8 replies to this topic

#1 derekm2

derekm2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:54 AM

So,'

I gave flashing a shot and all was well but then i got greedy and wanted 1.6 fw. Long story short i bricked (shorted out my dvd drives motherboard. At first i freaked out because i had erased the fw file, but i now realize that i can recover the fw file with some software. Now i have bits and pieces of the data that was on the usb stick but i was wondering where i should look to find the dvd key from that fw. After i find it i intend to spoof a new ms25 to make it work again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

If your drive bricked after erasing the firmware from the flash rom, then there is no way to retrieve it from the drive anymore. If you were able to dump the firmware off of the drive successfully before erasing it, then you should be able to load that .bin into JungleFlasher and spoof it to another drive.

If you cannot load anything into JungleFlasher, then open your file into a hex editor and go to offset 0x40EC. Your key will be located there.

#3 derekm2

derekm2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE(dharrison @ Oct 2 2009, 04:07 AM) View Post

If your drive bricked after erasing the firmware from the flash rom, then there is no way to retrieve it from the drive anymore. If you were able to dump the firmware off of the drive successfully before erasing it, then you should be able to load that .bin into JungleFlasher and spoof it to another drive.

If you cannot load anything into JungleFlasher, then open your file into a hex editor and go to offset 0x40EC. Your key will be located there.

thanks for the quick response. I do not have the original original but i have the firmware dumped from my failed flash. I have not yet bought the recovery software but i can see the orig firmware . Just want to make sure this dumped firmware would have the key before i pay for the soft...its like 45 bucks.

#4 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

What software are you talking about? If you have a good dump of the drive's firmware, you don't need to buy anything. We have very generous people in the scene making these programs for free. Read up about JungleFlasher and if you feel the need to pay something, do it with a donation to Team Jungle.

#5 derekm2

derekm2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(dharrison @ Oct 2 2009, 07:21 AM) View Post

What software are you talking about? If you have a good dump of the drive's firmware, you don't need to buy anything. We have very generous people in the scene making these programs for free. Read up about JungleFlasher and if you feel the need to pay something, do it with a donation to Team Jungle.

i accidentally erased the flash drive with the original firmware. I ended up being able to retrieve it. NOw it is all good to go. I have the key saved in a million places and wrote it on my work bench. now i just need to pick out what drive to replace the one i killed with and learn how to spoof. thank you so much for your help, I do intend to make a donation. you are right. People here are awesome. If you don't mind could you point me in the direction of where to learn how to spoof my new drive? Thanks again

#6 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

Spoofing with JungleFlasher is easy. Under the Firmware Tool 32 tab, click the 'Open Source Firmware' button to the right side. A dialog box will open. Choose your firmware from the bad flash. The information from that firmware will load into the top half of JungleFlasher. Make sure your key is not all F's. Then, click on the 'Open Target Firmware' button. Here, you will pick the firmware from either the new drive you purchased (you will have to extract your new drive's firmware first) or pick a hacked firmware for the drive you want to put your key on.

(Example: You have a Samsung, but you bought a new BenQ. You want to use a iXtreme firmware. You would then load iXtreme 1.6 for BenQ.)

Couple of things to consider... If you buy a new drive, depending on the person who sells it to you, it probably won't come with a firmware on it. So, there's no way to dump the firmware on it. In this case, using a hacked firmware is probably your best solution. Hacked firmwares will have all 7's as a DVD key. This is normal and shouldn't be of any concern to you as you are spoofing your key over it anyways. If your new drive is actually a used drive from another XBOX 360, then you will have to extract the firmware from it first and load it as the Target firmware in JungleFlasher.

So, you should have your Samsung's information in the top half of JungleFlasher and the new drives information in the bottom half. Next, you click the 'Spoof Source to Target' button and the key will be injected into the new drive's firmware. Press 'Save to File' and name your file whatever you want ('orig' is the most used name). Then, you have a spoofed firmware to flash back onto your new drive.

Sorry, couldn't find a tutorial off hand that used JungleFlasher, but should you do this, you shouldn't have any problems.

EDIT: If you only have the key and not the firmware file, you would just need to load the Target firmware, then choose 'Manual Spoofing' to inject your key into it. However, you would need to spoof it as a Samsung MS25, because that is what your console is expecting to be in it.

Edited by dharrison, 02 October 2009 - 08:26 AM.

#7 derekm2

derekm2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(dharrison @ Oct 2 2009, 08:19 AM) View Post

Spoofing with JungleFlasher is easy. Under the Firmware Tool 32 tab, click the 'Open Source Firmware' button to the right side. A dialog box will open. Choose your firmware from the bad flash. The information from that firmware will load into the top half of JungleFlasher. Make sure your key is not all F's. Then, click on the 'Open Target Firmware' button. Here, you will pick the firmware from either the new drive you purchased (you will have to extract your new drive's firmware first) or pick a hacked firmware for the drive you want to put your key on.

(Example: You have a Samsung, but you bought a new BenQ. You want to use a iXtreme firmware. You would then load iXtreme 1.6 for BenQ.)

Couple of things to consider... If you buy a new drive, depending on the person who sells it to you, it probably won't come with a firmware on it. So, there's no way to dump the firmware on it. In this case, using a hacked firmware is probably your best solution. Hacked firmwares will have all 7's as a DVD key. This is normal and shouldn't be of any concern to you as you are spoofing your key over it anyways. If your new drive is actually a used drive from another XBOX 360, then you will have to extract the firmware from it first and load it as the Target firmware in JungleFlasher.

So, you should have your Samsung's information in the top half of JungleFlasher and the new drives information in the bottom half. Next, you click the 'Spoof Source to Target' button and the key will be injected into the new drive's firmware. Press 'Save to File' and name your file whatever you want ('orig' is the most used name). Then, you have a spoofed firmware to flash back onto your new drive.

Sorry, couldn't find a tutorial off hand that used JungleFlasher, but should you do this, you shouldn't have any problems.

EDIT: If you only have the key and not the firmware file, you would just need to load the Target firmware, then choose 'Manual Spoofing' to inject your key into it. However, you would need to spoof it as a Samsung, because that is what your console is expecting to be in it.

that is exactly what i intend to do. One last question and I will leave you alone. THanks for all your help btw. Which drive should i buy? I have an ms25. should I get its most direct replacement of ms28? Is one better than another or easier to flash? thank you you have been a great help.

#8 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

You can do any of the drives, but for the sake of making it easy for you, I'd either go with another Samsung, MS25 or MS28, or a BenQ drive. They are about the same when it comes to reliability, too.

#9 derekm2

derekm2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(dharrison @ Oct 2 2009, 08:43 AM) View Post

You can do any of the drives, but for the sake of making it easy for you, I'd either go with another Samsung, MS25 or MS28, or a BenQ drive. They are about the same when it comes to reliability, too.

roger that thank you so much you have been very helpful....its off to ebay i go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users