151 replies to this topic

#46 pkbunghole

pkbunghole

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

These are all appreciated, hope you keep motivated to finish the set biggrin.gif

#47 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

Ha ok Edit: Good job girl (should Have known by your avatar I guess) seriously though these are the shit thanks for that Turbografx one, yeah I use Zsnes for my snes needs also but I do Have the xport ver. too.None the less thanks again... grr.gif

:they really do look good on a shitty sdtv + thanks for that music info will do..

#48 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

Ultimate... you mean ZSnEXbox... biggrin.gif
Sweet new ones Likklebaer!
Thanks

#49 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

IPB Image

thanks for the correction Megafan... grr.gif = rolleyes.gif = cool.gif = Edit = IPB Image = laugh.gif

Edited by ultimate509, 02 November 2009 - 05:54 AM.

#50 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:55 AM

I don't get what your smilies are about, but I was just kidding... smile.gif

What is that little animation crap all about...? jester.gif

EDIT:That's it... the little me/Megaman turning into an exhausted girl, is now in my signature... laugh.gif

Edited by Mega Man (?), 02 November 2009 - 05:59 AM.

#51 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

These are so beautiful. It makes me so sad that I won't be able to play around with them in the configs and move boxes around and stuff.

Truly nice to have a woman's touch around here for things like this though. I'm quite certain that these skins would be more appealing to the female gamers and the (gasp!) unfortunate women who are married to one but doesn't know who pac-man is themselves.... my oh my I can't imagine how some of the wives of friends must hate World of Warcraft. (Which I will never play, because as you can see, I have some pretty serious undiagnosed OCD issues going on here and I need an online game that NEVER ENDS like I need a hole in the head)

I can't think of a single girl or woman I've ever been with that would prefer the cold, raw, industrial PMIII style to your bright and cheerful presentations here. In fact, when I'm all done with my work, there are a few ladies on my list of people who will be getting a box for Christmas and I'd love to use your skins as theirs. I reckon they'd probably like going through the videos and artwork while your skins are up more than playing the games themselves.

So... I had a question for you Likklebaer...

I was wondering if you still have all the original files, meaning do you have the backgrounds you made without boxes planted on them, for example? Then the boxes themselves?

I was thinking that this weekend I could take a little time with these images and help turn them into potential dynamic skins for the community. That's basically what a dynamic skin is.... It's making all the images, but saving them separately within the skin and allowing the end user to configure boxes and other images and stuff the way that they want to. After figuring out some things about animation and stuff the other night, I'm really excited about what these abilities can mean in the future for these skins.

If you still have these original files, and you wouldn't mind me tinkering around a bit with them, I was hoping you could send them for just one emulator so I can see what I can do with it. In the end, you could still use these dynamic skins and they could still look exactly like the ones your posting here now. The only difference is that if somebody else wanted a larger preview, or dual previews, or smaller romlist or something like that, they would be able to change it up and save their own settings too. Then they could flip back and forth between them when they were done too.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll see what I can come up with.

Later,
~Rx

#52 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Careful there ressurectionx, it's a rare woman that appreciates an Xbox as a Christmas present, beautiful emu-skins or no. wink.gif

As to your question, there's no reason why you can't play around with the skins as they are. Pretty much everything you see is a separate element overlayed onto a plain background image. I find it much easier tweaking the layout this way rather than buggering about with a single image in Photoshop.

So you go ahead and do what you like with them.

#53 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:48 PM

LOL... they're dynamic even though we didn't know it.

I'll have to check one out.

The "ladies" in question were just some younger cousins that enjoyed playing FFXII smile.gif.

It's tough having this playboys looks in the mind of an uber-nerd. A few of my friends wrote me off as gay a long time ago, and I've heard it from them on more than one occasion. They're all married now... I guess it's their right. Not that I have anything against guys taking a ride on the disco stick, but I just don't like being misrepresented personally.

If the world only knew...

Let's just say I've seen a lot of Britney and Girls Aloud videos in between making these packs and leave it at that. cool.gif

Guess it's my way of keeping my idiosyncrasies to myself and not inflicting them upon other women in my life.

I'm always good for a ride, but it's best if we part company by morning if it ever got to that point.

[/TMI] cool.gif

I'll mess around with them this weekend and see what you made. I haven't looked at them because I thought they were completely static and the boxes were already "glued" to the main image.

I'll help you pimp them out if they're as close on the mark as I think they are from what you're saying.

Later,
~Rx

#54 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Nov 2 2009, 05:48 PM) View Post

I'll help you pimp them out if they're as close on the mark as I think they are from what you're saying.

As I said you can do as you like but just so you know I spent a long time on each skin getting the individual elements to look as optimal as they can without making things look cluttered or unbalanced. I personally don't think anything needs pimping on them, they are exactly as they should be.

Personally I think multiple configs only work for more generic skins such as PMIII and not skins like these that have been specifically designed to look a certain way.

Oh BTW, I just finished a simple one for Odyssey2. Here it is for those that want it.

IPB Image

BaerHyperskinOD2

#55 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Girls Aloud...? I never even heard of them laugh.gif (looked it up...from the UK right?)

I think Likkle's right Rx,
I don't see how these skins can have too many configurations other than the original...

PS. I made a box for my girl for last Christmas (still updating it) She loved it... but she's kinda like Rx says, he is... hot on the outside... nerdy on the inside... laugh.gif (rare girl)

Edited by Mega Man (?), 02 November 2009 - 08:02 PM.

#56 Keith1981

Keith1981

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Wow, All of the skins are great!

one thing, Is there a Super Nintendo one in the works?

Also... You should update the first post with all the skins already made.

#57 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yeah... I would love to see a SNES one. smile.gif
unfortunately... I think only mods and a few people can re-edit posts... so the first post probably can't be updated. sleep.gif

#58 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

This is likely to confuse a few of you, it's a skin for the Amstrad GX4000. There were very few games released for this console most of which can be found in GoodCPC with (Cart) in the name and can be played on the Xbox with ArnoldX. I use a hex-edited XBE to have the emulator use a different save folder to the main ArnoldX, thus creating a dedicated emu for the secondary system.

My next few skins will probably be for some of these hex-edited sub-emulators I use so I don't know how much use they'll be to anyone else. But here's this one anyway:

IPB Image

BaerHyperskinGX4

One little note; this is the first of these skins that isn't based on a Hyperspin theme. I've put it together entirely myself. happy.gif

About the SNES skin, I'd love to do one. But as I mentioned previously I'd like to wait and see if Madmab releases a build of SNES9Xbox with the filter bug fixed before I go to the trouble of trying to skin Zsnexbox.

#59 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Nov 2 2009, 11:48 AM) View Post

LOL... they're dynamic even though we didn't know it.
I think she means dynamic in the sense that in Photoshop you can move the elements around, but once the Image is created (flattened) all that flexibility goes away.

#60 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(madmab @ Nov 3 2009, 12:36 AM) View Post

I think she means dynamic in the sense that in Photoshop you can move the elements around, but once the Image is created (flattened) all that flexibility goes away.

No, I mean it's all done with sprites. Each element is an entirely separate PNG image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users