vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:32 AM

are you kidding? xbox-scene owns all else..and is the best..period ph34r.gif unless you cloned your site for ps2..then this one still owns all other

Edited by vintage_guitar, 08 August 2003 - 12:33 AM.

#17 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (vintage_guitar @ Aug 7 2003, 06:32 PM)
are you kidding? xbox-scene owns all else..and is the best..period ph34r.gif unless you cloned your site for ps2..then this one still owns all other

Um except you didn't put too much thought in to that.

Xbox-scene isn't about ps2, therefore how can it be better FOR ps2?

Don't be too zealous. tongue.gif

#18 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:59 AM

I agree that it's rather silly to compare an Xbox website to a PS2 website. Having said that I also think that we are spoiled here at Xbox-Scene. None of the other sites I've seen on PS2 modding are anywhere near as comprehensive and informative as this site is. The information is out there it just seems more fragmented.

I don't think I'm ever going to actually find a PS2 verison of Xbox-Scene because no one seems to have presented the information as clearly and in such an organized manner as here on Xbox-Scene.

#19 ShadowKnyght

ShadowKnyght

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:05 PM

Apart from Ownz (commercial) and Newz (tech + B!tch'n about M2 & Ownz tongue.gif )...

http://www.psxforum....orums/index.php

http://www.fileforum....php?forumid=19

http://www.cyber-mag...hpBB2/index.php

oh and for simple useful general tips:
http://www.psxmodchips.net/ps2tips.htm

Edited by ShadowKnyght, 01 October 2004 - 02:33 AM.

#20 billenglish

billenglish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:08 PM

PS2newz is prob best

#21 bodycorp2006

bodycorp2006

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:23 PM

the reason that there is no ps2 site equivalent to xbox-scene is because there are alot of dedicated members here at xbox scene that have made many tutorials, the problem is that there aren't many ps2 modders posting tutorials, i think that xbox scene should start a ps2 modding tutorial section, it would help many people out there trying to mod their ps2s

#22 originalmind88

originalmind88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:40 PM

i agree, we need some experianced ps2 modders here. I just finisshed my Xbox and now i dont know what to do. Ive searched all around and so far all the ps2 sites Ive found suck.

XBOX-SCENE RULES!!!!

#23 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

We already have many experienced PS2 modders here. The problem is that there isn't very much of a PS2 scene (so to speak) to begin with. You don't have dashboards, you don't have the same level of hard drive support, emulation is scarce...generally any homebrew work has a scant following.

What tutorials can you write for on the PS2, other than installing a chip (diagrams are self-explanatory) and tweaking the laser (many tutorials out there already)? You could write a tutorial on getting a hard drive to work, but that development is still so much in its infancy that it would be pointless.

This is a much more active scene with development constantly progressing, so most of those with experience and know-how in both fields choose to focus that on the Xbox.

Edited by Xeero, 18 February 2004 - 04:19 PM.

#24 Skaaz

Skaaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:40 PM

I wanna focus also on some ps2 modding but i just need some basic ps2 info to start like: how the machine works and what common types of problems are out there when you start modding ps2's. I couldn't find a basic tutorial on the sites listed in this thread, the forums are a bit too unorganized i think.

Xbox Scene roxx because of the good forum, many tutorials and the large community smile.gif

#25 Chamrock

Chamrock

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:26 AM

Ps2newz.net now seems to be dead. A bit sad, but I donīt mind another PS2 tech site without that tarded Guichi and his lame bashings against other modchips.

#26 ShadowKnyght

ShadowKnyght

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

I would not pick on G - he did a huge amount for the scene - and never got thanked - only sledged when he acted in ways people did not understand...

You need to remember he had access to information the rest of us did not and as such he did things that seemed appropriate to him and just strange to the rest of us.

He just got sick of having to explain himself to chip fan boys and to put up with Sh!t from people who barely knew how to install a mod let alone what was going on in the scene (behind the scenes...)

#27 Large Dopant white

Large Dopant white

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (shadowjin @ Jul 25 2003, 02:10 PM)
No bullshit, no personal vendettas carried out via the site, etc etc.  It's just plain enthusiasts making everything much more possible and easier for anyone and everyone just getting interested in the world that is xbox modchipdom.

You seem to have forgotten how Xecuter used to have their little disses and rants as 'news' on the mainpage of X-S. Granted, it's not as bad now as then, but they still try (thankfully, it seems as if Xant simply doesn't post most of that sort of crap anymore).
And while I'll agree that the Xbox scene is more mature, that does not make it mature by a longshot... just simply closer to that ideal than the PS2 scene. The Gamecube scene, is, sad to admit, the most mature. Absolutely no vendettas, a very complete grasp on the legalities of a homebrew devkit (whilst XBox scene blindly trundles along with the pirated MS one, going as far as to reject contests to promote its development), and a very unified sort of scene. Granted, it's still fairly new, but alot can be said for solidarity, no matter how long the scenes been around (and they developed a legal devkit about a month after the discovery of the PSO bug... yes, I have a thing about the legalities... the lack of a legal devkit also promotes the wanton disregard for licenses on opensource projects ported to the XBox, but this last problem isn't nearly as common as it was just a year ago).
Feh, sorry for the rant. Haven't been on here for awhile. smile.gif
EDIT: I'd also like to add that the Xbox scene has advanced much faster and farther because of the use of the illegal devkit. Whereas most (if not all) other scenes focus on a legal devkit first and foremost (slowing down development on apps, games and emulators, as devkits have a tendancy to be quite primitive for a long while), the XBox scene ran with the commercially developed devkit and worked on the homebrew stuff right away. Since virtually no development time has been devoted to a homebrew devkit, said homebrew apps have had much more time and energy devoted to their advancement.

Edited by Large Dopant white, 11 May 2004 - 10:47 PM.

#28 Large Dopant white

Large Dopant white

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:42 PM

double post. my apoligies.

Edited by Large Dopant white, 11 May 2004 - 10:43 PM.

#29 spooky42

spooky42

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:50 AM

I saw a mention of the gamecube scene and have been looking for a good source for modding info (case/controller mods, as well as modchips) on it (along the lines of these ps2 and xbox ones).. any good sites worth mentioning for the gamecube?

#30 Chimp_On_Stilts

Chimp_On_Stilts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

I cannot log on to ps2newz. Is that my PC, or is it down?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users