Photo

Ps3 With Broken Hdmi Port? Av Port Working Fine.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shutdown[Swe]

Shutdown[Swe]

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Xbox Xbox Xbox<br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

So i got this ps3 that was supposed to be broken. dead during a lightning storm he said. So anyway i plugged it in with hdmi and it starts up like normal but displays no audi or video. So i tried the normal av cable that i also received and it was brand new in the plastic. And to my surprise it worked. My original plan was to buy it to see if it was easy to repair or just sell for parts. But now i pretty much set my mind to fixing it or use component but it would be a real shame not to be able to use hdmi

So anyway i took it apart to look for anything suspicious and found this "burnt" spot under the regular av port. dunno if it is normal or if it has anything to do with anything.

picture is huge so im just gonna link to it http://img32.imagesh...4/s6300208m.jpg

But yea if anyone had any simliar problems or know about anything i can do it would be greatly appreciated. im trying to look into the hdmi output and it looks ok. but what do i know

Edit: its a 60gb version

edit2: i tried resetting holding the powerbutton down for a few seconds for 3 beeps and i tried reseting in the menu and i tried updating the software using the automatic software thing

Edited by Shutdown[Swe], 21 October 2009 - 04:12 AM.

#2 whyexactly

whyexactly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

well I'd try cleaning up that burned patch, and make sure there's no damage hidden under the dirt. then I'd try checking for any possible fuses (look around for 0 ohm resistors and such)

#3 glew

glew

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi I have a problem, my PS3 has bad image for HDMI,if i connect RCA or YPRGB looks perfectly.

the console, fell from about 70cm around the floor, before that worked well.

Here I leave some pictures of how it looks with HDMI Cable

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's like all clolores not show as having fewer colors.

The tests I did were

Reset Console
Try on another TV
Try another HDMI
Try all HDMI resolutions

The console is out of warranty, you may have broken some HDMI chip or something,

Thanks and regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users