Photo

Unleashx Freezes When Data Disc Is Inserted.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dsj

Dsj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:24 AM

I am using Verbatim DVD+R media.

Every time I insert a data disc, the D: drive status on the UnleashX dashboard reads "INIT", then "Checking" then displays nothing. At this point, the entire dash freezes, and I have to eject the disc and reboot. I tried inserting the disc at the file-browser screen...Freezes. I then enabled "auto-launch data disc", the browser displays the size of the disc with the words "Checking" in the middle of the screen, but it's still frozen. The only advice I could find online was to clear "Cache, x,y,z". My X, Y, and Z drives are empty, but I deleted the file inside my cache folder, but it didn't help. It does not display this behavior with Audio CD's - they play fine.

I read that the Xbox HD has a filename limitation of about 30 characters...Does the same apply to optical media? Any answers/solutions? Thanks.

Edited by Dsj, 28 September 2009 - 07:26 AM.

#2 Dsj

Dsj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:49 PM

(Sorry about the double post; the edit button seems to have gone missing.)

Problem solved. So I burned a DVD with a single OGG file in it with about ten characters for a filename (I also removed spaces just to be safe) and it reads fine by both UnleashX and XBMC now (although XBMC is still refusing to play the file grr.gif , but that's another issue).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users