Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 June 2003 - 10:10 PM

PS2Newz - very helpful and technically-oriented site
PS2Ownz - somewhat less technically-oriented, but more accepting of the legal gray-area.
(NOTE: The above two are rival sites, so do not be surprised if you see one bashing the other.)

Feel free to post other PS2 sites comparable to Xbox-Scene.

Edited by Xeero, 25 June 2003 - 10:12 PM.

#2 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:39 AM

For technical information ps2dev.org is a good site.
Has news and much information for ps2 homebrew.

#3 hump

hump

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:15 AM

ive checked them bolth out and each have about the same number of members, and they bolth have the same amount of people on line 60 or so.

so whats the diff i couldnt find tutorials on bolth of their sites. wheres the tutorials ?

i dont think there is an equal to this site, it has lots of people on line all the time and there is charts , graphs and side by side comparisons of products. and tutorials on everything.

i recently bought a ps2 so ill be out there too..

Edited by hump, 27 June 2003 - 05:16 AM.

#4 maximusg

maximusg

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • Interests:shit load
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 June 2003 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (hump @ Jun 27 2003, 04:15 PM)
ive checked them bolth out and each have about the same number of members, and they bolth have the same amount of people on line 60 or so.

so whats the diff i couldnt find tutorials on bolth of their sites. wheres the tutorials ?

i dont think there is an equal to this site, it has lots of people on line all the time and there is charts , graphs and side by side comparisons of products. and tutorials on everything.

i recently bought a ps2 so ill be out there too..

Tutorials for what? What can you do on a PS2 other then play back ups any way?

#5 da_shiznit

da_shiznit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 11:46 PM

You can play game backups, many emulators, play avi's, and your own music to your backups, multiple games on a cd.. just a few of em wink.gif laugh.gif

#6 RinGz

RinGz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, girls, music, games, movies, electronics, parties, beer

Posted 01 July 2003 - 07:32 PM

I'm just looking for a forum for ps2 for problems I have'
i.e. I took ps2 apart and put it back together and it boots but jsut the video freezes when it gets to the dash (think controller port ribbon is loose) while audio keeps playing, and help with installing modchip... tutorials would be nice too.

#7 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (RinGz @ Jul 1 2003, 04:32 PM)
I'm just looking for a forum for ps2 for problems I have'
i.e. I took ps2 apart and put it back together and it boots but jsut the video freezes when it gets to the dash (think controller port ribbon is loose) while audio keeps playing, and help with installing modchip... tutorials would be nice too.

PS2newz has this kind of information on it. Your particular problem sounds like a BIOS chip issue. I can try to address it more detail if you create a separate thread.

As far as tutorials go, modchip diagrams can be found at the manufacturer's websites. Connect the labeled points...that's it. As noted, troubleshooting tips can be found at the forums at one of the above sites.

#8 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:43 PM

Also consider PlusNewz, the new home of many former PS2Newz members, including charlie_ps2.

#9 MikeHolliday

MikeHolliday

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

like how to open your ps2? all the "guides" ive seen are just pics of the motherboard.

#10 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (MikeHolliday @ Jul 15 2003, 05:07 PM)
like how to open your ps2? all the "guides" ive seen are just pics of the motherboard.

I believe the Messiah2 guides (available from http://www.messiah2.com) document how to open your Xbox.

EDIT: Looks like this is only true for some of the guides.
For V5-V7/8/9, check charlie_ps2's thread here. V4 disassembly is almost identical to V5-V7/8/9.

Edited by Xeero, 21 July 2003 - 01:48 PM.

#11 SniperKilla

SniperKilla

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Xeero @ Jul 7 2003, 08:43 PM)
Also consider PlusNewz, the new home of many former PS2Newz members, including charlie_ps2.

hey! and me smile.gif

well im mod at plus and ps2newz, i have mended my differences with ps2newz for now....

NEVER go to ps2ownz, the guy that runs the site is as lame as they come

#12 kanchke

kanchke

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:51 AM

Jeez ..

don't wanna diss them or so .. but boy ... are we lucky to have a site like this one wink.gif

or is it just the xbox community who has a more adult attitude ?

#13 shadowjin

shadowjin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:All my fears are named Dave.

Posted 25 July 2003 - 12:10 PM

i was reading one of the two sites, i believe it was News and apparently, the guys that run ps2ownz were paying people to get rather personal info on the old admin on the news site.

of course, it may have been the other way around....i don't exactly recall....

they had the guy's parents' info such as their SSN, bank account numbers, etc....a whole shitload of info.

I never said anything on the site for it cause i was just browsing, but I'll say it here.

THAT IS FUCKING LAME

i mean, come on, we should all be on the mod scene together, not dissing each other and acting like children.

I have to agree that xbox-scene carries a much more mature level than either of the above sites exude. Some may say that ps2news was the victim, but it should have never gotten to the point that someone was hiring people to gather personal info on someone. ya know?

it's reasons like the above that xbox-scene has suceeded in growing so well and fast. No bullshit, no personal vendettas carried out via the site, etc etc. It's just plain enthusiasts making everything much more possible and easier for anyone and everyone just getting interested in the world that is xbox modchipdom. haha...i think i just made up a word.

-jin

Edited by shadowjin, 25 July 2003 - 12:12 PM.

#14 CyberPunk

CyberPunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 11:23 AM

ps2newz is the shit...

I learned how to make the Magic 3.0 chip on my own from their forums.
The people are pretty helpful too... not like other sites where people are just trying to make a fool of you.

#15 Mr. Elitemodz.com

Mr. Elitemodz.com

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 04:42 AM

delted..

Edited by Mr. Elitemodz.com, 04 August 2003 - 04:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users