9 replies to this topic

#1 repairman52

repairman52

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

I will give you the links to different site pages to see how to reball and what you need for tools
1st go to this link>http://store.sra-sol...duct.php/6267/0 Tool needed to remove and replace GPU & CPU:
2nd>http://www.howardele...c/shields.html > go down page and look at the shelds.
3RD>http://www.howardele...videoclips.html> now go to down the page and watch vid about how to remove BGA's
The clip is Xytronic Video Clips Ok now you know how to take off a BGA.
Ok so lets see how to reball and replace BGA with out big money Machine.
1st go to this site>http://www.solder.net/ezreball.asp
2nd watch this Vid here>http://solder.net/technical/ezreball_demo.asp
3rd how to put on BGA the easy way>http://solder.net/stencilquik/default.asp
4th watch vid on how to do it here>http://solder.net/technical/SQdemo.asp
5th read this>http://www.emulation...tion_Manual.pdf it will show you about ramp temp & profile.
you will need a IR Temp gun.
You will need a hot plate like this>http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/tutorial_info.php?tutorials_id=59&page=: go down the page and read about the hot plate.
Ok lets review:
Take off BGA with HOT AIR AND PIC LIFT:
REMOVE ALL SOLDER FROM BGA>
REMOVE ALL SOLDER FROM PCB
USING "BEST REBALL KIT REBALL BGA>
REFLOW BGA USING HOT PLATE>
REPLACING BGA ON PCB:
FRIST PLACE "BEST StencilQuik on PCB>
REFLOW BGA USING HOT AIR>
PLACE SHIELD AROUND BGA>
USING IR TEMP GUN AND HOT AIR REFLOW BGA ON THE BOARD MAKING SURE YOU DO NOT OVERHEAT OR UNDER HEAT > YOU MAKE SURE BY TESTING WITH A SCRAP MACHINE FIRST>
YOU NEED TO TIME HOW LONG YOU PLACE HOT AIR ON BGA TO GET THE RIGHT RAMP PROFILE>
LET COOL AND YOU ARE DONE!!!!
This is the easest way I know how with out the big money machines>

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Or better yet. Save $199 and get a new Jasper 360.

All that may give a good chance for a longer fix but in the end the console will still need replaced.

#3 repairman52

repairman52

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:54 AM) View Post

All that may give a good chance for a longer fix but in the end the console will still need replaced.

why do you even bother to reply> if you don't have a legitimate answer why waste the forum space. I took the time to put this all together and it is very disrespectful by you to even leave a comment like that! What people would like to know is how do you repair a broken XBOX360, Not just how to go to you and buy a new one. So why don't you just stay on EBAY and sell.

Edited by repairman52, 09 September 2009 - 05:08 PM.

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(repairman52 @ Sep 9 2009, 12:01 PM) View Post

why do you even bother to reply> if you don't have a legitimate answer why waste the forum space. I took the time to put this all together and it is very disrespectful by you to even leave a comment like that! What people would like to know is how do you repair a broken XBOX360, Not just how to go to you and buy a new one. So why don't you just stay on EBAY and sell.

First off I did not mean to disrespect you. What you wrote is probably one of the best ways to fix the console to last longer than most other fixes.

And I don't care one bit if anyone buys any console from me. And I sure don't sell them for the $199 I quoted. I expect people to go buy their own console.

BUT what I am saying is that over the years I have seen people spend money on parts/components, and tools to fix their rrod consoles over and over again. I have seen peoples faces in frustration in having to end up spending money on a new console after having already spent countless money and time fixing their old one.

So all in all I respect your time you spent typing these instructions out. I hope it helps some people.

But I will stand by my comment that in the end a new console will likely always be the final fix for these situation.

I have been on here for many years helping people with just about any problem they may have so by you claiming false intentions on my part is every bit as offensive as you claim I was to you.

Again my apologies but next time don't assume something just because it makes you feel better to do so.

On a side note you should also post this in the HARDWARE forum so more people having this issue will be able to read it.

Edited by Ranger72, 09 September 2009 - 07:47 PM.

#5 repairman52

repairman52

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Sep 9 2009, 02:40 PM) View Post

First off I did not mean to disrespect you. What you wrote is probably one of the best ways to fix the console to last longer than most other fixes.

And I don't care one bit if anyone buys any console from me. And I sure don't sell them for the $199 I quoted. I expect people to go buy their own console.

BUT what I am saying is that over the years I have seen people spend money on parts/components, and tools to fix their rrod consoles over and over again. I have seen peoples faces in frustration in having to end up spending money on a new console after having already spent countless money and time fixing their old one.

So all in all I respect your time you spent typing these instructions out. I hope it helps some people.

But I will stand by my comment that in the end a new console will likely always be the final fix for these situation.

I have been on here for many years helping people with just about any problem they may have so by you claiming false intentions on my part is every bit as offensive as you claim I was to you.

Again my apologies but next time don't assume something just because it makes you feel better to do so.

On a side note you should also post this in the HARDWARE forum so more people having this issue will be able to read it.

Ok fine THE END

#6 bengu

bengu

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

is it better to repair it your self or send it to microsoft and have them fix it. Microsoft fixes it for free has any one doen this and if so is it a perminate fix or do they just put it back how it was?

#7 zetecblack

zetecblack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

Or you could save all that effort and do the heatgun fix. Works 100% of the time i must have fixed over 20 xboxs using the heatgun method.

Just strip xbox down to mobo. Run heat over CPU, GPU and HANA chip for 1 minute. Let cool for copule of hours. Repaste and rebuild. Job done.

#8 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(bengu @ Sep 12 2009, 01:10 AM) View Post

is it better to repair it your self or send it to microsoft and have them fix it. Microsoft fixes it for free has any one doen this and if so is it a perminate fix or do they just put it back how it was?

If your console is still under warranty this is the preferred way to do it.

#9 skabbfan

skabbfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Sep 9 2009, 03:54 PM) View Post

If you have an old Xenon u can run Linux and homebrew on it. Not on a new Jasper. I'd say this guide is useful for a lot of people.

QUOTE(zetecblack @ Sep 12 2009, 08:27 AM) View Post

Or you could save all that effort and do the heatgun fix. Works 100% of the time i must have fixed over 20 xboxs using the heatgun method.

Just strip xbox down to mobo. Run heat over CPU, GPU and HANA chip for 1 minute. Let cool for copule of hours. Repaste and rebuild. Job done.

100% of the time? rolleyes.gif

#10 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

i always use the HYBRIDs Ultimate Xclamp Fix not had one rrod again since infact i just got 5 spare xenons done this repair then did the blue led ring of light mod and jtag install for free60 exploit
hybird ultimate xclamp video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users