1 reply to this topic

#1 shaf777

shaf777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hi There!!

I'm new to the Original Xbox. I have a modded 360 that i use for gaming and just got an original xbox from a friend since it was collecting dust at his place smile.gif

I want to be able to use it mainly for streaming media (and possibly playing games).

I hooked it up an powered it up. It come up on the Evolution X dashboard and i have been able to FTP into it.

The version shows as V+3935 and at the bottom left there is RD Name Xbox _V1.0

I assume that this was already modded before I got it.

My questions are:

1. What should I do to use it as a media server (and still be able to game with it).
2. How do I check the size of the drive installed?
3. Should I install XBMC on the console? Or is there a better software? How do I do it?
4. How would I control the original Xbox? Would I have to use the wired controllers or can I use another remote?
5. Would I then copy all my media to the local drive and stream from there? Or can I connect a USB drive?

Thanks!

#2 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(shaf777 @ Aug 26 2009, 06:18 PM) View Post

Hi There!!

I'm new to the Original Xbox. I have a modded 360 that i use for gaming and just got an original xbox from a friend since it was collecting dust at his place smile.gif

I want to be able to use it mainly for streaming media (and possibly playing games).

I hooked it up an powered it up. It come up on the Evolution X dashboard and i have been able to FTP into it.

The version shows as V+3935 and at the bottom left there is RD Name Xbox _V1.0

I assume that this was already modded before I got it.

My questions are:

1. What should I do to use it as a media server (and still be able to game with it).
2. How do I check the size of the drive installed?
3. Should I install XBMC on the console? Or is there a better software? How do I do it?
4. How would I control the original Xbox? Would I have to use the wired controllers or can I use another remote?
5. Would I then copy all my media to the local drive and stream from there? Or can I connect a USB drive?

Thanks!

if you wish to use your xbox as a media centre and still play games theres only one way xbox media centre.
this will let you stream music,videos from your computer and a lot more besides and also play your xbox games and emulators for which there are many from nes,snes,genesis,ps1,n64,mame...
to answer your questions.
1.xbmc the best.
2.do you have any other dashboards on your xbox apart from evox(evolutionx)??
look in your apps folder and if you see names like unleashx,avalaunchx,....if you do then you can check the size of your xbox hdd by going to one of these dashes and going into the file explorer.
3.YES,YES,YES xbmc is the best.before you think about installling xbmc you should maybe find out if your xbox is softmodded or chipped.
4.wired controllers.
5.not sure the best advice i can give you is to post in the newbie forum as a lot more people will see your thread and can give you beter advice than i can.
but definately go for xbmc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users