#1 ricerx2

ricerx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

No Hard drive activity....and the light on the monitor just continues to flash

All the fans are running normally

I've been having problems with hard disk being not detected recently....so i tried the PATA slot by switching out my DVD drives and seemed to work.

But today I turned on my computer and nothing loads....nothing on screen but all the power seems to be on

I'm guessing theres something wrong with my motherboard because i've been trying out the 2 PATA ports with my hard drive and DVD drives....and seems that only 1 was working....and my SATA ports weren't detecting my Xbox drive at all.

Let me know if no HD activity and nothing on screen but all fans + power is up means a faulty motherboard

Thanks

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:10 AM

The system isn't beeping at all when you turn it on, is it?

Are you certain the attached drives are ok? What does the system do when powered on with no drives attached?

How do you know that "one PATA port" is working if the system never gives any video output?

#3 ricerx2

ricerx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:28 AM

no there are no beeps at all....and before I had this blank screen problem...it was already giving me hard disk not detected...so i unplugged my dvd drive and plugged in my hard disk into that port...and the problem seemed to have went away.

and i've been trying to connect my xbox samsumg drive via SATA into the motherboard with nForce 4 SLi....its not detecting...and its freezing my computer on windows logo screen or at desktop if i power on my xbox at that screen.

EDIT: Just powered it on...and now its loading with video output again....I didn't do any changes at all...and its working again. very strange

Edited by ricerx2, 20 August 2009 - 06:30 AM.

#4 ricerx2

ricerx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

definitely one of the IDE PATA ports doesn't work....tested it back and forth....my computer is booting up again.....now i need to see why my xbox samsung ms28 drive isn't working with my mobo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users