Photo

Duo X3 Chip (switch In The Middle Of The Board)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ethernet

ethernet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:55 AM

There seems not to be to much info on this chip. If it is a good chip or not this is to be found out.
Can anyone help me on what bios flash to use on a 1.6 version. What does the switch do. Does anyone know the specs. or the auto loader that is used for this chip. This box has a 320hd and does work and locked. When it loads the bios lit comes on for 2 sec. and goes out. If you start with the eject button or hold it for 2 secs. same results. I get a solid green light, hard disk says 50000 available 50000 i see in the top row of the memory 4 xboxs title adamx, adamsav, pcsxsav, z26xsav,sgemsav all have 2 blocks used and you can copy, down the row is bios, dvd-x2,dvd2x,enlgmah switch, px loader,spliter,ftp etcthey also have a couple of cells used but delete is only avalable. Can anyone tell me what you think happened. If you can tell us where to get the info or what is needed to get this box up and running correctly and programs needed.

Thank you,

Also i know! If this was a quality chip i would not be having so much trouble finding the info as so many people are.

#2 Mjollnir

Mjollnir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:44 AM

Duo X3 is a clone, it has 2x256 kb and is preloaded with M8+ bios

works fine if u dont want to fiddle too much, bank 1 is for 1.0 to 1.5 and bank 2 is for 1.6.. its printed on the PCB.

#3 Zumodoki

Zumodoki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

So is this chip easy to install and use? Will I be able to run XBMC with it?

Also it seems to be the only chip I can find that I am still able to buy, Thanks

#4 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:52 AM

You should be able to run XBMC on it. Just plop it onto the LPC header (don't use the quick-solder pads, trust me) and wire up the leads. If you need help wiring the leads either look at the Duo X2 diagrams or the old Aladin diagrams, both should work

#5 bc54

bc54

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

you should avoid buying a clone at all costs.

you can get legit duox2 gs white (linux) version chips from litspliff in the bst forums. he has been here forever and he has probably the best prices on the net.

good luck.

Edited by bc54, 27 August 2009 - 04:07 AM.

#6 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

I totally agree, but if for some reason he already has one, he should just go ahead and install it wink.gif

#7 ethernet

ethernet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:02 AM

What is the best way to reinstall the programs. The chip lost its Flash and the Hard drive is locked. When you use the power button the bios chip lights for a second then goes out and the program names are there no files. The ms bios is working the system works it has a upgrade 320 gig hd.
What would be the best way to reinstall what programs or is there a DVD avalible to buy or download for this chip.

What is the best way to reinstall the programs. The chip lost its Flash and the Hard drive is locked. When you use the power button the bios chip lights for a second then goes out and the program names are there no files. The ms bios is working the system works it has a upgrade 320 gig hd.
What would be the best way to reinstall what programs or is there a DVD avalible to buy or download for this chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users