madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well other than the fact that these don't support dual previews at all, I like them.. biggrin.gif

Would have been nice to have pre dual preview when I really wanted something like this where I was more interested in having the long list and a large snappy.

Really, though it all boils down to choice. Sometimes I'm not interested in box-art, other times I am.. laugh.gif

Edited by madmab, 30 October 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#32 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(DarthMingus @ Oct 30 2009, 01:25 PM) View Post

Usually, I think most skins look awful and overdone, which is why I primarily use Madmab's skins, since they have the more sophisticated XBMC appearance.

What you've created finds that balance that Madmab's did, great work!!! Maybe someday someone will enhance them for you and make them dynamic. smile.gif

I think those skins are the PMIII ones and were built by Gilou. Madmab codes the changes to the emulator. Or thats the way i see it.

#33 neil222

neil222

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:09 AM

I like your skins Baer, looking good. biggrin.gif

#34 pkbunghole

pkbunghole

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

I've checked, and even the video previews work perfectly with these in 720p, brilliant stuff, looking forward to having these for all my emulators biggrin.gif

#35 kimota2004

kimota2004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Oh wow this is really nice work Likkle. At last some skins that look fun, no offense to other skinners but some of the ones doing the round are just so dull and souless. Excellent work, I think I'll use every single one lol!

#36 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

It's too bad these weren't put together in a way to work with the dynamic skin capabilities. They're great looking skins, but to only have one preview window static on them limits their usability and automatically counts them out for being used by people who want dual previews.

They look great otherwise though.

Thanks for sharing,
~Rx

#37 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Oct 31 2009, 10:44 PM) View Post

It's too bad these weren't put together in a way to work with the dynamic skin capabilities. They're great looking skins, but to only have one preview window static on them limits their usability and automatically counts them out for being used by people who want dual previews.

They weren't designed to be used by people who want dual previews they were designed to be used by.... me! happy.gif And my personal preference is not to clutter things up with extra preview panes for boxart and such. I haven't heard too many complaints about limited usability so far so I'm gonna just keep doing my thing.

Speaking of which, I've finished 2 more of these skins and I'm hoping to get 2 more done tomorrow then I'll post up pics and links for anyone who's interested in them.

#38 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

Yeah ! More skins like that please ! pop.gif

I only use one box for previews, I think that's enough. And I guess it would be easy to select a background for the synopsis feature.

#39 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

Sounds good man keep them coming (really could use snes/turbrogrx skins) I just sold an xbox to a friend and used some of your skins as defaults since I only add'd the preview videos, soooo thanks... they look great.

p.s is there anyway to add system specific background music to these puppys?

#40 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(ultimate509 @ Nov 1 2009, 06:31 AM) View Post

Sounds good man keep them coming (really could use snes/turbrogrx skins) I just sold an xbox to a friend and used some of your skins as defaults since I only add'd the preview videos, soooo thanks... they look great.

Just drop a music file named 'bkgmusic.mp3' into the skin directory and it will play. Personally I find music distracting when I'm browsing a game list so that's why I haven't included any.

I'd love to do one for the SNES but that will probably be a while. I've gotten used to XPort's skinning interface but I'm currently using zsnexbox for SNES games because of SNES9Xbox's filter bug. So either I'll wait for Madmab's SNES9Xbox or I'll figure out skinning on zsnexbox after I'm done with the XPort stuff.

#41 edwardar

edwardar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(ultimate509 @ Nov 1 2009, 04:31 AM) View Post

Yes - you can do this through the menu system on the emulator. Copy the mp3 of the music you want into the skin's folder, the select it through the menu system and it will remember it for next time (sorry, can't remember the exact options offhand).

I got my C64 music from here:
http://www.6581-8580.com/

I went for the Ocean Loader tune as a classic tune for the system. Any suggestions for classic tunes for other systems?

#42 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

I've always prefered Zsnexbox for my SNES stuff and still do.

#43 kimota2004

kimota2004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

I personally prefer the single preview window. I don't like all the extra clutter of 2 windows and video previews.

As for these skins, I thought they looked nice from my PC but that was nothing compared to how good they actually looked on my TV screen. These are the best skins I've used by far, especially love the C64 and Amiga ones. Thanks again for sharing!

#44 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

Here are some more:

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

BaerHyperskins2

#45 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(kimota2004 @ Nov 1 2009, 09:11 AM) View Post

I personally prefer the single preview window. I don't like all the extra clutter of 2 windows and video previews.

As for these skins, I thought they looked nice from my PC but that was nothing compared to how good they actually looked on my TV screen. These are the best skins I've used by far, especially love the C64 and Amiga ones. Thanks again for sharing!
True... but a "Dynamic" skin would have multiple configurations for supporting multiple tastes in screen layout.

So... Yes for those who prefer the look supported by x-port emu's and the ones with movie previews support released by Nes6502 these are quite nice.

Hence one of the reasons why I chose to make my emu's as backward compatible as possible since Gilles seems to be the only one interested in stepping up to the plate and releasing a "Dynamic Skin" for all of the emu's.

I figure this late in the xbox scene not very many people are gonna be interested in going to that extra effort.

Wish I had more time to check these out someday. I probably should just download them so I can slap them on my xbox for perusal some day..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users