#31 renegade1488

renegade1488

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

Well I think the ps2 scene aside from the issues with the people in it is also to do with the console itself. I, myself, had a ps2 for 3 years before I decided to open it up, simply because I didn't have much of a reason to. When I got my Xbox, it took me all of two days to open it up. This is because there is so much more you can (easily) do to an xbox.

All credit to X-Scene, as without the info, the community wouldn't be so big. In fact, if it wasn't for x-scene, I wouldn't even have an xbox now, as about 2 years ago I used to be such a ps2 fanboy it's really embarassing now that I look at it blink.gif Also what x-scene has is A LOT of info easily available, with the help of stickies and the marvel that is the search button laugh.gif

When my ps2 fan connector broke, I asked at ps2ownz (haven't really been to ps2newz for A LONG time), took two days to get the number of replies I'd get within about half an hour here and then none of their solutions really worked. So then I had to go and dig up an old V3 PS2 Neo wiring diagram and I had to take a guess at what all the numbers were. Fortunately, I guessed correctly the first time that point one was an alternate +5V point and I got back to pro evo laugh.gif

But the point is that at x-scene, the community is very active and helpful, and also the xbox is IMO easier to mod (it's awfully tight inside my ps2) thanks to M$ making it similair to a pc, so the ps2 fanboys' reason for the xbox's apparent 'lameness' is a reason for the community being better laugh.gif

So beerchug.gif on a job well done guys. Feel proud of this community smile.gif

#32 _SCaRfaCe

_SCaRfaCe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:22 AM

About ps2ownz.com:

Zima/Z/Administrator used to be a really good guy. When he first started up ps2ownz.com it wasan't NEARLY as commercial as it is now. Let's just say that everyone is greedy nowadays if they get the opportunity. I remember back in the day asking questions about whatever on my ps2 and he'd reply no matter how much flaming and bickering went on in a given thread. I can't beleive it's the same Z who now bans whoever for absolutely no reason other than a probable disagreement in a debate over something as small as a flip-top cover or swap magic dvd. It's pathetic at times to see the amount of crap and back-stabbing that goes on these days.

About charlie_ps2:

The smartest guy when it comes to ps2 modding bar-none. Oh yeah, what the hell happened to him? He also got banned from ps2ownz but i forget what for. Anyways, does anyone know where he is nowadays?

About ps2newz.net:

They are the most unbiased bunch of people you can meet. They hate all the money laundering going on at ps2ownz and that's that.

About Guichi:

Only wanted what was best for the scene. And many people took advantage of his niceness.

About Xbox-Scene:

Thank God.

#33 hipko

hipko

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 September 2004 - 01:54 AM

I noticed the topic was for gamecube and dreamcast, and I didnt see any info at all on either just the PS2. I guess this message itself is another "Thank god for XBOX-SCENE, Asian women, and vodka".

#34 Reznik Akime

Reznik Akime

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:32 AM

You never heard about what happened to ps2_charlie? He got busted by the euro government for his selling and work in modchips. Dont go askin around the Ps2news forums about em tho.. They dont like to discuss it, simply out of respect for em.

#35 rob_the_modder

rob_the_modder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo,<br />Games,<br />Art,<br />Moddin',<br />GameCube
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

dunno about any ps2 ones, but i jus did a gc one, not any members yet though so its pretty pointless goin on, i aint put any tutorials on yet either...

#36 JimJam1989

JimJam1989

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:21 PM

who is the guchi guy exactly and what special info did he have access to.

he ot me has become quite a mysterious character (probably because i was never involved in the ps2 scene) just if someone could shead a bit of light on this for it would be much aprreciated

#37 xenxes

xenxes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(renegade1488 @ Jun 4 2004, 09:54 PM)
Well I think the ps2 scene aside from the issues with the people in it is also to do with the console itself. I, myself, had a ps2 for 3 years before I decided to open it up, simply because I didn't have much of a reason to. When I got my Xbox, it took me all of two days to open it up. This is because there is so much more you can (easily) do to an xbox.

All credit to X-Scene, as without the info, the community wouldn't be so big. In fact, if it wasn't for x-scene, I wouldn't even have an xbox now, as about 2 years ago I used to be such a ps2 fanboy it's really embarassing now that I look at it blink.gif Also what x-scene has is A LOT of info easily available, with the help of stickies and the marvel that is the search button laugh.gif

When my ps2 fan connector broke, I asked at ps2ownz (haven't really been to ps2newz for A LONG time), took two days to get the number of replies I'd get within about half an hour here and then none of their solutions really worked. So then I had to go and dig up an old V3 PS2 Neo wiring diagram and I had to take a guess at what all the numbers were. Fortunately, I guessed correctly the first time that point one was an alternate +5V point and I got back to pro evo laugh.gif

But the point is that at x-scene, the community is very active and helpful, and also the xbox is IMO easier to mod (it's awfully tight inside my ps2) thanks to M$ making it similair to a pc, so the ps2 fanboys' reason for the xbox's apparent 'lameness' is a reason for the community being better laugh.gif

So  beerchug.gif on a job well done guys. Feel proud of this community smile.gif

View Post

<3 XS.

there is simply no PS2 equivalent of the xbox scene, development is horribly lacking, I'm assuming the hardware is simply harder to deal with, I simply can't get a PS2 to function like an xbox sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users