6 replies to this topic

#1 Snake126

Snake126

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

I have a modded 360 and recently i started getting the E74. I am now home from school for fall break and have access to an oven, so i decided to bake the HANA which was definately the problem in my case. I am waiting to recieve an x-clamp kit but i decided to at least see if i can get the xbox to run for a minute or so to see if i need to bake it again before i leave. I am probably stupid for trying it, but i cleaned up all the old thermal and applied new then simply screwed the old heatsinks on (they made contact, i checked before screwing them down) and tried the xbox. The first couple of power ones i recieved the 3 red lights and secondary code about a power supply, then i started to get the 2 red lights for overheating. Is my E74 fixed and i just need to wait to install my x-clamp fix? or do i need to put it back in the oven.

Thanks guys

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

pop.gif WOW!!! You just fried your xbox like a pop corn !

The new errors you get sounds like capacitors blew up after u did your "fried chicken" trick. Look around on your board for fried capacitors or MOSFETs.

#3 Snake126

Snake126

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

lol, i would be upset if i didnt think 360's are pieces of garbage... which is where mine will most likely end up.

However, they all look fine and i cannot find anything physically wrong. Should i be able to?

#4 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

I think you should get a voltmeter and lot of time to check all MOSFETs and capacitors of your board. I hope you find something. At the worst case scenario, sell it off for spare parts, notifying the buyer about the full repair history of your console. Then get a new Jasper smile.gif

#5 Snake126

Snake126

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:56 AM

I used my x-clamp kit and it fired right up with no errors and my E74 error has gone away completely. It seems that popping it in the oven at 450 degrees worked after all lol

#6 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:34 AM

Pure luck! laugh.gif Enjoy it my friend, but next time, don't risk it at all! rolleyes.gif

#7 nagamin

nagamin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

ohmy.gif !
Why don't you change your name to Mr. Lucky Guy. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic