• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 beecham

beecham

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:51 AM

Hi, iv'e had a read through of the pages and guides so I'm sorry if this has been answered before.
I am running a local network at home using XP, 2 Netgear FA310TX REV-D2 cards and a crossover lead. This works fine allowing me to share files etc...
However when I cannot connect to the XBOX. First I change my LAN settings to 192.168.0.4 (or 2) 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 then switch the xbox on with EVX running and run FlashFXP. I do the whole quick connect to my xbox IP and it times out...
The card is set to Auto for speed/Media
Now my mates machine with an on board network port works every time sees the xbox and allows me to backup.
Any ideas as this is doing my head in

#2 WARMASTER

WARMASTER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:50 AM

there is a few things that u can try disable your firewall i know norton 2001 causes
problems make sure the user name and pass on flashFXP r correct and last start your
flashFPX first and then start boot your xbox

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif WARMASTER beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#3 beecham

beecham

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:04 AM

As far as I'm aware Im not running a firewall, I don't have any software like Norton on the machine.
Unless XP has its own firewall but I think that is disabled.
User Name & Pass are both xbox

Edited by beecham, 26 June 2003 - 11:07 AM.

#4 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:40 PM

Make sure you turn off PASV ftp in FlashFXP. Also read my tutorial.
Read this link. You can stop at Ping.

#5 beecham

beecham

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:58 PM

Thanks Ill give that a try tonight, im currently using 192.168.0.1 as the gateway but Ill 0 it and see what happens.
I suspect it may be the cards as it worked fine on my mates PC. Maybe a setting in there?

#6 beecham

beecham

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:28 PM

Just me again.
I have set my card to 10Base T Full Duplex. When I connect it to the xbox in the setting screen I can see it has connected as various info appears.
Using FlashFXP i attempt to connect and it times out.
In the Proxy/Firewall tab of settings I have unchecked use passive mode and type is set to none.
Has anyone got any ideas?

#7 trob

trob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:43 PM

First your nic and xbox should be able to auto negotiate the speed. Next try to follow my tutorial here. You can stop when you get past ping and try your own ftp client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users