306 replies to this topic

#301 hankarlo

hankarlo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(pinkdeath @ Aug 5 2010, 09:16 AM) View Post

anyone know a good place (preferably cheap) to buy the DB25?

Maplins if ur in the uk or ireland.

Thanx a million for the tutorial SD. I made my cable & it worked. I Just cudnt get any of the dumps to match. So I did a bit of reading & found the following in another tutorial.

If for whatever reason you can't get two matching NAND dumps, then please do as follows:

If you're getting no errors in NandPro, but when you compare your dumps they never match, you need to ground the LPT cable.The un-shielded wire on the LPT cable (ie no plastic sleeve) is the ground, or if you've built your own cable from scratch, attach a wire from the metal chassis of the DB-25 connector. Attach this to the metal shielding of the 360 or one of the copper grnd points around the screw holes in the mobo and that should sort the problem.

I just used the spare wire in the cat5 cable to ground it. Then all my dumps matched!
Maybe u could add this to the tutorial to save anyone else the hassle of geting the dumps to match in the future!

Thanx again

hankarlo

Edited by hankarlo, 29 August 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#302 thugsters

thugsters

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Is one diagram better than the other? I'm just about to start with sabbath_dude's guide but I see there is a new method with new Xenon connections. To me this method doesn't seem as good as you can remove the jtag after you are done and just keep the two wires bridged but wondering why anyone would do that when updating after would mean you have to re-solder it back on. Is either method better than the other. I'm just about to start and I don't want to mess it up. I'm assuming sabbath_dude's guide is still good and not outdated and will work on all 360's correct?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

#303 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

I am about to do this this morning but i have a question regarding the resistors, the ones i'm using are blue 5 band (they are correct ohm) but not sure if there is a specific direction they should be installed ? All the tuts here show the black band closest to the 360 mobo so i'm guessing if i install mine with the thick black band closest to direction of the mobo it should be ok ?

#304 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:34 AM

Resistors are bidirectional. It doesn't matter.

#305 pgimps

pgimps

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:55 AM

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but can I do the same setup as you in terms of using the same cable for multiple xbox's but can I use this http://www.amazon.co...r...3092&sr=8-4 and attach it to the end and use the USB part or will NANDPro not recognize it?

#306 stevenn21

stevenn21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

[quote name='sabbath_dude' date='Sep 12 2009, 04:26 PM' post='4531806']
Next you need to solder the other half of your Cat5 cable to the DB25 plug. Be careful to match up with the correct wires you soldered to the 360's motherboard!. Depending on your PC you may or may not need to install some 100 ohm resistors on pins 1,2,14,16 and 17. Some people will get away without them but in my case the NAND would not dump correctly unless I had resistors in place. You may also need to fit a switching diode to pin 11 if you are not getting the correct FlashConfig (normal config being 0x1198010). I had no issues so there was no need for me to fit the diode.
which way do the resistors go in the db25 plug do they all go the same way is the black line near the plug or the wire?

#307 dsa

dsa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hello ppl, i have done this years ago on one of my xboxs, i been thinking about applying the RGH to it, anybody done the RGH on a xbox like this? was there any unsolder involved? Btw since i can read the nand this way, will i just need the glitch chip board and jtag cable?! Thanks smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users