• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ringoko

Ringoko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:54 PM

could someone write a little guide how to set up the controllers for 2 players in winuaex v20? 2 player mode works perfectly in mednafenx-nes and zsnexbox, but no joy in winuaex.

i've set up input 1 as joystick A and 2 as joystick B

#2 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

2 player mode is a nightmare in WinUAE-X. Basically player 1 is controlled by joystick 2 and player 2 by joystick 1. However in a mouse controlled game, player 1 is controlled by mouse 1 and player 2 by mouse 2.

The big problem with this is that the mouse and joystick buttons are assigned to the same xbox pad button! So you have the same button controlling player 1's left mouse button and player 2's joystick button. This means that on a standard controller config where you have buttons for the mouse and buttons for the joystick correctly assigned, player 1 will always have the ability to press player 2's fire button. dry.gif

I don't know WTF XPort was thinking when he put this together. But Madmab or whoever works on WinUAE-X next. Please for god's sake separate the mouse and fire buttons, or at the very least have them assigned properly!!!

#3 Ringoko

Ringoko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:08 AM

thanks likklebaer, i hope thats sorted in the future too.

well i managed to get two player joystick games working alright.

for any other dumb newbies like me who search for this in the future, the solution was:
>configuration
>controller configuration
>controller 1
>change joypad mappings
>change game mappings
>change joy2 up/down/left/right/fire to (either dpad or Lthumb) up/down/left/right/fire

then

>controller 2
>change joypad mappings
>change game mappings
>change joy1 up/down/left/right/fire to (either dpad or Lthumb) up/down/left/right/fire

then of course port 1 is joystick B and port 2 is joystick A (all these A/Bs and 1/2s are interchangable, i'm just posting what worked for me)

there is still a problem, however, which i dont know whether its a problem with my configuration or a bug in winuaex.

say i want to play a 2 player joystick game, but at some point in the game a mouse is needed. clicking the right analog stick in-game and changing the port 1 or port 2 input will not work. for me at least, i have to stick with the inputs in the original configuration when i first load the game.

this isnt a problem right now, the only time i've needed a mouse in a 2 player joystick game was to get past the crack screen at the start, but i can get round that by loading, taking a save state, then restarting and changing port inputs. but it would be more reassuring to know i can swap from mouse to joystick in any port without having to restart.

#4 Ringoko

Ringoko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:28 AM

sorry to have gone off track, maybe this should be merged with the main winuaex thread.

i sorted my problem with changing port inputs mid-game when i noticed that the winuaex.ini file (Emulators/WinUAEX/SAVES/WINUAEX/winuaex.ini) had a lot of entries pointing to the D: drive rather than where my emu's were installed, the E: drive.

so i replaced D:\ with E:\Emulators\WinUAEX\

skin_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\EMUSKINS
garbage_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\SAVES\WINUAEX\GARBAGE
rom_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\amigadisks
music_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\amigadisks
text_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\
screenshot_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\SCREENSHOTS
save_dir=E:\EMULATORS\WINUAEX\SAVES\WINUAEX

somehow after doing that the inputs would swap around in-game with no problem.

so this leaves the last problem i have,

QUOTE(Ringoko @ Oct 29 2009, 01:56 AM) View Post

when i make a save state and load into it, the disks seem to disappear from the drives. so instead of monkey1.adf monkey2.adf etc, its just

Change Disk in Drive 1 - □1
Change Disk in Drive 2 - □1

is there anything else left to edit to solve this?

#5 Ringoko

Ringoko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:52 AM

just to say i've come across a solution to this 'empty drive' problem.

the games in the amigadisks folder have to be zipped files.

autoloading save states with games that are named 'game.zip' load with the correct disks in the correct drives.

if you unzip the file to 'game.adf' and put that in the amigadisks folder, then autoloading save state will result in empty drives.

hope this helps someone in the future!

#6 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

thanks for figuring this one out. I added it to my list of "bugs" in Winuaex. I think I may have an idea of what is going on. Although I've been rather meh about things lately....

#7 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

A touch of "burn out" possibly ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic