• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Location:Costa Rica PlayStation3 Version: none Nintendo Wii Version: v4.1u
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

hi guys.

I just want something done but I havenīt been able because I donīt know where to start.

1- my xbox is softmodded a long time ago.
2- I donīt how it was softmodded.
3- I have no idea which file is the current bios.

these are the files into C. just take a look LINK

I used BiosChecker_v50īs BiosScan.exe and these were the results eventhough I donīt understand them here they are:

1MB bios.bin inside backup folder::::::: GENUINE BIOS DETECTED!!! ****3944 retail****

1MB 4977.bin in the root of C drive LINK FOR THE IMAGE

1MB xboxrom.bin in the root of C drive::::::: GENUINE BIOS DETECTED!!! ****XECUTER2 4977 (BFM)****

1MB EvoxD6_bfm.bin in the root of C drive LINK FOR THE IMAGE

I use evox hereīs my evox.ini another mirror
could you please read it so you may understand it better?

As you can see I have 3 .xbe in my root of the C drive: 1- default.xbe-(1.6 MB) I have used it before and itīs the evolution x dashboard 2- evoxdash.xbe -(680 kb) also the evox dashboard, I just can not see the diference between them and 3- xboxdash.xbe -(1.55MB) it just doesnīt work(it hangs in a black screen) and sometimes it gives me an xbox error in different languages.

Iīm totally able to use FlashFXP with my xbox.

I have a backup of my C drive and another VIRGIN(from factory) C DRIVE, though Iīm not sure which dashboard. hereīs a link for an image

I donīt really know which kernel I have and what kind of xbox dashboard I used to have.
Iīm positive I had the Live option in the dashboard though I was never able to use it, it just gave me a black screen and I had to reset the machine to use it again.

hereīs a video of my xbox running as usual LINK

if I turn it on with the eject button the ring will turn red and IGR will work.

if I turn it on with the other button the ring will remain the same usual color (green )and I am not able to use IGR(which I love).

I have several tools in my PC: the rescue disc, Ndure3.1, Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1, XBtool_1.0.15, several bios files in different sizes which I havenīt decided the one I need.

As it is right now my xbox works, but I want it better.

ok guys I hope you help me once again.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

On the X-Box motherboard is a chip called the TSOP, which holds the BIOS the console boots off. Once booted, the BIOS is loaded into memory, and that's then referred to as the kernel.

With a softmod, the MS dash is hacked so that when it loads, it patches the loaded BIOS and then fires up some other dashboard. "xboxdash.xbe" is the executable for the MS dash, and that's the first thing that gets loaded after the flubber animation is complete.

It won't load a second time after booting because the BIOS is already patched.

The BIOS files on your C partition are for use with the Phoenix BIOS Loader program ("default.xbe" in your install). This loads an entirely different BIOS into memory, then again passes off to some other XBE (likely "evoxdash.xbe"). I think the BIOS it loads is defined by "boot.cfg". Note that PBL probably never starts unless you specifically tell it to.

As to making things "better", you'll need to elaborate on what "better" is.

Before messing with your softmod/dashboard/C partition in general, it's a good idea to backup your EEPROM.

#3 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:41 AM

First Bomb Bloke I wanna thank you personally for saving my xbox and also some money by helping me in another thread. youīre a really nice guy. thanks again.

ok, by better I mean xbmc as a dashboard

to have again the opportunity to use my original xbox dashboard
and change whatever option I choose in there (now that Iīm gonna buy a new HDTV)

turn on the my xbox without using the eject button

turn off the xbox using only the controller

a more stable and updated bios (a must)

the oportunity to update my hard drive to a bigger one if the oportunity rises

some other I donīt even know.

I opened the boot.cfg file and it says:

Romfile EvoxD6_bfm.bin
AltRomfile 4977.bin
RC4Key 0x57 0x42 0x29 0x0C 0x30 0x1E 0xD3 0x01 0xB3 0xE5 0x5D 0x28 0x50 0x31 0xE1 0xCE
EEPROMKey1_0 0x2A 0x3B 0xAD 0x2C 0xB1 0x94 0x4F 0x93 0xAA 0xCD 0xCD 0x7E 0x0A 0xC2 0xEE 0x5A
EEPROMKey1_1 0x1D 0xF3 0x5C 0x83 0x8E 0xC9 0xB6 0xFC 0xBD 0xF6 0x61 0xAB 0x4F 0x06 0x33 0xE4
LEDSequence gggg
Debug false

Before messing with your softmod/dashboard/C partition in general, it's a good idea to backup your EEPROM

I have my eprom saved in plenty different places

#4 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

BUMP!

#5 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:03 AM

Your original harddisk contains an old softmod. Starting to mess with it will break things.
I would suggest you leave it as it is, and start with the other harddisk from scratch.
Follow the tutorials that use xboxhdm together with the kingroach ndure 3.1.
You will need the original unmodded M$dash files. You can get those from the slayers rescue iso.
(I think from the AID as well.) I use the qwix program to extract the xiso files.

You might first use xboxhdm to partition and format the harddisk as an unmodded xbox disk. Test it in the xbox, and write down the kernel version it reports. It's usefull to install the kernel specific ndure softmod. Since you have the eeprom.bin off your xbox, you can lock and unlock the harddisk on your pc without the need for hotswapping.

The basic dual (triple) boot setup of ndure brings you to your modded dash with the power button. It will bring up the unmodded M$dash or live dash with the eject button. It's also possible to run the M$dash from within your modded dash. What modded dash you will use is freely selectable after the mod is done.

You will need an older pc with 2 ide connectors for the xboxhdm package. If you have a newer pc, you can use the xboxhdm2 package which can boot from an usb stick.

regards.

#6 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

thanks for the reply.

Your original harddisk contains an old softmod. Starting to mess with it will break things.

I only have my original xbox hard drive.

I would suggest you leave it as it is, and start with the other harddisk from scratch.

Am I able to use my only hard drive (and original xbox hard drive) to get what I want?

You will need the original unmodded M$dash files. You can get those from the slayers rescue iso.
(I think from the AID as well.) I use the qwix program to extract the xiso files.

I have a backup of the C drive, but I dont know what kind of dashboard is it. I guess itīs newer than mine because it has several files mine doesnīt have.

Can I still use it? I know itīs untouched.

You might first use xboxhdm to partition and format the harddisk as an unmodded xbox disk

If I use my hard drive and format it with xboxhdm, is having the eeprom the most important thing to change it to the way things were before?

I used xboxhdm when I tried to update my xbox using AID(something BAD happened BTW), then several people here in xbox-scene helped me fix my xbox.

You will need an older pc with 2 ide connectors for the xboxhdm package

thatīs exactly what I have.

one more thing.

What would happen if I burn a new xboxhdm disk, and in C I just put the backup(totally original C) that I have?

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

Download HeXEN 0.99B11-22 (use Google to find it), and PM me for instructions....!

#8 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:22 AM

sorry Heimdall I canīt PM you for the instructins, it always gives me a Board Message error.

Can you please look at my profile? right there, thereīs my email.

Iīm downloading in this exact moment. itīll finish in one hour.

#9 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

I have it. what should I do?

#10 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

BUMP!

I havenīt been able to PM you Heimdall....

I donīt know what to do with all this

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

Just sent you an email.... smile.gif

#12 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:30 PM

thanks man!

#13 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

sorry heimdall but I havenīt received it yet. and that was 3 hours ago sad.gif

#14 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:08 AM

bump!

anyone?

#15 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

I dont know what HEXEN is but using XBOXHDM you can achieve all that you want, you can either start with a new/ fresh HDD of any size ide of course or just use your original HDD. First off if you have your eeprom saved on your pc create a xboxhdm lock/unlock disc, an Ndure softmod disc and a MS rebuild dash - links are here HERE and here Softmod

Once you have the discs burnt you can format, rebuild and softmod your hdd and then re-lock it before re installation. There may be easier/quicker ways but this works, i did the above to a HDD for my brothers xbox and then sent it to him and he installed and was running straight away.
Then you can install your choice of dashboard or even use X-select to chose your dash as it boots up.
Two things that will make the xbox the centre of your AV setup is fitting a larger HDD and converting it to output in HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users