#1 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

What type of chip is this device? I can't find a datasheet on it from MediaTek anywhere...

#2 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

Bump? I would surely think someone knows enough about drive controllers to verify what type of chip it is...

#3 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

There is a weath of information on this chipset over on xbox hacker.

New BenQ drive found DG-16D2S FW 74850C

Sadly they had a complete pinout posted but the link is dead and my attempts so far to find you some mirrors for it failed.

One thing that is known for sure is that there is 2 chips inside that die. The controller/cpu and the tiny eprom. When hackers first broke this drive it was done by tapping into those microscopic wires.

I had some acid laying around so i decapped one for you. (just kidding) but here is a pic of what is inside from caster420 / 360mods
IPB Image

So thats all the help i can give you.
Better then nothing smile.gif

#4 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hey, your information is farther than I was able to get. Its not easy finding anything about it. I heard that MediaTek hasn't released anything, in regards of the slightest bit of information, in order to gain personal knowledge about the MT1319L.

But, thanks a bunch for your help! I'll read through all of the pages to see what others have discovered about it and hopefully try to work with that.

#5 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hey if you can figure out how to hack the new lite-on 83450c then maybe we could set up a service on my website where we charge people to decrypt thier firmware. $42 sounds like a fair price biggrin.gif

On a more serious note. Is that your goal, to try and hack the new lo83 drives ?

Edited by syntaxerror329, 28 October 2009 - 11:14 PM.

#6 dharrison

dharrison

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:52 AM

Nah, I'm not much of a hacker, but I wanted to do some research on my programmer to see if the possibility would ever made to dump the firmware from the chip - for the possibility of flashing the V2, or spoofing the new Lite-On. Nothing concrete, yet. All I have been able to find out is that my programmer doesn't support MediaTek chips, nor does it have an addon to do so. So, I looked for other alternatives to reading the flash, but since I'm not sure what exactly it is that I'm looking for, I'm just in a row boat with no oars.

But, right now its not a top priority. I haven't come across a single 83850C V2 yet. And, most of my work is repairs, anyways. So, I'll stick to reading the SST devices for now and if support is eventually added, I'll look more into it.

Edited by dharrison, 29 October 2009 - 03:54 AM.

#7 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:27 AM

The reason dumping the firmware from this chip is so difficult is becuase the chip that contains the firmware is wired inside of the Mt1319. This is why c4eva and friends had the chip decapped. Once they got a firmware dump they then figured out a back door approach.

#8 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

I also forgot to mention that the firmware is encrypted. So even if you read it you are still not done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users