• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:11 AM

Xbox 360 Tops Nine Million Sales In Europe
Posted by XanTium | August 15 00:11 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From edge-online.com:

Chris Lewis, VP of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, told MCV that the Xbox 360 was the only platform to see positive sales growth during 2009, and that it now commands 27 per cent of European console market share.

"Our installed base is now well over nine million in Europe, where we enjoy about 27 per cent of the current share of the console market," he said.

Full Story: edge-online.com

#2 Grumbledock

Grumbledock

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

That's good!
If xbox 360 gets the bigger part of the EU-market MS has to offer US the same deals as the US-customers (I hope) pop.gif

#3 Anth

Anth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

"Our installed base is now well over nine million in Europe"

Its really only 2 million, the other 7 million consoles that were sold are now sitting in a scrap heap after breaking down. smile.gif

Source of quoted figures: picked from thin air.

#4 DeeRez

DeeRez

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(Anth @ Aug 15 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post
"Our installed base is now well over nine million in Europe"

Its really only 2 million, the other 7 million consoles that were sold are now sitting in a scrap heap after breaking down. smile.gif

Source of quoted figures: picked from thin air.

Pachter, is that you?? I reckon it's more like 1,800,000 still working

Source of quoted figures: based on one working 360 out of the five in my house.

#5 Grumbledock

Grumbledock

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

Well, I've got 2 working 360's of 2 possible, one elit from last year and one pro from the release (without hdmi etc.). The pro's been in for RROD-repair one time but still works fine smile.gif

#6 Jagosix

Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

HFG smile.gif. PLEASE ...Enough of the RROD jokes people. That has been done to death. It's old news now. Move on.

This year, I have repaired more PS3s than X360s. That YLOD & RLOD (PS3) are driving me crazy. Not to even mention the Lens unit on the PS3s are bad enough. Replacing and calibrating more of those also.

9 Mil in sales isn't bad. Well.. the price drop that's coming will make even more sales.

#7 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Jagosix @ Aug 15 2009, 03:31 PM) View Post
Enough of the RROD jokes people. That has been done to death. It's old news now. Move on.
+1

Also remember the majority of consoles that do RROD are still under warranty and get replaced free of charge by Microsoft. Most people take advantage of the warranty rather than splashing out on a brand new console. Besides 9 million consoles sold is pretty impressive no matter how you want to spin it.

#8 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

My Lauch day Unit is Going Strong. Never been Serviced. I am thinking about getting an New Arcade or Pro with HDMI, but haven't brought myself to spend the money while my console is still working fine.

#9 Anth

Anth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(Jagosix @ Aug 15 2009, 12:31 PM) View Post

HFG smile.gif. PLEASE ...Enough of the RROD jokes people. That has been done to death. It's old news now. Move on.

Mine was an E74 joke biggrin.gif

They're still fresh. jester.gif

#10 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

9 million and they are boasting well they don't have very high targets then for the size of the territory 9 million is poor I bet UK prob sold 4 million of them.

They need to start offering EU deals you see it all the time in US so why not here

#11 Jagosix

Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(Anth @ Aug 16 2009, 02:13 AM) View Post

Mine was an E74 joke biggrin.gif

They're still fresh. jester.gif

Wow the E74 joke. Dude everyone should be petrified of the E74. Not!!! dry.gif That's under warranty also. So what's your point?

QUOTE(Charbless @ Aug 16 2009, 03:27 AM) View Post

9 million and they are boasting well they don't have very high targets then for the size of the territory 9 million is poor I bet UK prob sold 4 million of them.

They need to start offering EU deals you see it all the time in US so why not here

Hhmmm... So any company that makes a statement about their sales (MicroSoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc..) are boasting. Didn't know that. Thanks for the insight. I'll remember that the next time the other companies post their sales too.

What is up with some of you. I mean you hate M$ that much. I don't hate any company (maybe a strong dislike) But never hate. I prefer the system of my choice and you should also. I have my reasons why I do and so do you. You can be hating on M$ all you want but you can't deny what they have brought to the video game industry. Thank you Micro$oft. biggrin.gif

#12 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Jagosix @ Aug 16 2009, 12:44 PM) View Post

You can be hating on M$ all you want but you can't deny what they have brought to the video game industry. Thank you Micro$oft. biggrin.gif

Correct but you also can not overlook the shitload of faulty hardware they brought to the market either, even though you seem to be saying it doesn't matter as it is old news.
9m is good considering how bad the hardware is. A percentage of those will indeed be people replacing a console that went wrong. Hell I even considered it this week when my launch unit gave in (no warranty left) followed by my 18 month old pro only 2 days later. So from having 2 I have none. One will be back in a few weeks until it fails again. The launch unit I can accept I have had my money out of it, but I will not replace it with another 360, nor will I replace the other unit if it fails again out of warranty.
Cheap prices have driven a lot of sales but increasing those in the next few years will need a redesign and a little of something new.
MS has done a good job and has good games but please don't deny the hardware issues or ignore them as a small factor.

#13 tom_mandory

tom_mandory

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

How many people live in europe?

#14 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators