#1 poseoff

poseoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:22 AM

Hi, I am hoping someone here can help

I have a unmodded Xbox 1.0 and a modded Xbox 1.6
I want to mod the unmodded xbox to run XBMC, and install a larger hard drive. I do not have a memory card but i do have a copy of 007 Agent Under fire.

What i want to do or plan to do if possible, is flash the TSOP with a modded bios. however i am a little confused.
Ideally i am hoping that by flashing the TSOP, i can run slayers, and install all that's needed to a larger hdd and then have XBMC installed.
however, what i need to understand are what are my options. i cannot move the modchip installed in the 1.6, but i can swap the hdd's if needed to transfer the exploits required. how can i get the TSOP flashing using the tools that i have. with so much information accumulated here, its not so easy to search for definitive answers

Any tips on how to achieve my goal would be great, or links that i can use to piece together a solution
Thanks

J

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

Your options are simple:

Buy or borrow a modchip for the unmodded box long enough to flash the TSOP. OR

Hotswap the unmodded xbox's HD to a PC and copy the save exploit to xbox HD (dangerous) OR

Build a USB adapter for xbox, download the save exploit and FTP to modded box, copy save from modded box to a usb key drive (if you don't have one, borrow one from someone) using the MS dash, and finally, copy save from usb drive to unmodded xbox using MS dash.

#3 poseoff

poseoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

thanks for the reply. I had to pull a MacGuyver and jerry-rig a usb adapter from a standard USB male adapter, and a broken Xbox Controller. looks like the xbox recognizes the usb drive. now i'll work the exploit for 007, and see what happens. thanks.
im slowly working my way through this, and i have finally discovered the search button above. i honestly thought it was an advert for Giganews. now i need to establish exactly what the TSOP flash will allow in terms of burned dvds, run a dev test on an old hd in the Xbox before getting the new HD for my soon to be modded 1.0.

thanks again!!!

Edited by poseoff, 08 October 2009 - 03:48 AM.

#4 poseoff

poseoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

Can anyone here confirm that i can use X2-5035 512k on an initial TSOP flash using the 007 exploit, again no real clear answers, ive read that raincoat 0.7 will auto resize, ive read that i need to resize the bios bin using XBTool before. any clear answer?

#5 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

I haven't used raincoat 0.7 so I couldn't help with that. There is a tool written for older xecuter modchips called x2 bios maker that will take a 512k bios and double it to 1mb. This is what I always used.

EDIT: and Yes, the 5035 is fine for your TSOP as long as it is the right size ^^

Edited by xboxmods2977, 08 October 2009 - 07:18 AM.

#6 lorddaddy84

lorddaddy84

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

If you use the latest AID to flash your bios it will automatically re size the bios before flashing.

#7 poseoff

poseoff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

xboxmods2977 and lorddaddy84 thanks for the advice and support. i finally got the beast done, with a bit of solder here and there, a jerry rigged usb to xbox connector, an exploit or two, and your help.

Thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users