• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeffc222

jeffc222

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

I tried searching, but the forum-specific search feature seems broken - maybe it's Chrome... Anyhow, it seemed to me that with Linux, Firefox, and Flash, Pandora should work, so I downloaded and set up XDSL, added Flash, and went to the page. The page loaded, but ran so slowly I didn't have the patience to actually fidget with the screen-based keyboard to log in.

Clearly it all takes a lot of memory and the box starts churning the virtual memory...

Are there any other options? This seems really close. Maybe a 128MB upgrade?

Has anyone considered an OpenPandora-like interface? Perhaps it could be done with Python (reaching here, I know absolutely nothing about Python and little about OpenPandora other than it is done in .NET.

Edited by jeffc222, 06 October 2009 - 07:29 AM.

#2 worldwhore3

worldwhore3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:softmods, xbox linux,
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:52 AM

flash will be horrible on the box without the 128MB upgrade. better off leabving it uninstalled, this way you can at least bypass flash ads while you browse.

as for online radio services, if you are just wanting to stream music, theres a crap-ton of radio scripts avialable for XBMC. i have easily over 200 channels to listen to on my setup. i use it more than i play mp3s off my box these days.

some great video game stations, death metal, rap, country - whatever you wanna listen to is available. i think its the shoutcast script, but i could be wrong. its definitly worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users