Photo

Pcsxbox V20 - Memory Cards Problem. Help Needed.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gugutz

gugutz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hello.
Yesterday i went to organizing my games list, changing some ugly names and moving directories over and such. No big deal.

My FF7 folder was named "FF7 CD1", so i renamed it to "Final Fantasy VII Disc 1".
After it i went to E:\SAVES\PCSXBOX, looked for the saves folder called "FF7 CD1" and also renamed it (and every file inside it) "Final Fantasy VII Disc 1"

When i enter the game, none of my saves are there.
I noticed that the game took a little longer to enter the save selection after i clicked "Slot 1" to pick Mem card 1. It was like it was creating a new memory card right at that time.

Is there a way to recover my lost saves? Any way?

Thank you for your anwsers in advance.

Edited by gugutz, 18 October 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#2 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

It didn't write the new save folder until you opened the disk with the new name.

Save folders are also configuration folders. That's why you'll notice that if you re-open a game you've already opened, it just starts right up without annoying you again with the config settings.

The emus don't delete save/configuration folders unless you tell it to (by pressing black or white, whichever one is not the favorite's button, and then confirming when prompted). If you had saves for Final Fantasy 7 that worked before, they must still be there under whatever name you used to call the CD.

Assuming you didn't accidentally delete them within the emu or in an FTP session (which should be fairly hard to do on accident), all you have to do is find the old config on your box, delete the new config, and then rename the old one exactly like the new image name and they should all still work for you.

Hope that helps,
~Rx

#3 gugutz

gugutz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Yeah i decided to rename the folders after my friend stoped messing around in the saves folder.
I'm almost sure he went renaming some memory card and overwrote my saves. Re-starting the game again right now :<

Thanks for your reply, though. smile.gif

#4 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Bummer man. Sorry you didn't get to it in time.

#5 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

Lesson learned, only one Administrator per Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users