X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

Hey.

Back when I was a n00b at anything xbox was when i got my mod chip put in. (console is in my sig if you need to know) I had it done privately through someone in the local paper and even though ive upgraded it and modded it more and more, i havnt brought myself to solder anything inside of it yet, cuz i really dont need to, but i might have to now. When i just press the ON button on the front of my xbox it will flash orange and red (and eventually stay orange, but will flash red whenever disc tray is opening or closing too) Providing that my hdd is locked to my console this will boot the MS Dash. IF i press and hold the ON button for a second to turn it on, it boots the modchip and then xbmc (the light is green and acts the same as a normal unmodded xbox). This system of pressing the button in different ways is fine, but if i go to xbmc or any other app or tool to change LED colour.
The outputs will be as following, if i try and change it to:
Green = it will still be green
Orange = stays green
Red = turns off
Cycle = flashes on and off (obvious given the previous data)
Off = turns off

So im thinking that when my xbox was originally modded the guy wired the LED a certain way?
What can i do to be in control and make all of the above settings of colours the way they are sposed to be.

Thanks.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

As you probably know, orange is simply red and green turned on at the same time.

It looks like the normal function of the red led was bypassed, and the led was connected to the modchip or at least to another point on the mobo.

http://diy.sickmods....Supply_Pinouts/

Previous website has the connections that come from the P/E board. You can check the wire that drives the red led with that information.

regards.

#3 Whisp V1

Whisp V1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

Thanks for the info, i sort of understand that site but i will open the box up tonight and will go from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users