2 replies to this topic

#1 fiveonefive

fiveonefive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hello,

Im trying to flash my liteon drive but when i spoof the ixtreme firmware every thing matches except the dvd key location.

the dummy.bin list the dvd key at 0xa030 whilst the spoofed firmware has the location at N/A.

When i Flash the drive, it recognizes games as dvd movies.

Any help would be apreciated.

Regards,

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

Not sure if spoof is the word you want to use. Spoofing suggests that you are doing something like installing a lite-on in place of another drive type like Samsung.

What it sounds like you are trying to do is just flash your lite-on drive. So you simply need to use a tool to take the data in your dummy.bin and copy the key and serial data into the hacked firmware.

If you like dos you can use firmtool to make you hacked firmware. Most people use jungleflasher now.

In dos you would simply copy firmtool, your dummy.bin and the ix16.bin into the same folder and open a command prompt and type

firmtool dummy.bin hacked.bin

(replace hacked.bin with whatever name your ix16 liteon firmware uses.

In jungleflasher you would just open the dummy.bin in the top and the hacked in the bottom and hit the spoof source to target button.

Hope that helps.

What tools have you been trying to use so far?

#3 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

The key is at 0xA030 in Dummy.bin as it is based on the approximate stucture of a BenQ F/W file.

This is a BenQ Key location, just makes things easier with dummy.bin that the all of the other files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users