• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yondergod22

yondergod22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:37 AM

I just installed xdsl and made a usb adapter, but my mouse isn't being recognized. To make sure the wires are all connected properly I...well its hard to explain...well first of all I used a controller extension cable. I took the male end of it and spliced a female usb thing onto it, then I took the female end of the extension cable and put a male usb thing on it. And plugged them all into each other and into the pc and mouse on the other side and it works. LOL that doesn't really make sense

ok here I try again. "<--" means plugged into "---" means spliced to

PC <-- Male end of usb---female end of xbox extension <--male end of xbox extension---femal end of usb <-- mouse.

I hope you know what I'm trying to say, but the point is I'm sure that the wires are connected and working. and the mouse is working in my pc.

sooo. Any way to fix this?

Thanks for reading my long nonsense post. laugh.gif

OH! and I should also add that the light on my mouse DOES turn on when I plug it in.

#2 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:31 AM

Did you try a different port on the xbox? Did you try switching the cables on the mouse and keyboard. Does the keyboard work with the mouse cable? Does the mouse work with the keyboard cable?

#3 yondergod22

yondergod22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(run088 @ Sep 1 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

Did you try a different port on the xbox? Did you try switching the cables on the mouse and keyboard. Does the keyboard work with the mouse cable? Does the mouse work with the keyboard cable?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I tried all 4 ports.
I only have 1 cable
And I don't have a usb keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users