Photo

Component Output For Pal Xbox-help Please!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stone2

stone2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

Hi,
I live in New Zealand and I have a hard modded Pal Xbox. I have a 4:3 T.V (it is not Hi-Def) and it has component in sockets (Y,Pb, Pr).
I bought a Xbox Advanced HD AV Pack (http://store.richsps...hideavpafo.html) thinking that after using the Enigmah video switch all would be fine and dandy but when in the M$ dashboard I still don't have any options under video for different resolutions just the usual Normal, Letterbox, and Widescreen. And when I plug in the HD Pack Component cable I get absolutely no picture whatso ever. But my dvd player outputs to the same TV via component just fine.
Now is this because I need a TV that supports progressive input or what?
I would be very grateful if someone can explain the ins and outs as there is a lot of conflicting and confusing info out there on this matter.
Thanks
p.s. I have not tried hooking it up to a true Hi-Def TV yet.

#2 stone2

stone2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:27 AM

[quote name='stone2' date='Sep 9 2009, 02:39 AM' post='4530655']
Hi,
I live in New Zealand and I have a hard modded Pal Xbox. I have a 4:3 T.V (it is not Hi-Def) and it has component in sockets (Y,Pb, Pr).
I bought a Xbox Advanced HD AV Pack (http://store.richsps...hideavpafo.html) thinking that after using the Enigmah video switch all would be fine and dandy but when in the M$ dashboard I still don't have any options under video for different resolutions just the usual Normal, Letterbox, and Widescreen. And when I plug in the HD Pack Component cable I get absolutely no picture whatso ever. But my dvd player outputs to the same TV via component just fine.
Now is this because I need a TV that supports progressive input or what?
I would be very grateful if someone can explain the ins and outs as there is a lot of conflicting and confusing info out there on this matter.
Thanks
p.s. I have not tried hooking it up to a true Hi-Def TV yet.

Q. Do I have to have the component cables connected to a HDTV to get the options to appear in M$ dashboard settings?

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

The HD options in the MS Dash only appear when you have the component cable connected to the Xbox. In your case, as you can't see a picture when you have the component cable connected, that means you'll never see those options. Try a different TV with component inputs, or if you can't get access to a different TV you should be able to get a black and white picture if you connect the green Y component lead from your Xbox to a standard yellow composite input on your TV.

Edited by Heimdall, 09 September 2009 - 09:35 AM.

#4 stone2

stone2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:52 AM

Yeah I tried the Y cable to the video in on the tv but picture was too scrambled to see anything. Thanks for your reply tho.
Cheers

#5 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

The socket on the back of the xbox has 2 pin's that are used to detect the type of AV pack connected to the xbox. These 2 lines make 4 possible different AV packs possible. The M$dash will only show the higher resolution options if the xbox is ntsc and if there is a component AV pack connected.

regards.

#6 stone2

stone2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:01 AM

Thanks, I'll have to wait until I can connect a HDTV to it and see if those options become available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users