• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zazzz

zazzz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:26 AM

i have an xbox with a duox2gs white installed, v1.6. everything has always been fine with this one. recently took a v1.4 box to mod for a friend, got a duox2gs blue from a different vendor than before, installed and got nothing, 3 reboots+frag. i have checked my white duo in the new xbox and it works fine, set everything up on the HDD and it works. but whenever i put the blue one in either box it does the xmas lights thing. i dont get it, ive double checked everything, the only 2 options are either bad solder joints on the chip header, or a bad chip. ive tried hotswapping to flash the new chip and get an error (the error is the same even if theres no chip in). im not a newb at this, and i dont think its my soldering. any suggestions?

both banks are the same, when i first turn on the box after the chip has been out for a while i get a red led on the chip, but then it goes off right after the first reboot. the only suspect solder point i could find is a single pin that looks like the pad is lifted, but its still soldered properly, so maybe the trace got broken. other than that it makes me think its the chip itself. any help is appreciated

edit: just wanted to add that the d0 point is hard grounded, however i have removed the ground to check if it still boots into MS dash and its fine, theres no possible mobo problems because my white chip works on the new box.

Edited by zazzz, 05 September 2009 - 02:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users