ddsdavey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Does the rj45 need to be single core? I just opened one but its a patch,only 4 wires but it was threaded and ive tried using a cheap factory made LPT before that was threaded without any luck.
Im sure i could rewire the patch one (could i?) but the whole idea of this is a good solid job and that certainly wont be.

#287 ddsdavey

ddsdavey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:34 PM

And if so can anyone give a specific model no. or Ebay/web site ref no. I dont want to set all this up with threaded and find it dont work,also is there a specifc name for a standard DB25,i know that sounds kinda retorical but all the ones i find are patch thus 4 wires not 8 thus not standard but all i seem to see???
Ive already screwed up a brand new Microsoft 360 ethernet to find its a patch,shoulda known really i suppose.
Anyway sure would appreciate it,i wasnt gonna do this but now ive got a USB R/W im less inclined to keep wiring directly from that to boards at the rate im doing them currently as it wont last a month!
Cheers as always!

#288 ddsdavey

ddsdavey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE(ddsdavey @ Feb 23 2010, 05:29 PM) View Post

Does the rj45....

Sorry,DB25!

#289 g.m.skel

g.m.skel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Feb 23 2010, 05:46 AM) View Post

No - this is just a programmer for the header board. You would use this to program the LPC-H2148 then solder wires from the LPC-H2148 to the 360 motherboard. And no, you wouldn't need diodes or resistors.

I'm guessing it doesn't matter which side I solder to?

Can I just use the same method of using the resistor legs and plug in the wires into this end rather than soldering them to the LPC board?

IPB Image

#290 sirleo

sirleo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Dec 9 2009, 07:46 PM) View Post

I used RapidOnline for my stripboard and 2x13 way IDC sockets (for Olimex USB LPT-2148 header).

And again with it attached (ignore the trailing wire, it's so I can dump/write to other 360s!)
IPB Image

Hello, very nice job! I would like to buy this Olimex module, and could you tell me how it should be connected to x360 pcb?

wbr, sirleo

#291 censor

censor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Good stuff! I'll give it a shot tonight, just got my hands on a pre-2009-06 Arcade that's waiting to see some action. Thanks for the great idea.

#292 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(g.m.skel @ Mar 8 2010, 01:43 PM) View Post

I'm guessing it doesn't matter which side I solder to?

Can I just use the same method of using the resistor legs and plug in the wires into this end rather than soldering them to the LPC board?

IPB Image

You don't use resistors or diodes at all with the USB setup. You need to solder the wires to the other side of the header board. Look at the picture in the following post.

QUOTE(sirleo @ Mar 14 2010, 05:08 PM) View Post

Hello, very nice job! I would like to buy this Olimex module, and could you tell me how it should be connected to x360 pcb?

wbr, sirleo

This is a diagram I made. You can either connect it to the motherboard directly or to an RJ45 coupler. However you prefer. I used standard ethernet patch cable to wire it up and crimped an RJ45 end on it. When I need to use it I stick it into the RJ45 coupler I have soldered to my motherboard.

IPB Image

Edited by cRaCKwHoRe, 16 March 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#293 censor

censor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:05 AM

Truly awesome, i was able to dump the NAND on the first try, now i'm hoping that the JTAG solderpoints are as good as the LPT ones ;-)

I'll snap a photo later, still need to find a way to fix the RJ45 jack somewhere - i used just a jack instead of an adapter - resistors soldered to the back of the jack instead of inside the LPT connector.

Thanks sabbath_dude.

#294 g.m.skel

g.m.skel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(cRaCKwHoRe @ Mar 16 2010, 08:49 AM) View Post

You don't use resistors or diodes at all with the USB setup. You need to solder the wires to the other side of the header board. Look at the picture in the following post.
This is a diagram I made. You can either connect it to the motherboard directly or to an RJ45 coupler. However you prefer. I used standard ethernet patch cable to wire it up and crimped an RJ45 end on it. When I need to use it I stick it into the RJ45 coupler I have soldered to my motherboard.

IPB Image

Awesome, thanks.
This diagram is exactly what I needed.

#295 censor

censor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Here we go, that's how i got it done...

IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks again for the great idea!

#296 Adam19

Adam19

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Is there an alternative point number 18?

Thanks

#297 Jonthe838

Jonthe838

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

Why do you need to read and dumb the Nand? Sry for being noob.
Edit: and where should you connect the cable in the comp? :S

Edited by Jonthe838, 06 May 2010 - 07:41 PM.

#298 DARKSUPREMACY

DARKSUPREMACY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'm having an impossible time soldering the wires onto the 360 board. I know you were talking about this solder flux and I found a couple things on radio shack. Would these work out better? One's a specific type of solder and ones the flux, (I think...)

http://www.radioshac...clickid=prod_cs

http://www.radioshac...clickid=prod_cs

Thanks! smile.gif

#299 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

@DARKSUPREMACY use the second one that is 7 dollars and when you go to solder use a q-tip to coat the spots you need to solder then put a little solder on the tip of the iron and go over the points you covered with flux and heat the so it melts and the flux makes the solder flow to the points. Then when you want to prep the wires you strip the wires and dip the end of the wire in the flux a little and get a little solder on the end of the wires and it helps to have some solder on the end of the wire before trying to solder it to the board. That is how you prep a board and wires for soldering. Also you want to get this type of solder, and that flux may be 7 bucks but it lasts years.

#300 pinkdeath

pinkdeath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

anyone know a good place (preferably cheap) to buy the DB25?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users