• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#16 mikits

mikits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

My question is that are those resistors ok? http://oomipood.ee/?..._ki&i=1/2W 100K

#17 mastah

mastah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(mikits @ Nov 26 2009, 04:05 PM) View Post

My question is that are those resistors ok? http://oomipood.ee/?..._ki&i=1/2W 100K

Nope, but this is http://oomipood.ee/?..._ki&i=1/4W 100R

100K is 100000 ohm ( you need 100ohm only)

mastah

look at this http://www.ue-soft.d...on/ccode001.pdf

Edited by mastah, 26 November 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#18 mikits

mikits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

[quote name='mastah' date='Nov 26 2009, 05:47 PM' post='4576865']
Nope, but this is http://oomipood.ee/?..._ki&i=1/4W 100R

100K is 100000 ohm ( you need 100ohm only)

mastah

Thx

#19 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(akirhol @ Nov 25 2009, 04:42 AM) View Post

Loooove this tutorial... I did this on Sunday and it worked out perfectly. I didn't leave the coupler in the case though, just tucked the network cable in under the DVD drive.

Thanks for posting this!

I did have a question though, other tuts reference using a switching diode on one of the solder points... I did it without and it worked fine on my Xenon board... is this a requirement for later boards? Is there a specific purpose for it?
Thanks, glad you found it useful biggrin.gif . As for the switching diode, I believe it is only needed if you're having problems getting your PC to see the 360's nand. Mine worked fine without so there was no need to fit one.

QUOTE(Poopchute @ Nov 26 2009, 07:43 AM) View Post

I don't understand why people are sayin that's for the JTAG thing don't worry... Isn't that what we're doin this for?
This tut is just to show you how to make a cable for dumping/flashing the nand on all versions of 360. The 360 I used to make the tut just happened to have the JTAG wires in place. They don't have anything to do with the newly found HDD uncripple workaround. I made this tut some time before Microsoft started banning and messing with the install to hard drive feature.

QUOTE(YaPaY @ Nov 26 2009, 12:57 PM) View Post

Confused sleeping.gif

Should I make Jtag thing, too for hdd uncripple or not. I'm newbie and really confused. And second question which ethernet color to where. (orange-white, orange, green-white etc.)

I opened case and I'm waiting for a reply. If JTAG thing neceassary I will give up.
The JTAG hack is unrelated to the hdd uncripple process, just completely ignore any reference to it. All you need to do is wire up a cable to dump/flash your nand.

And it doesn't matter which colours you choose from the Ethernet cable just as long as the correct pins on the DB25 are connected to the corresponding points on the motherboard. Just follow the diagram and you can't really go wrong.....
IPB Image

#20 z3r0 i7

z3r0 i7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

hi since i don't want to make another topic just for one question tongue.gif anyone know whats the difference between the diagram on the first page and this one which one is better?

#21 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(z3r0 i7 @ Nov 27 2009, 09:00 AM) View Post

hi since i don't want to make another topic just for one question tongue.gif anyone know whats the difference between the diagram on the first page and this one which one is better?
The one you linked to shows the points you need to solder if doing the JTAG hack.

#22 Juli1000

Juli1000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

In your solution you leaf the diode (1n4148) away. Donīt you need it because you are using a RJ45 Ethernet Network LAN Cable Extension Adapter? blink.gif

#23 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Juli1000 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:50 AM) View Post

In your solution you leaf the diode (1n4148) away. Donīt you need it because you are using a RJ45 Ethernet Network LAN Cable Extension Adapter? blink.gif
No, mine works fine without it. As far as I remember adding a diode was an afterthought solution suggested when some people reported compatibility issues getting their PCs to see the 360s nand. It's fine to leave it out, you can always add the diode later if you find you have issues dumping/reading the nand.

#24 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Forgot to thank you for this one! Been using it on me old Xenon for neatness since you popped it up!

Big up the Weegie smile.gif

#25 TorchMach1

TorchMach1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

If you want to flash back to original, is it safe to leave everything soldered up and use your xbox on live?

#26 pwnsweet

pwnsweet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:19 AM

If I make a NAND backup and then upgrade my firmware/dashboard, can I restore my NAND and thus downgrade my firmware to what it was when I made the backup?

#27 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

I've updated the first post and tutorial with some better pics and extra info smile.gif . Should hopefully make it a little less confusing and give a better idea of what the end goal is.

QUOTE(thwack @ Nov 27 2009, 09:56 PM) View Post

Forgot to thank you for this one! Been using it on me old Xenon for neatness since you popped it up!

Big up the Weegie smile.gif
Thanks, Glad it helped

QUOTE(TorchMach1 @ Nov 27 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

If you want to flash back to original, is it safe to leave everything soldered up and use your xbox on live?
Yes it's perfectly safe to leave everything soldered in place after you're done.

QUOTE(pwnsweet @ Nov 28 2009, 02:19 AM) View Post

If I make a NAND backup and then upgrade my firmware/dashboard, can I restore my NAND and thus downgrade my firmware to what it was when I made the backup?
No, sadly you cannot downgrade your dashboard. When your 360 receives an update eFuses get blown which prevent previous dash versions from running.

#28 Chemodile

Chemodile

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Nov 28 2009, 08:58 AM) View Post

I've updated the first post and tutorial with some better pics and extra info smile.gif . Should hopefully make it a little less confusing and give a better idea of what the end goal is.

Thanks for the new pics, the coupler under the hard drive is pretty slick. The ginormous glob of hot glue, not so much.

#29 mikits

mikits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Well today I tried. Solderin DB25 plug was easy, but soldering wires to X360 is impossible sad.gif. Is there anything I should know about solderin?

#30 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(Chemodile @ Nov 29 2009, 07:14 AM) View Post

Thanks for the new pics, the coupler under the hard drive is pretty slick. The ginormous glob of hot glue, not so much.
You can never have too much hot glue tongue.gif .

QUOTE(mikits @ Nov 29 2009, 02:21 PM) View Post

Well today I tried. Solderin DB25 plug was easy, but soldering wires to X360 is impossible sad.gif. Is there anything I should know about solderin?
Soldering is 10x easier if you use solder flux. Cover the points on the motherboard with a good amount of flux using a cotton bud and it should make things a lot easier. Also make sure your soldering iron is hot enough and that the tip has been tinned. Tinning the ends of the wires you're going to solder is also a big help. You can find some good videos on youtube if you need more soldering advice wink.gif .

Edited by sabbath_dude, 29 November 2009 - 03:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users