#241 scullc

scullc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 20 2011, 02:52 PM) View Post

Connect IDE cable to hdd after pc has POST and pressing the pause key.

by pure chance I had to lock a 'frozen drive' tonight (actually a 200gb SATA HDD via a convertor)
you could alternatively (like me) connect the IDE cable when xboxhdm 2.2 is at the main boot menu (it pauses for a bit) - risky I know wink.gif
worked for me - bypassed the frozen drive & locked 1st time using xboxhdm tools smile.gif

#242 scullc

scullc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Was (briefly) testing today...

I need to report that I was unable to get the DOS un/locking tools working in is current form (will not find the FreeDOS folder)

A simple work around is to move ALL the files from the FreeDOS folder to the root of the USB stick (overwriting anything in its path) & delete the FreeDOS folder.

I have not used FreeDOS/xboxhdm2.2 for >1 year & I assume FreeDOS is hardly used now sad.gif as there has been no reports about this. If there is any demand I will upload a 'fixed' version so that FreeDOS will work as it should.

#243 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

This is a side effect of RMPrepUSB? I will welcome your update to fix it for users of hdm2.2.

#244 wawrzekpolak

wawrzekpolak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

when i trying to unlock hdd via slax it write , it cant find driver and giving me errors. After that i hangs.I want to edit softmod files because i copy bad files on hdd

Edited by wawrzekpolak, 28 June 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#245 SNiPA

SNiPA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Having a bit of an issue with this.
Trying to build a new HDD with an eeprom.bin, M$ Dash files, Ndure 3.1 and XBMC in E:.
Have only the new HDD on Primary Master, nothing else connected.

Got as far as QEMU opening and selecting 'xboxhd' but when I choose 'Option 1' to build a new HDD from scratch, I get the error, "Searching for linux-CDROM.... Cannot find it ???"

Have I just missed some files when copying across, is this something to do with using USB-Boot_Utilities/BOOTABLE_USB-DRIVE script to make my USB drive boot or do I need to make-iso-win?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by SNiPA, 23 July 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#246 scullc

scullc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(SNiPA @ Jul 23 2011, 10:57 AM) View Post

Having a bit of an issue with this.
Trying to build a new HDD with an eeprom.bin, M$ Dash files, Ndure 3.1 and XBMC in E:.
Have only the new HDD on Primary Master, nothing else connected.

Got as far as QEMU opening and selecting 'xboxhd' but when I choose 'Option 1' to build a new HDD from scratch, I get the error, "Searching for linux-CDROM.... Cannot find it ???"

Have I just missed some files when copying across, is this something to do with using USB-Boot_Utilities/BOOTABLE_USB-DRIVE script to make my USB drive boot or do I need to make-iso-win?

Thanks for any help.

No ISO needed. Just populate the folders as per instructions on the title page.
Moreover - support for Ndure in v2.2 is only experimental.
Follow this recent thread that discussed the issues that may lie ahead and possible solutions

#247 SNiPA

SNiPA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for the link.
If I can find a CD-RW lying around (so I can leave the disc "open" to drag 'n' drop different EEPROMs) I'll give v1.9 a go.
Otherwise, I'll use EEPROMs and ConfigMagic with my modchipped Xbox although Heimdall has previously stated that the versions (v1-1.5 or v1.6) are likely to need to be the same for this method to work as hoped.
I've used it once and it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.

#248 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

2.2 never really worked for me, i can unlock drives with it but locking never worked, I can dissable har disk in bios or connect it after post and 2.2 dosentdetect the drive, so i just use 1.9

#249 Millenia1x

Millenia1x

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

so I'm trying to build a new hard drive with xboxhdm 2.2 and have the eeprom from the old hard drive thats dying and is modded

I downloaded slayers to get the c and e drive virgin from it and used that with the eeprom, and I

format partition first
build the drive
then install f drive

then I close out Qemu and try to lock the hard drive but it always reported as frozen so I connect the hard drive after the pc bios loads then lock it, and put it in the xbox and it gives an error every time

anyone know a way to get it to work, the compatibility site says the drive worls.

Edited by Millenia1x, 06 August 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#250 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

I have to use xboxhdm 1.9 to lock hard drives.
So i simply just use that 2.2 never worked for me when it came to locking, It never detects the hard disk when i disable it in the bios but 1.9 works

#251 dwmyke

dwmyke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

Has anybody ever gotten XboxHDM 2.2 to do a working softmod? I've been looking throughout the forums and trying every which way (using NDURE 3.1) , but all I ever get is error 29 or hanging on the xbox logo. I'd use Xplorer360 but it just locks up the computer when I hotswap the xbox drive. Can't use 1.9 because I only have 1 IDE channel on my computer. Suppose I could shell out the $20 bucks for a usb adapter and a game, but there must be some way to get this softmod to work with a usb stick and hotswapping.

#252 scullc

scullc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(dwmyke @ Oct 17 2011, 05:38 AM) View Post

Has anybody ever gotten XboxHDM 2.2 to do a working softmod? I've been looking throughout the forums and trying every which way (using NDURE 3.1) , but all I ever get is error 29 or hanging on the xbox logo. I'd use Xplorer360 but it just locks up the computer when I hotswap the xbox drive. Can't use 1.9 because I only have 1 IDE channel on my computer. Suppose I could shell out the $20 bucks for a usb adapter and a game, but there must be some way to get this softmod to work with a usb stick and hotswapping.

well if you have read through this thread thoroughly - you'd probably form the opinion (correctly) that Ndure & xboxhdm2.2 in all likelihood doesnt work. in saying that spliff721 succeeded (long overdue thanks btw spliff721 for that).
i never got it to work & it was only ever experimental - moreover it seems xboxhdm2.2 does not lock correctly.
certainly is possible to create your HDD by hotswapping & USB stick
personally I would recommend xboxhdm2.1
I created the USB in the usual way (RTFM) and used Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1 for my softmod - not Ndure!!

Edited by scullc, 17 October 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#253 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

just like to add you only need 1 ide channel to use xboxhdm 1.9 but your ide cable needs 2 connectors 1 for the hard disk (master) and 1 for the cd. (slave)

#254 scullc

scullc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

I never intended on returning to testing this tool again but the the reported & persistent failure of the tool bugged me.
Been casually testing the tool over the last few hrs & its not good news.

I downloaded xboxhdm2.2 from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O31E4QDI
I downloaded RMPrepUSB_Full_2.1.630.zip from http://www.rmprepusb...nts/release-2-0

I rebuilt a 8gb HDD with a customised C & E - but it failed to boot...despite repeated rebuilds.
I used Xplorer360.beta6 to read the contents & certain filenames have been truncated sad.gif see here
I deleted all the contents of C & E & used Xplorer360 to inject all the same files back in...and then it booted 1st time - no problems - with no truncated filenames.
Incidentally - I initially tried un/locking & that seemed to work fine smile.gif
I did have x1 issue where in testing the un/locking tools in FreeDOS it didn't seem to work - but otherwise the un/locking commands in hdparm/xboxhdm worked well.

Where does that leave the tool then?
Unless we can solve the truncating problem - then I suggest we withdraw the tool.
Development has stopped & I don't have the time these days to carry the work on/do the testing.
I will look at xboxhdm2.1 & see how well that does - but thats another project for another day.

Edited by scullc, 19 October 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#255 scullc

scullc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

tested xboxhdm2.1 again (just to be sure) - working great biggrin.gif
i easily I rebuilt a 8gb HDD with a customised C & E - booted 1st time with no errors
locked & unlocked with hdparm/hdm tools - no problems
unlocked with atatpwd too - no problems
in conclusion - working!!

therefore please stop using (if indeed anyone is) xboxhdm2.2 until I figure out a solution! as file copying is corrupted (I suspect the boot loader) & un/locking may also be unreliable.
you are currently recommended to use xboxhdm2.1
find the download here: http://sourceforge.n.....m2/Final 2.1/

Edited by scullc, 20 October 2011 - 06:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users