mrperson71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

I recently have softmodded my Xbox and I'm having a blast with it. Honestly, I doubt I would have anything else hooked up to my TV beside my Xbox if it wasn't for 1 factor: Guitar Hero. I absolutely love the game and have played it since GH2 first came out for PS2 in 2006. I recently came across a game called Guitar Fun, which is a homebrew GH clone for PS2, PC, and Wii. Since it was open source, I instantly thought this game should be ported to the Xbox. I was thinking since many modded xbox owners have USB adapters to their Xbox, it should be possible to hook up a keyboard to the Xbox no problem to play the game like Frets on Fire. Also PS2 -> Xbox adapters aren't that hard to find and aren't that expensive, meaning that people could use PS2 Guitar controllers (Which is what I would like to do). Anyways, I don't know anything about developing for Xbox and was hoping someone could port this to Xbox.

Also before anyone mentions it, I did see the FoF thread a few posts down. I know people are asking for a port of Guitar Fun. I thought since FoF isn't likely to be ported to Xbox due to system limitations, there should be a post dedicated to Guitar Fun.

For developers looking for the Guitar Fun v3.5 source code, here it is: http://mods.elotrola..._3.5_source.rar

Here's a screenshot of the game (Wii Version):
IPB Image

#2 GTTeancum

GTTeancum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:57 AM

Last time I checked this out it used C++ and SDL, so it's possible. Key configs can be set up in game, so if someone has a PS2 adapter they can use their PS2 guitars and assign buttons. Here's hoping someone has the time to dedicate to it.

#3 gordita37

gordita37

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Interests:KoRn
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:48 AM

being able to plug in the 360 xplorer guitar would be amazing, but im sure theres some sort of driver problem

#4 mrperson71

mrperson71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

Is anybody interested in porting this? This would be amazing on Xbox. (PS2 ->Xbox/GC controller adapter FTW)

#5 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

i second the request. i also have my ps2 hooked up just for gh and rock band. i love them! it would be nice to have a port of a gh like game on the old box smile.gif

#6 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

Wow... that looks a lot cooler than Frets of Fire, which I requested to be ported a year or two ago.

The closest I get to Guitar Hero on my Box is Parappa the Rappa for PSX and the excellent NES homebrew "D-Pad Hero"

http://www.dpadhero.com/Home.html

Here's the video for it.... It's really awesome.

http://www.youtube.c...watch-vid-title

Edited by ressurectionx, 16 December 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#7 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:45 AM

I'd sure as hell, like it! biggrin.gif

#8 dasmico

dasmico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:17 AM

i further second this idea. its the only thing lacking on xbox!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users