• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

Well here's the deal. I have been trying to soft-mod my xbox with xboxhdm and ndure with this tutorial http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263 but every time I get too the part where I need to type in xbrowser it says no xfat partition found connect and try again or something like that.

I hot swapped while playing a song of the hard drive after pausing, at the splash screen after Microsoft pops up, while it's on the dash. after unplugging xbox dvd drive at error 12 all to no prevail.

I don't know what the deal is.

So I need to try some thing else. I don't have a air max.

I do have a flash drive and a controller I can hack.

I don't have any original game at all but I suppose if I absolutely need to I could get one for a game save hack.

I guess I was just hoping there was a way to mod it with out having to get a game and I could use what I have already.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

Some pc biosses give problems when you try to hotswap. Sometimes disabling hdd auto detection in the bios helps. You need to set the harddisk to none instead of auto. Some biosses don't have that setting.

So, you could try with another pc if you have one lying around.

My preferred softmod method is using an eeprom reader to get the xbox eeprom.bin file. With that information, I can unlock and lock a harddisk without hotswapping.

You can also temporary install a modchip to get the same information.

regards.

#3 Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Thanks obcd, I'll try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users