• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#166 ErlendFS

ErlendFS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:18 AM

Unable to edit my previous post, but now I get in to JungleFlasher/DosFlash32, but they report back 0x51/0x52/0xD1/0xD2 every time. Is it all about timing now?

#167 gameworld

gameworld

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

Hello
How do I know what version is my liteon drive?

model# DG-16D2S-09C
HW VER: A0A2
FW VER: 83850C

I had read on jungle flasher there are version 1 and version 2

version v1 doesnt need hardware
but version 2 required to do a trace on line

thnx

#168 tjroon

tjroon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

aye i got a question
if your xbox360 gets banned and you have another xbox360 un banned
can you just switch the dvd drives and get the unbanned one to work as flashed?

#169 magenta386

magenta386

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(tjroon @ Mar 8 2010, 08:27 AM) View Post

aye i got a question
if your xbox360 gets banned and you have another xbox360 un banned
can you just switch the dvd drives and get the unbanned one to work as flashed?

Not directly, no. Every xbox has it own unique key that has to be in the drive. If you just take the drive out of one system and put it in another the drive will still have the same key from it old xbox and it will not work with the new one. You can always get the key from the new system and put it in the old drive, then it would work.

#170 RDSport323

RDSport323

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:39 AM

Just bought a new Arcade 360, and found I got 83850C.... the jungle flasher tutorial was a bit confusing, and since JF rarely worked on my Windows 7 64 computer, I did everything with DOS and so far everything has worked perfectly.

I used DosFlash to extract the keys, aand make the dummy.bin and then tested it by spoofing my BenQ drive, which worked, then made the right firmware with JF and flashed again through DosFlash.

so far so good.

#171 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

here it goes....

i have a 83850c v1
everything went perfectly, i flashed to LT 1.1
now when i put a game in the tray the whole thing crashes.....

any suggestions ?

#172 ajamils

ajamils

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

Today for the first time I tried my hands on modding the new Liteon drives using the rebuilt boards and I got everything soldered correctly but cannot get it to show up in JF. I've tried it many times but send I send the "Intro" nothing happens. I'm using Xtractror Pro with Vampire.

If you could give me some suggestions. It would be great. Attached are some pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#173 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:01 AM

i'd tell you to remove that pos board you attached to you pcb, but usually people rip up pads when they do it. normally we just make the 2 cuts on the pcb, then open jf and send intro (drive will not show), then push button on vampire and turn on drive. drive opens in x72 and we can read and usually write unless a winbound chip. then just repair and put back together. if you have some wick u can remove solder and try the pro way, it is actually easier.

#174 ajamils

ajamils

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Jul 3 2010, 10:01 PM) View Post

i'd tell you to remove that pos board you attached to you pcb, but usually people rip up pads when they do it. normally we just make the 2 cuts on the pcb, then open jf and send intro (drive will not show), then push button on vampire and turn on drive. drive opens in x72 and we can read and usually write unless a winbound chip. then just repair and put back together. if you have some wick u can remove solder and try the pro way, it is actually easier.

"Pro way is easier" ? That's a first. Usually, "PRO" way is beyond the capabilities of newbies likes me smile.gif. Is there a step by step to tutorial somewhere ? I do not have wick but I can get it from the shop tomorrow.

#175 Farid

Farid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Do I have to have a specific type of motherboard and chipset for a successful dump?

I found this in another forum :

LiteOn compatible S-ATA Controller
*Intel ICH7
*Intel ICH8
*Intel ICH9
*Intel ICH10
*NVIDIA nForce 4 Onboard S-ATA Controller
*NVIDIA nForce 430
*NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI (Onboard)
*VIA 6421a

#176 seanjames

seanjames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

Hello,

My ultimate apologies if this is a ridiculous questions, but have been searching all night with no answer. Using JF, about 5 months ago I replaced my Lite-On 83850c and spoofed it to a Samsung TS-H943 MS25. Everything went well..and wound up with a nicer, quieter drive. I do not play backed-up games.

The two questions I have now are:

1) To update to a newer FW in JF, do I follow the Samsung procedures (with modified FW already installed), or do I follow the LiteOn procedures (with modified FW already installed). I feel this is pretty fundamental, but I honestly don't know. uhh.gif

2) For purposes of giving my box to someone who may wish to go on to XBL, I am considering going back to the original drive. I still have it, though I can't seem to find the dumped dummy.bin anywhere on my computer, and for the life of me can't remember if I went all the way through with ERASING the drive. When I hook it up to my computer now, I currently can not get it to be recognized by JF. Sooo....am I SOL if I want to go back to the original drive, or can something be recovered from the Samsung? (My gut says I'm SOL if I erased the drive)

Thanks all! Will check on any helpful hints tomorrow, and give it another go at getting JF to see the Lite-On.

#177 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(seanjames @ Apr 13 2011, 02:08 AM) View Post

Hello,

My ultimate apologies if this is a ridiculous questions, but have been searching all night with no answer. Using JF, about 5 months ago I replaced my Lite-On 83850c and spoofed it to a Samsung TS-H943 MS25. Everything went well..and wound up with a nicer, quieter drive. I do not play backed-up games.

The two questions I have now are:

1) To update to a newer FW in JF, do I follow the Samsung procedures (with modified FW already installed), or do I follow the LiteOn procedures (with modified FW already installed). I feel this is pretty fundamental, but I honestly don't know. uhh.gif

2) For purposes of giving my box to someone who may wish to go on to XBL, I am considering going back to the original drive. I still have it, though I can't seem to find the dumped dummy.bin anywhere on my computer, and for the life of me can't remember if I went all the way through with ERASING the drive. When I hook it up to my computer now, I currently can not get it to be recognized by JF. Sooo....am I SOL if I want to go back to the original drive, or can something be recovered from the Samsung? (My gut says I'm SOL if I erased the drive)

Thanks all! Will check on any helpful hints tomorrow, and give it another go at getting JF to see the Lite-On.

You wont want to be using a Samsung drive to replace your Liteon drive.

Samsung does not support AP 2.5. So no new AP 2.5 games will work whether they are retail or backups. Also when the new dashboard comes out the update will fail since your console does not contain the proper drive for your console.

You should replace the Liteon with another Liteon.

#178 seanjames

seanjames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 13 2011, 03:02 PM) View Post

You wont want to be using a Samsung drive to replace your Liteon drive.

Samsung does not support AP 2.5. So no new AP 2.5 games will work whether they are retail or backups. Also when the new dashboard comes out the update will fail since your console does not contain the proper drive for your console.

You should replace the Liteon with another Liteon.

Well I ALREADY replaced the drive with a Samsung 5 months ago. I have read nothing about the samsung no longer working in the future...can you clarify or point me to more info?

Am I able to pull the info that was spoofed from my original LiteOn to the Samsung BACK to a new LiteOn?

Thanks.

Edited by seanjames, 14 April 2011 - 02:50 AM.

#179 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(seanjames @ Apr 13 2011, 09:37 PM) View Post

Well I ALREADY replaced the drive with a Samsung 5 months ago. I have read nothing about the samsung no longer working in the future...can you clarify or point me to more info?

Am I able to pull the info that was spoofed from my original LiteOn to the Samsung BACK to a new LiteOn?

Thanks.

Well it has only been front page news lately so its no wonder you would know about it.

Try a pinned link just a post away from this one HERE.

#180 seanjames

seanjames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 13 2011, 08:05 PM) View Post

Well it has only been front page news lately so its no wonder you would know about it.

Try a pinned link just a post away from this one HERE.

Oh man...this is what I get for spending a month solid on the boards prior to my drive switchout, only to leave for the last 5 months. Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users