hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:55 AM

I am making a couple of slimbox's without dvd roms and would like to know which bios to use that wont search for a dvd rom when booting and allow it load the hdd.

#2 stuntpenguin007

stuntpenguin007

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

If you've got a 1.0 xbox you could tsop flash it with the latest X2 bios. Not sure if any of the 512k X2 bios have support for no dvd drive, but you could check.

#3 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

http://www.xbox-scen...ios_retail.html

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

all x2 bios have the dvd check removed by default, evox bios you can use evtool to remove it, im not sure of ind bios, but im sure it has it off by default

personally i recommend x2 5035 for 1.0/1.1, x2 4983 for 1.2-1.5

youll need a modchip for a 1.6

#5 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Aug 23 2009, 10:00 PM) View Post

all x2 bios have the dvd check removed by default, evox bios you can use evtool to remove it, im not sure of ind bios, but im sure it has it off by default

personally i recommend x2 5035 for 1.0/1.1, x2 4983 for 1.2-1.5

youll need a modchip for a 1.6

Ok, what is the best process for flashing the bios ? I realise i have to softmod them first but then how do i do the flashing ? I also have a chipped xbox with a duox2 chip with a bad flash, couldi use the same bios's as above this xbox as well ?

#6 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

Ive recently flashed my TSOP so I could take out my DVD drive. After many many different bios's, ive settled on X2 5035. My only problem is it takes 2mins 40 seconds to boot up to XBMC! After the flubber and big X, it hangs on a blank screen.

Maybe its just me but ive not found a solution yet. Anyone else get this? FYI, I didnt use a modchip, I flashed the motherboard bios.

#7 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,743 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(hangover @ Aug 24 2009, 02:46 AM) View Post

Ok, what is the best process for flashing the bios ? I realise i have to softmod them first but then how do i do the flashing ? I also have a chipped xbox with a duox2 chip with a bad flash, couldi use the same bios's as above this xbox as well ?

as long as teh chipped xbox isnt a 1.6 you can use the same bios

depending on what kind of TSOP you have to can flash with evox, or eurasia (use eurasia if its a winbond TSOP chip, common on 1.2-1.5)

QUOTE(Black_Knight @ Aug 24 2009, 10:29 AM) View Post

Ive recently flashed my TSOP so I could take out my DVD drive. After many many different bios's, ive settled on X2 5035. My only problem is it takes 2mins 40 seconds to boot up to XBMC! After the flubber and big X, it hangs on a blank screen.

Maybe its just me but ive not found a solution yet. Anyone else get this? FYI, I didnt use a modchip, I flashed the motherboard bios.

use x2ool to create x2config.ini and put it in the root of the E drive, the reason its taking so long is probably because its looking for this file before loading the bios defaults

#8 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

Ive the ini file in the E: already. Im pretty sure its all set up correctly. I opened a discussion here the other day but ive had no success with any replies.
Ive posted a short snip of my ini file in the link above also. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

#9 drink_stir

drink_stir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

i use iND Bios. it works good for me. no dvd check. and u can edit the flubber and X screen on the fly. loads quick. but i think it only works for 1.2-1.5. idk if there is a 512mb bios. been a while since i looked.

#10 marstedt

marstedt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

Using IND BIOS and have taken out the logo & flubber but still have a disc check (it seems). Cold boots to XBMC menu in 13 seconds.

#11 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

I use iND-BIOS 5003. It works fine to bypass the DVD check but it takes a little longer to boot up than with one connected. Also the flubber screen is a little choppy and the boot up audio is not in sync. I would recommend it if you disable the flubber animation, which is easy to do with the ind-bios configuration app.

As far as the actual flashing goes, telnet-ing always worked for me. I tried using Evox to flash but never got it to work. Whatever works for you i guess

#12 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:12 AM

Finally got some time to myself so i flashed my V1.1 xbox with X2 4983.07 bios, after the message "xbox will shutdown ", i restarted and got the flubber with executer 2 underneath then a blank screen ?
Do i now need to re do my softmod or do i just ftp my choice of dashboard back onto the hdd ?

#13 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

I read thru about 4 pages of posts and found the answer to my problems, used my AID disc to remove the softmod then loaded XBMC as a C: dash. Only problem i have now is i get a slight stutter with the flubber and it takes about 20 seconds to load XBMC after i get the XBMC logo - really need to remove the flubber altogether .

#14 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,743 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

the stutter is due to not having a dvd drive, the slow loading XBMC might also be related, make sure XBMC isnt set to autoload anything from the dvd drive

#15 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

I have now loaded Ind bios 5003.67 for a 160gig hdd, now i want to edit the bios to get rid of the flubber and other animations and just load straight to XBMC. I have ind bios configurator but i dont know how to use it, googled and found the website but get some crappy ads instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users