4 replies to this topic

#1 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

hello i took an xbox controller and cut the end of the plug off and too a usb extention cable and cut that plug i stripped the wires and then i connected red to red and black to black white to white and green to green now there is one yellow wire hanging out so i taped them all together and plugged it in and then i plugged in my sandisk 8 gig flash drive and it lights up so i know powers going to it but it wont reconize it on the xbox anyone know how to fix this thank you so much

#2 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

There is a 4gb limit on USB flash devices due to limitations with the XBOX operating system. Your 8gb drive won't be recognized.

And some usb flash drives just plain won't work.

Here is a good (but not complete) list of devices that will and will not work:
http://www.xbox-linu...patibility_List

#3 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

ok so if i buy one that is on that list that works is all i gotta do is plug it in and it should reconize it and thanks man

#4 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

You could buy one that's not on the list and try it but if you find one that IS on the list then you can buy with confidence. Most flash drives will be recognized right away when you plug them into the Xbox. You would plug it into one of the ports (or a controller memory unit) and the Xbox will come up with a message saying "your memory unit is damaged" or something like that. Then after you get out of that message it should be good to go to use as a memory unit. If it doesn't work right away try a low level format on your PC. If that doesn't work it may just be incompatible.

Keep in mind if you would like to use the flash drive memory unit on your PC, you'll need memory unit drivers.
You can get them here: Drivers.zip

happy modding

#5 lilronney

lilronney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

ok man thanks alot you helped me out on more then one occasion thanks and i was going to ask about the pc but you beat me too it so thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users