• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JOHN H0WARD

JOHN H0WARD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:18 AM

I have recently backed up MY copy of proto-type, due to some hard ware errors on my PC i ripped the game using a kreon drive. then checked the .iso on that PC with abgx. I then sent the .iso and .dvd files over my network via a sharing file to my laptop. There i checked the .iso again with abgx and no errors were returned. I then began to burn the disc using my laptop DVD burner (as it is the only duel layer burner in the house) using XBC 2.9. I got the error after the disc check but before it started burning about Power area zone fail or something. Upon further research this error is because of cheap discs. I am using Verbatim DVD+R 2.4x 8.5GB dual layer discs which are the best as far as i know. I tried this twice with the same error. Out of frustration i tried for a third time and wolla it worked. XBC returned a write successful message. I then put the disc in my 360 with iXtreme 1.51 firmware. it read reading then after around 30 seconds displayed open tray. NO mixed media disc or dvd. just open tray. Why is this and this is only backup which this has happened too all my other back ups work fine including my most recent ODST back up.
Does anyone have any explanations or solutions to my problem? They will be most appreciated. smile.gif

Thank you
-J. Howard

#2 h666llraiser

h666llraiser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

It seems like we are having the same sort of problem, check my recent thread:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=693132

So far im not having a solution, but im down to 2 possible causes:

1. My current batch of Verbatim DL discs are faulty (I will soon know, since im running dry lol).

2. My burner is not up to the task of burning DL discs very succesfully anymore.

Personally im afraid that it is my burner that is the problem. Im also burning on a laptop, and i wouldn't expect those burners to be state of the art exactly. So it seems like the most likely cause :S

Good luck in finding a solution, i hope you will let me know if you figure this out. I will let you know if i do smile.gif

#3 JOHN H0WARD

JOHN H0WARD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

I saw your thread and a solution was posted to burn at 4x but i could not do this as XBC would not allow and i had transferred the .iso over a network and was wondering if this had corrupted the file in anyway. I am also burning on a laptop and too fear this may be the problem. Please let me know if getting a better burner works and if so what burner you got.
Thankyou.

#4 h666llraiser

h666llraiser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(JOHN H0WARD @ Oct 21 2009, 06:59 AM) View Post

I saw your thread and a solution was posted to burn at 4x but i could not do this as XBC would not allow and i had transferred the .iso over a network and was wondering if this had corrupted the file in anyway. I am also burning on a laptop and too fear this may be the problem. Please let me know if getting a better burner works and if so what burner you got.
Thankyou.

Well sadly burning at 4x didn't work for me afterall. I did make a succesful burn, but they are getting more and more scarce sad.gif ...

I will let you know if i solve this problem!

#5 h666llraiser

h666llraiser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:57 AM

I just borrowed an external burner, and succesfully burned a game. Im now quite optimistic that my old burner is the problem here, but i will have to backup a couple of more succesful games to be 100% sure.

But i didn't get any finalizing discs errors or nothing like i was getting lately with my old burner, so i believe im on the right track.

I'll keep you posted! smile.gif

#6 h666llraiser

h666llraiser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

I've burned 3-4 more games with the external burner i borrowed with no problems, so i think it's pretty safe by now to say that my old burner is the problem.

Try it out, if you haven't already! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users