Photo

And They Wonder Why People Pirate Dvd's.......

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ArMaGeDdOn

ArMaGeDdOn

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:34 PM

So I go into a Rogers Video store and buy a copy of 'The Matrix.' This is brand new, not a previously viewed one. I come home, open it up, pop it into my PC dvdplayer. Good, now let's install the software. Oh, interesting. The software says it doesn't detect a tcp/ip connection to the internet for updates. Oh wait, it says that doesn't matter, it will still work. That's good. So I finish setting it up, and try to launch the program. 'this program has violated yaddayaddayadda *crash*'. Hmm...how very odd. I guess I'll try one of the other 4 dvd player programs I have. Oh, look, none of them open up. They just freeze. Oh well, let's try good old windows media player 9. Ah, this is strange, 'A problem occurred with digital copyright protection.' What could that be? I'm just trying to play a DVD movie i just bought. WTF is there a copyright protection problem??? Could it be because I'm using my DVD burner to read it? Who knows, let's call up technical support. Oh, this is great, 'i'm sorry sir, this line is only for ordering dvd's. go to where you bought the dvd from for help.' Hmm...I doubt rogers video will know anything about copyright protection schemes that they made. So, after a little more talking, he gave me a number which he said is 'for people who buy from other stores and need help.' So I was like, ok, this is good. We're getting somewhere. So I call up the number, there's a lady that comes on telling me about 5 websites and phone numbers that sell their dvd's, ok, pre-call advertisement, not a problem. So I wait for someone to pickup, and I here 'thank you for calling shit.....' and it hangs up on me...

now i'm very very pissed off. what kind of shit are these assholes trying to pull? because of this, (dvd not working, and them providing no support) I will PIRATE DVD MOVIES for the rest of my life, because apparently the ones I buy won't work on my system, while dvd rips/copies work perfectly.

Thank you media some shit association, for allowing me to pirate your videos. you bunch of jackasses.

anyone else have this happen to them before?

#2 farmerfred

farmerfred

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Location:Deep in the HERSEY SPEEDWAY of a large fat man with hemmoroids.
  • Interests:PM ME NOW.. for single one on one GAY CONVERSATIONS!

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:44 PM

I hate you but you do have a good point and how is it that you can afford a dvd burner but not an actuall dvd player

#3 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (farmerfred @ Jun 25 2003, 04:44 PM)
I hate you

lmfao... ^^^ doesn't beat around the bush lol.

#4 EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (farmerfred @ Jun 25 2003, 09:44 PM)
I hate you but you do have a good point and how is it that you can afford a dvd burner but not an actuall dvd player

It's not about wanting a DVD player, but about conveniance. I'd rather have everything I need on one thing, my computer. Heck, I will soon have my satelite on my Computer too.

#5 Carbon

Carbon

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Location:in OZ.. bent over.. taking it up the poop hole with a spoon
  • Interests:CARBON was BORN a FAQ.. and will die a FAG

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:49 PM

I have an extra copy of the Matrix if you want it....

Haven't had any problems. Works just fine on my computer.

#6 ArMaGeDdOn

ArMaGeDdOn

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:50 PM

well, i have a dvd burner, and a cd burner. separate drive.s i'm thinking of getting a 3rd drive. a 2-in-one dvd/cd burner.

#7 ArMaGeDdOn

ArMaGeDdOn

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:51 PM

so anyways, i got out dvd x copy xpress and am ripping the fuck outta that sucker. wink.gif

we'll see who wins in the end warner bros........

#8 ArMaGeDdOn

ArMaGeDdOn

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (farmerfred @ Jun 25 2003, 09:44 PM)

also, both my xbox and ps2 play dvd's, and i have a stand-alone pioneer dvd player too, but watching it on my pc on a sweet flat screen 19" monitor is much better.

#9 Carbon

Carbon

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Location:in OZ.. bent over.. taking it up the poop hole with a spoon
  • Interests:CARBON was BORN a FAQ.. and will die a FAG

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:31 PM

i disagree, because the screen on the tv is much larger, plus you can lie down and sit on a couch.

#10 ArMaGeDdOn

ArMaGeDdOn

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:36 PM

i have a lazyboy in front of my monitor.....beat that.

btw, unless you have a plasma tv, the quality of the tv sucks shit compared to PC.

#11 Raised

Raised

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:42 PM

I just started *buying* music again. I convert every disc I buy in WMA to put them on my mp3 player (I have a small discman too.. but the mp3 player is just too convenient). Everything was fine.. Until I tried to copy the new Radiohead album. The computer doesn't even see the .CDA tracks! You need to instal some POS player of some kind. DAMN CUNTS! By trying so hard to screw the customers, they are screwing themselves. I know that from now on I'll watch out for that label and its shitty protection scheme... And simply avoid them both.

#12 Majinbuu

Majinbuu

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:00 AM

It's too bad the general public will remain clueless untill it is too late sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users