• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 huskerman99

huskerman99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:12 AM

It seems as though this post could have fallen into numerous categories, feel free to move around as you see fit.

I have now found a guy offering to retrieve the dvd key from the CPU and give me the key, for a fee of course. He won't disclose how he does it, but is a reputable source.

Here is my question and Scenario...

Received a couple of boxes with DVD drives, but they clearly were not keyed right or not even the original drive for those boxes. Great, here I am stuck with this scrap box now! I read the F/W on the drives and found "FF" in the key - JF says this is a bad thing, and maybe thats why they dont work? Not so fast, I have read about the infectus chip but unfortunately linux is not my thing no matter how hard I try. Unable to locate original key I went to the net. I found a guy claiming to be the first and only to offer his solution to this problem. He said I can send in the console without the dvd drive, and he will return it with my Cpu key, dvd key etc... The guy has a rating of up over 750+ with 100% satisfaction.

I will not post a link to him unless a moderator says it is ok. Anyway my question is, Once I have the Dvd Key can I plug it into any drive? Keep in mind I do not have the original drives (at least they don't seem like it - obviously i would try to flash it to the drive it came with first) but lets say it theoretically had a hitachi 47d, the guy gives me the key and i slap into a samsung... will this drive work as long as the key is correct or do I need to know what make of drive was originally in the system?

Don't let the posts # fool you, it's been a while and as often as I tried to reset the password on my other account, i think M$ blocks the email from you guys on purpose because it never shows up in the inbox smile.gif

thoughts or concerns? and can I post this guys Advertisement that I found?

#2 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

I wont belive it intill its posted on here and confirmed.
He could just be doing the old switcharoo.

Buying RROD consoles cheap.
You send in yours and he swaps the motherboard charges you the price of the RROD console he brought, sells off the extra bits. And uses your mobo for parts or sells it to some one else for parts.

Then once he has a bit of legit feedback starts telling people there will be a delay and just keeps there money and does a runner.

Or he could be a MS employee and has access to the dvdkey database.

#3 huskerman99

huskerman99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:27 AM

Well I am going to send mine off. I do not think he can pull off a switcharoo, I have signed my motherboard with a marker, literally... A black marker. But now that you bring that up, he wants 70 bucks to do it, that includes the return shipping. Now you just prompted my thought process, why would I pay the guy 70 bucks for my dvd key when i could buy another unit for that price and use it's motherboard, I guess you just made it seem hardly worth it to fork over 70 bucks when i could probably get a motherboard with key for 30 bucks.. tongue.gif

Still curious on my other question, should this be done, is the key all you need or do you need to know the make and f/w revision of original drive? LEt's say I order a motherboard off ebay with dvd key, will that key allow any drive to work on that motherboard?

#4 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

You will also need to know the drive type so you can spoof the replacement drive other wise you will get rrod.
But its not that hard to just try all the drives around the date of the xbox your using.

Just get a replacement drive thats easy to flash,
such as a benQ.

You should be able to get a rrod xbox that includes everything (except hdd and controller) for like $40-$80.
Well thats what I normally pay.
And thats NZD

USD would be
$26.84-$53.69

Personally I wouldn't buy a xbox with just the mother board, I like to have the whole thing together and normally ask the seller if the dvd key is correct and if they can guarantee if will play games once rrod is fixed.
Most people will say they dont know but aslong as they guarantee it will play games thats alright (check they dont have any bad feedback)
People that ignore that question stay away from.

Then you can just keep your one with the lost key as a media centre to play movies and stuff.

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(huskerman99 @ Aug 9 2009, 04:12 AM) View Post

It seems as though this post could have fallen into numerous categories, feel free to move around as you see fit.

I have now found a guy offering to retrieve the dvd key from the CPU and give me the key, for a fee of course. He won't disclose how he does it, but is a reputable source.

He is lying to you plain and simple. I don't care if he is god himself you cant get the drive key from any other source but the drive unless you first have the proper drive key to begin with.

To run the exploit to get any info from the motherboard you must fist have the proper drive key to run the game King Kong to run the exploit needed.

There are tens of thousands of people out there with dead consoles because of screwing up during modding and lost their drive key. Many of them has fallen to the same type of scam and many other has come in here just as determined as you are that this can be done and ALL of them has learned to except the fact that their console will never load another game from the DVD drive again.

#6 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

I would be insterested to know the link of the place so people could know who to avoid.

#7 saleem_hacks_360s

saleem_hacks_360s

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

well you will know when he is offering you the so called service,so realy theres no need to know,where the offer was made.

if someone offers this to you tell em to hop it.

smile.gif

#8 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

Heh, I was just curious thats all, and it seems that the OP went looking for him so I would never find him cos I know it's not possible laugh.gif

#9 huskerman99

huskerman99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

It makes me wanna waste the money just to prove this. I specifically asked him if he needed the old dvd drive and he said no. Normally I would assume was a fake, however, he has 710+ feedback and 100% positive... how many of those were motherboard things I couldn't tell you. He did insist that the unit was not RROD and in working condition (except dvd drive), however if he were to pull a switcharoo, I would assume he would want a working replacement. I am going to place an order with guy on Friday, just for shits and giggles.

Here is another question, If you used Infectus to get the CPU key from another console, is it possible to erase the CPU i send in and clone it from the one you had? Kinda like a dvd copier but for CPU's? I am not a CPU guy, but i remember from school most logic chips having a reset pin that you could bring to a logic level high or low and it would reset the chips memory? I was looking through a flowchart for the xbox-360 CPU and it's processes or whatever and what prevents someone from erasing and using a CPU reader/writer to ghost it?

It may not work like that I was just curious because this whole CPU keyvault thing pisses me off that the require them to service their products and won't give out the information to do necessary repairs... I hope this comes out of one of the lawsuits to give u s the right to repair our own stuff... Could you imagine how broke we would all be if car manufactures did this?

Mahalo,

Huskerman99

#10 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

Im sure most the feedback the guy has is fake (prob from friends and dummy accounts)

#11 RRODXbox

RRODXbox

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

I think I found the person, I quizzed him a bit and he seems to have removed the ad, Didn't have any feedback for that specific offer either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users