Photo

Things To Know Before Going On Line. (after Mod)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ethernet

ethernet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

After a mod soft, hard, even a upgrade drive, what is looked at when going live. (What needs to be where)
1- When the system is looked at what areas are scanned.
2- During transfer ftp i understand there is a fatx problem if done with xbmc
3- There a things in the cashe that MS leaves in there. Can this area be a problem.
4- Partitions that are look at which ones can we use and what is looked over.
5- In the MS evos dash your games are there in the memory area in blocks can anything be there or just MS programs only.

Please leave questions on this subject. I feel you cant have enough info on this subject. Most of these questions are all over this forum but not in one spot.

This would be a qreat info question that should be done by the moderators considering people could leave there mistakes in one area so no one makes them again. I sure we cant know them all. If this was in the front everyone could benefit.

Thank you
ethernet

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

To my knowing:

Microsoft doesn't check the contents of your harddisk.

Microsoft checks the bios in use on your xbox. If the bios isn't an original microsoft one, the xbox will be banned.
So, if you try to access live with a mod enabled, the xbox is banned. For that reason, some softmods disable live when they are active.

Microsoft pairs your harddisk and your mobo when you go on live the first time. This means that you can't change the harddisk of an xbox that went to live. If you go on live with the new harddisk, the xbox will be banned.
For that reason, people sell eeprom.bin files of xboxes that never went on live before. Writing such a file to your xbox eeprom is like giving your console a new identity. There are 3 different eeprom formats that are not interchangable. You have the 1.0 version, the 1.1 to 1.5 version and the 1.6 and 1.6b version.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users