kibito87

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

I just have a few quick questions on using the 1.6 i-xtreme firmware to make backups. This can only be done with the BenQ and LiteOn drives, correct?

For some reason I remember modding my benq drive but it didn't show up in "My Computer" (xp Pro) as a disk drive. Unless I am making things up...I remember reading somewhere only those two drives are able to utilize the 0800 thing that is used in creating backups.

Also, is there anything special that needs to be done to make the drive show up in "My Computer". My Hitachi drive does, (I own 2 360's) but my BenQ doesn't...

Edited by kibito87, 04 October 2009 - 10:42 PM.

#2 matt.xx

matt.xx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

I'm new to the whole thing, but i've recently made a few backups of my originals with both my samsung ms25 & ms28.. afaik, you can rip it with any drive which has 0800 capability? Although i could be wrong..

I had the same problem for ages, turns out it was a combination of old via drivers & me not getting the drive into 0800 mode.. If you have standard 1.6 firmware installed, what you want to do is:

- Make sure everythings powered off
- Power on the xbox 360, eject the tray.. close it but hold it as it gets to be about half way in.. let it struggle for a couple of seconds until it stops pulling, then what you want to do is unplug your 360.. don't turn it off via the button (i've had more success this way)
- connect your sata cable from your DVD drive to your mobo or via card or w/e
- power on the pc
- Once loaded into windows and logged on, power on the 360.. allowing the disk drive to close itself (should have still been half open)

I believe you should also have PORT I/O installed, if you haven't allready.

Don't forget that sometimes if you've flashed it using jungle flasher, it will disable the drive, so you'll have to go into device manager and re-enable it.. but i doubt this is the case.

For my sammy to showup properly, all i have to do is boot into windows and boot the 360 in 0800 mode.. but i haven't had any experience with anything other than samsungs, but i would imagine it would be the same procedure?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users