Photo

I Think I F'd Up My Bios (a Long Time Ago, But Still)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sephariel

Sephariel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:13 AM

Hello,

First off, I'm pretty bad at everything mod related, or bios related on computers. I had my xbox modded some years ago. It still works fine (I think), but, I think the bios is fucked up or something.

I remember, in the advanced options, there was a Flash your BIOS option. When you presses it, there was a message, saying "flashing the bios" or something, there was a cosmetic choice afterwards to change the color of the xbox logo on boot (blue, orange, red ect).

One day, it stopped, I couldn't do it anymore (not that I did it often, perhaps five or six times to test the colors). The option to flash the bios is still here, but there is no message confirming that it's flashing the BIOS, it's just.... blank.

When I select different skins, sometimes the BIOS is there along the "Free space on F: and E:, DVD tray, the clock", but it shows Error, or Unknown.

So my guess is the flashing mus have gone wrong the last time, or I may have deleted something I shouldn't, either way... I'd like to "repair", but no matter the tutorials I read, it seems no one can solve my problem (that, and I get confused reading them)

Now, is there a way to repair the bios ? As I told you, I don't know much about this... is it as simple as to download something and transfer it somewhere in the C: drive of my xbox ?

I have a folder in the C: drive called Backup, there's a few files in it, namely bios.bin, disk.bin, eeprom.bin, hddinfo.txt, hddinfo.bin, must I copy these files elsewhere ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Sephariel, 08 August 2009 - 03:18 AM.

#2 bc54

bc54

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:06 AM

if your xbox still works, its not a problem with the bios.

in order for dashes to determine what bios you ahve, they compare the crc of the bios in memory to a list in a file usually called BiosIDs.ini.

if you either dont have this file, or your have a bios with injected with custom setting (colors, etc.) then your dash will report unknown bios.

so, either get BiosIDS.ini or ignore it. it does mean anything is wrong, anyway im sure you know what bios your using.

oh, and please keep the language a little less profane. thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users