• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

I am new at this so please bare with me. I just bought a used xbox with the UnleasX exploit (Splinter Cell:CT save), but it seems i cannot play backups directly.

I was told that if i install the n-dure exploit i will be able to run them directly without installing a modchip.

So what do i do now, how can i patch the n-dure exploit over UnleashX so i can run my backups?

xbox version is 1.1 and
DVD-ROM is Samsung SDG-605B

#2 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

Already more than 50 views and no reply? Do you guys need me to explain my query better? All and all i need to run backups with no modchip installed. So how shall i go about it?

Edited by therock003, 03 November 2009 - 09:13 PM.

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Your question is indeed confusing.

Unleashx is not an exploit. It's a dashboard.
That dashboard can only run if you have a mod on your xbox.

If your xbox starts the Unleashx dashboard, it should be able to run backups as well.

What do you mean with ... I can not play backups directly...?

Xbox dvd drives can be very picky about the media they read. Some brands work, others don't.

Use the file explorer in the unleashx dashboard and see if you can read the contents of the D(vd) drive.
If you can't read it that way, your drive is having problems with your media.

Regards.

#4 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Nov 4 2009, 10:09 AM) View Post

Your question is indeed confusing.

Unleashx is not an exploit. It's a dashboard.
That dashboard can only run if you have a mod on your xbox.

A softmod though, not a modchip. The softmod has been applied by the previous owner as i said using a Splinter Cell savegame.

If your xbox starts the Unleashx dashboard, it should be able to run backups as well.

What do you mean with ... I can not play backups directly...?

I mean that it should read the backup copy i burned with no need of modchip (hardmod) installation.

Instead, the only thing i can do so far is transfer via FTP a game in the hard Drive and run it from the Dashboard (Indirect Method)

Xbox dvd drives can be very picky about the media they read. Some brands work, others don't.

Use the file explorer in the unleashx dashboard and see if you can read the contents of the D(vd) drive.
If you can't read it that way, your drive is having problems with your media.

Regards.

But the Hardware combo i mentioned is supposedly the best possible of all generations based on posts i read on this board, plus i use Tayio Yuden DVD+R discs so how is it possible not to read them?

I tried the file manager. Which letter is the DVD Drive cause it has many, like 6 or 7. Anyway none of them seemed to display the Discs content.

Edited by therock003, 05 November 2009 - 09:34 PM.

#5 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:11 AM

1. So you have a softmod. In that case, ndure won't help you much further. If the softmod was done with the latest tools you should have ndure already.

2. Really sounds like the dvd drive not reading it or maybe the backup wasn't created with the right tools.

3. The dvd drive gets the letter D. If a readable disk is inserted, the file explorer should show it's contents on D.

Xbox iso's are different from pc iso's. You need a special program to create an xbox iso from it's files.

regards.

#6 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Nov 8 2009, 10:11 AM) View Post

1. So you have a softmod. In that case, ndure won't help you much further. If the softmod was done with the latest tools you should have ndure already.

2. Really sounds like the dvd drive not reading it or maybe the backup wasn't created with the right tools.

3. The dvd drive gets the letter D. If a readable disk is inserted, the file explorer should show it's contents on D.

Xbox iso's are different from pc iso's. You need a special program to create an xbox iso from it's files.

regards.

1.Is there a way to make sure that i have ndure?

2.The iso was prepared as an xISO, i mounted it in virtual drives and i could not read the contents.

Is there any special way to burn it as well? I used imgburn and simply burnt it to my Taio Yuden Disc .

#7 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

1. If you have a ndts folder on your E drive, you have the ndure.
(If you don't have that folder, it's still possible you have the ndure.)

2. Try to extract the iso with the qwix program. See if that works fine.

3. I sometimes read that you should burn at a low speed. I had experiments that worked the opposite way.
So, it's really difficult to say how to do it. Sometimes, a cheap brand of dvd-r works and another brand doesn't. There is probably a difference in the way burners put their data on the disk as well. Maybe some will work and other won't.

I always install a larger harddisk in my xbox and use that as media to store my games. The last external harddisk I bought costed 75 euro for 1 terrabyte. This means that it costs 0.40 euro to store 5Gig. Look at the price of an empty dvd disk and you will see that it is a more expensive medium. Also note that most dvd disks have a serious amount of unused space.

With the games on your harddisk, you don't have to be afraid for scratched disks anymore. The load times are faster and you don't have to carry all your game disks with you. They are already in the box.

The xbox dvd drive is the weakest part with the smallest MTBF. Microsoft wanted it to be designed so that it wouldn't read home burned media. I guess as a result, it works less reliable with official media as well.

If you can't read your dvd disk in your dashboard file explorer, you won't solve the issue by reinstalling your softmod.

regards.

#8 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Nov 8 2009, 02:46 PM) View Post

1. If you have a ndts folder on your E drive, you have the ndure.
(If you don't have that folder, it's still possible you have the ndure.)

2. Try to extract the iso with the qwix program. See if that works fine.

3. I sometimes read that you should burn at a low speed. I had experiments that worked the opposite way.
So, it's really difficult to say how to do it. Sometimes, a cheap brand of dvd-r works and another brand doesn't. There is probably a difference in the way burners put their data on the disk as well. Maybe some will work and other won't.

I always install a larger harddisk in my xbox and use that as media to store my games. The last external harddisk I bought costed 75 euro for 1 terrabyte. This means that it costs 0.40 euro to store 5Gig. Look at the price of an empty dvd disk and you will see that it is a more expensive medium. Also note that most dvd disks have a serious amount of unused space.

With the games on your harddisk, you don't have to be afraid for scratched disks anymore. The load times are faster and you don't have to carry all your game disks with you. They are already in the box.

The xbox dvd drive is the weakest part with the smallest MTBF. Microsoft wanted it to be designed so that it wouldn't read home burned media. I guess as a result, it works less reliable with official media as well.

If you can't read your dvd disk in your dashboard file explorer, you won't solve the issue by reinstalling your softmod.

regards.

Wait so, you can install external hard drives as well? I only thought you could replace the original XBOX internal HDD with another one.

If it's possible to use external drives then that's definitely the way to go. cool.gif

Is there any guide available that tells you how to prepare this procedure?

#9 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

No, sorry, it's not possible to use an external drive. I just brought it up for the price comparing issue. If they can sell an external exclosure with a supply for 75 euro, you should be able to find a xbox replacement harddisk for pretty much the same price.
The only problem is the fact that xbox drives are pata, and they start to become absolete.

Only linux is capable of reading from an external drive. Due to the facts that the xbox usb ports are USB 1.1, the performance won't be great.

If you ever select a replacement xbox drive, make sure it's one that stays cool and also make sure it's lockable. Most modern drives are lockable nowadays, but some of them really heat up seriously. The xbox cooling is worse than a pc cooling (bigger case), so you don't want to end up with an overheated drive.

regards.

#10 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(obcd @ Nov 8 2009, 09:25 PM) View Post

No, sorry, it's not possible to use an external drive. I just brought it up for the price comparing issue. If they can sell an external exclosure with a supply for 75 euro, you should be able to find a xbox replacement harddisk for pretty much the same price.
The only problem is the fact that xbox drives are pata, and they start to become absolete.

Only linux is capable of reading from an external drive. Due to the facts that the xbox usb ports are USB 1.1, the performance won't be great.

If you ever select a replacement xbox drive, make sure it's one that stays cool and also make sure it's lockable. Most modern drives are lockable nowadays, but some of them really heat up seriously. The xbox cooling is worse than a pc cooling (bigger case), so you don't want to end up with an overheated drive.

regards.

Oh right there's also the matter of the USB 1.1 which i forgot about. Although it would be so convenient if you get get one of these 2.5 wd passports and load games and carry them around.

Now i have to find and buy an old pata drive instead and make sure it's lockable, and also unscrew the xbox and install it, all of which sound like a hassle, so at the moment maybe i should focus more on making working copies of the games i have sad.gif

If a softmod is installed is it certain that it can read Recordable Discs? I just need to make sure that it can so i can look for ways to make a succesful burn. The xISO seems to be fine, and TY is quality media, and also imgburn is quite reliable, so i cant figure out what is going on. I have read on other topics that you need to flash the TSOP and stuff like that. Is it really nesecary for this to work? Maybe my units TSOP isnt flashed? unsure.gif

#11 therock003

therock003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

I did some further research and it seems for some reason it doesnt read any of these blue TY Discs, even if they contain plain video files. I tried a couple of other formats, including the Gold TY and some RIDISC and it read the filees off of them. So the Blue TY must be what's causing the problem.

So hopefully if i purchase different brand of recordable discs and burn the xISO i shall have better luck with running a backup succesfully. smile.gif

#12 jonzo22

jonzo22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(therock003 @ Nov 30 2009, 04:42 PM) View Post

I did some further research and it seems for some reason it doesnt read any of these blue TY Discs, even if they contain plain video files. I tried a couple of other formats, including the Gold TY and some RIDISC and it read the filees off of them. So the Blue TY must be what's causing the problem.

So hopefully if i purchase different brand of recordable discs and burn the xISO i shall have better luck with running a backup succesfully. smile.gif

Hi, I have the EXACT same problem! I tried memorex dvd's and cd's, and the thing thats killing me is that i have another xbox that reads them just fine! I am trying to mod my friends xbox and spent 8 hours straight trying to find a way to get it to read my burned discs! Can someone please help? I have tried both evo-x and unleashx, I have tried cd's and dvd's, and i have re installed the soft mod (007 gamesave) 5 times, and also tried the ndure boot disc method. I dont see how it all worked with MY xbox, and now im trying with my friends and it doesnt work at all?!?!?!! I think my brain is going to explode, come on someone has to know how to fix this. When i put in anything in the disc drive that is not original xbox, it says either no disc or unknown, and when i go to file explorer it says 0mb size and i cant read the disc. Also i want to point out that getting a bigger hard drive is not an option, i just need to play burned games. SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO COME ON!!!!!!

#13 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Reinstalling the softmod has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on your Xbox DVD drive's ability to read burned discs. Some Xbox DVD drives are just very picky about which burned media they will read. Burn your xiso to DVD-R at 4x or slower, using DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, because that gets you the most widely compatible burned disc. Try a few different brands to be sure you don't have a bad batch of DVD-R discs. It they load in one Xbox but not in the other then the DVD drive in the second Xbox is probably ..... wait for it ... broken, or worn out to the point where they will only read original Xbox discs. There is no magic fix. You could try tweaking the pot on the DVD drive to increase the laser output, or just replace it with a DVD drive from aonther Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users