4 replies to this topic

#1 Kloud

Kloud

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

Here is a system a friend of mine brought to me. If I'm not mistaken, he bought it off a friend who was selling it about 6 months ago. I don't know how long this fix had lasted.

IPB Image

How does this fix compare to one such as this? I've performed this fix countless times on friends and familys systems. I use the Llamma.com method that involves 12mm cheese head screws and drilling of the chassis.

IPB Image

Edited by Kloud, 24 August 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#2 ashfungo

ashfungo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

there is no difference i think maybe just the mobo wont warp as much when you drill and it just uses smaller screws i think like 10mm instead of 12mm or whatever you used. dont take my word for it though just logical guess...

#3 Zeeshan

Zeeshan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Kloud @ Aug 24 2009, 07:36 AM) View Post

Here is a system a friend of mine brought to me. If I'm not mistaken, he bought it off a friend who was selling it about 6 months ago. I don't know how long this fix had lasted.

IPB Image

How does this fix compare to one such as this? I've performed this fix countless times on friends and familys systems. I use the Llamma.com method that involves 12mm cheese head screws and drilling of the chassis.

IPB Image

both of those fixes are valid and would last just as long as the other...just different methods.

i have been repairing with the first method, and xbox's have been lasting quite a while. i have come across a few people xbox's that they brought to me that already had this fix, but still got the RROD again...turns out they used a cheap thermal compound that dried out. just the arctic silver with that fix just like any other, and you're good to go.

#4 Kloud

Kloud

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Zeeshan @ Aug 24 2009, 02:12 PM) View Post

both of those fixes are valid and would last just as long as the other...just different methods.

i have been repairing with the first method, and xbox's have been lasting quite a while. i have come across a few people xbox's that they brought to me that already had this fix, but still got the RROD again...turns out they used a cheap thermal compound that dried out. just the arctic silver with that fix just like any other, and you're good to go.

Personally, I prefer the second fix because of the ease of access to the screws for adjustment purposes. I've had systems last from weeks, to months via "fine tuning" of the X-clamp replacement.

#5 Zeeshan

Zeeshan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Kloud @ Aug 25 2009, 08:29 AM) View Post

Personally, I prefer the second fix because of the ease of access to the screws for adjustment purposes. I've had systems last from weeks, to months via "fine tuning" of the X-clamp replacement.

Yes, it is personal preference. With a fix, you never know how long it will last. could be 30 days, could be 300 days. depends on conditions of use.

I personally do the first one, havent had any problems really yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users