daman22

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:02 AM

ok, well, i got the old liteon. is there way to get the key w/o soldering or buying a probe? whast the cheapest method

#62 brain27

brain27

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:like hacking and making things.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(famoussasjohn @ Sep 13 2009, 01:13 AM) View Post

do i need a probe connected when I am using 360 xtractor? i kept getting this error "360 xtractor "No USB ports found, by default the first COM port is selected." and could not go any further, my computer does not have a COM port, which may be the problem, I extracted the key just fine with freekey, and now i just need to do the 360 xtractor stuff but am having trouble sad.gif

Just use JF 1.66 and follow the 83850 pdf guide.

Edited by brain27, 13 September 2009 - 12:27 PM.

#63 westcoastloc

westcoastloc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

I have a dv6-1030us HP laptop. Can I use the external sata port that it has built in to flash a liteon or toshiba drive? I just got RRoD on my console and am considering buying a new xbox arcade console. thanks.

Edited by westcoastloc, 14 September 2009 - 03:00 AM.

#64 warnos16v

warnos16v

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

wow this is driving me crazy.. have modded many of the old 74 liteons and now I cannot do these 83850c.

ok my pc has the portIO driver and the VIA 6421 card disabled..

I am using either the extractor or the CK3.. I am not using the prob.. I used to solder the line on the old 74 but this is not needed I have read for the 83850c's. I am also not using the USB adaptor to the Extractor or CK3..

I cannot get past where it states put the drive into the fully open position and press ok.. once I do it... I get the message "LO83info extraction Failed!"

I am not sure what I am doing wrong I have followed the Jungle Flash PDF to the letter but I cannot get this done..

I have used every method there is to put the drive in the half open mode it used to always work on the old drives.. I then power cycle it.. my PC can see it.. but its not extracting the key after I then put it to fully eject.. I have also tried ejecting with the eject button or by pulling the drive out.. anyone got these problems and sorted them out?? what did you do??

Thanks

Edited by warnos16v, 17 September 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#65 brain27

brain27

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(warnos16v @ Sep 17 2009, 11:36 AM) View Post

wow this is driving me crazy.. have modded many of the old 74 liteons and now I cannot do these 83850c.

ok my pc has the portIO driver and the VIA 6421 card disabled..

I am using either the extractor or the CK3.. I am not using the prob.. I used to solder the line on the old 74 but this is not needed I have read for the 83850c's. I am also not using the USB adaptor to the Extractor or CK3..

I cannot get past where it states put the drive into the fully open position and press ok.. once I do it... I get the message "LO83info extraction Failed!"

I am not sure what I am doing wrong I have followed the Jungle Flash PDF to the letter but I cannot get this done..

I have used every method there is to put the drive in the half open mode it used to always work on the old drives.. I then power cycle it.. my PC can see it.. but its not extracting the key after I then put it to fully eject.. I have also tried ejecting with the eject button or by pulling the drive out.. anyone got these problems and sorted them out?? what did you do??

Thanks

Try using the 360 as the power supply.

I just followed the on screen insructions and got the key but nothing like this happened.

Edited by brain27, 17 September 2009 - 03:55 PM.

#66 warnos16v

warnos16v

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

Yeah tried the xbox to power the DVD drive and it still didn't work.. bit of a weird one..

Made no difference. Just like when I powered it with the CK3 or Maximus Xtractor.

Mmm this is driving me crazy.

Thanks for the advice..

#67 hotshotz79

hotshotz79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

http://www.jungleflasher.net/ doesn't work

need help.. im trying to flash my 8X LITEON drive

i read the 83850c.pdf guide

but it says 'refer to pg5' and 'page15' @ jungleflasher's user guide.. but site doesn't work..

#68 hotshotz79

hotshotz79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(warnos16v @ Sep 19 2009, 11:27 AM) View Post

Yeah tried the xbox to power the DVD drive and it still didn't work.. bit of a weird one..

Made no difference. Just like when I powered it with the CK3 or Maximus Xtractor.

Mmm this is driving me crazy.

Thanks for the advice..

i read somewhere "dont press the EJECT button, instead pull it out manually"

perhaps try that... for me i just did a brand new 83850c liteon drive and didnt use the 'eject' button at all
and for powering on/off i use the small power cable on the dvd drive (attached from drive to xbox)

#69 warnos16v

warnos16v

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

thanks for the response.

I have tried ejecting it manually by moving the black thing across and then manually moving it out but this also doesn't work.

Also tried powering the drive by every means I can think of.. Xbox, CK3, Maximus, Home made power supply I made up. Still cant get this to work.

Might have to try another method I think. Other then Jungleflash.

Thanks

#70 thesmash

thesmash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

I just bought a new arcade the other week with the 83850c.

I'm not sure what I did but somewhere in the erase I think I screwed something up. I erase it and it just says drive returned status 0x80 then device intro failed. I'm just using the 360 as a power source right now. I've tried using the on/off switch on the box as well as unplugging and plugging in the dvd power cable.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but help would be greatly appreciated.

#71 timewaster

timewaster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

my 3rd xbox just died. i was using a BenQ drive.
from the xbox 360 drive DB, it seems i am most likely to get a Lite-On.

There is a old Lite-On and a new Lite-On? How do you tell which one you got?
The old one requires you to sodder?

I cannot get JungleFlash to work on my pc. I was using DosFlash for my BenQ drive.
Can you use Dosflash instead of JungleFlash for Lite-On?
If yes, is the procedure the same as the BenQ?

#72 brain27

brain27

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(thesmash @ Sep 25 2009, 06:31 AM) View Post

I just bought a new arcade the other week with the 83850c.

I'm not sure what I did but somewhere in the erase I think I screwed something up. I erase it and it just says drive returned status 0x80 then device intro failed. I'm just using the 360 as a power source right now. I've tried using the on/off switch on the box as well as unplugging and plugging in the dvd power cable.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats normal. You just have to keep trying and youll get it. Or youre doing something wrong.
When the dots appear youre supposed to remove the power cable and put it back in lss than 1 second.
your timing is crucial. If everything fails go DOS.

#73 thesmash

thesmash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

Alright. I'm convinced I'm doing the timing right and I've done it multiple times only to get the same results.

What do you mean by use DOS? I haven't messed with much besides JF. I tried using the l-o-eras, I don't think I really did anything with that and only got the FF80 from that.

Also is there any way I could just spoof the firmware to my hitachi drive I have lying around?

I just want to play games now sad.gif

#74 bachelod413

bachelod413

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

Hello, I have searched around and cannot find an answer to my problem, hoping someone here can help. I have the liteon 83850. I had it hooked up and recognized by JF, while i was plugging and unplugging my drive, JF now doesnt see my liteon, and my xbox is flashing a green light. I have read that this means its in vendor mode? How do i get my key from it? Im afraid without a gui interface, im not much good at this. Could i put dosflash16 on a floppy and boot to that and somehow "reset" my drive, and try again with JF?

#75 imtony

imtony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

Okay, Before I start doing my drive, I just want to make sure about a few things.
For this part
"Please ensure you have the drive fresh / power cycled after setting Half Open
Tray, this is essential. Then, click OK"

What doe sit mean by fresh / powercycled?
then this part
"If the dump appears to JungleFlasher that it was valid, JungleFlasher will prompt
you to power on with half open tray again. As with the original command, please
ensure the drive is fresh / power cycled before continuing."

does this mean I manually close it then press eject again and take out the power cable so that its halfway then plug it back in? Would that be a fresh/power cycle?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users