• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gekko_xbox

gekko_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

does anyone know how to patch WAVE 4 game to get them working with nme V2 ?

I tired a pathc wave 4 --> wave 2, but without success ?

any experts out there ?

#2 evio

evio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(gekko_xbox @ Oct 31 2009, 05:18 PM) View Post

does anyone know how to patch WAVE 4 game to get them working with nme V2 ?

I tired a pathc wave 4 --> wave 2, but without success ?

any experts out there ?

I dont use any patch. Just convert image to NME format as always and everythings works fine.

#3 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:38 AM

i patched the wave4 game with wave2 files the same way i always do and it works just fine...

#4 carl.holmberg

carl.holmberg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(fightclub @ Nov 14 2009, 12:38 AM) View Post

i patched the wave4 game with wave2 files the same way i always do and it works just fine...

I have used the guide you posted (xdvdmulleter) to convert wave3 games to wave2, and it worked fine.
I tried the same method with a wave4 game; "Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City", but it did'nt work.
Any ideas? Thanks for some help

#5 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(carl.holmberg @ Nov 16 2009, 01:10 PM) View Post

I have used the guide you posted (xdvdmulleter) to convert wave3 games to wave2, and it worked fine.
I tried the same method with a wave4 game; "Grand Theft Auto Episodes From Liberty City", but it did'nt work.
Any ideas? Thanks for some help

here is the guide i use every time i do a conversion and it works perfectly... this guide is assuming that you have used XBC to create your own legal backup... i typically start at step 6 because i use the same video.iso and pfi files for every conversion (i extracted them a while ago and just reuse them)... the video.iso and pfi files need to come from some wave2 game... also, make sure that all your programs are up to date... with the new wave4, some of the programs had to change in order to add support... good luck and i can verify that these steps do indeed work...

1. Start XDVDMulleter
2. View ISO Details
3. Choose a Wave 2 Game ISO to extract the (PFI) and (Video Partition)
4. Extract PFI and save it to hard disk.
5. Extract Video Partition File and save it to hard disk

6. View ISO Details using the Wave 3/4 ISO - Select [No] When Asked to try and repair unknown Video section.
7. Select (insert video) under the Video Tab - Select [No] When asked Auto Insert Video.
8. Insert the Wave 2 Video Partition that you saved to your hard disk.
9. Extract DMI under the stealth tab to the same place as PFI and Video Partition.
10. Reboot XDVDMulleter and choose Build/Rebuild an ISO
11. Load the Wave 3/4 image and click Next
12. Choose Create a cloned DVD9 ISO and click next
13. Choose Load from source ISO and click next
14. Now choose Load from files and load the (PFI), and (DMI) files you just extracted
15. Click on Make ISO and save it. (the .dvd file will automatically be created)
16. Use NME Associator to convert the iso
17. Burn the ISO using IMGBurn. When burning, select the .dvd file and not the .iso

#6 carl.holmberg

carl.holmberg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

I tried to burn it once more with all the steps and burning with IMGBurn (I used CloneCD before), but still no luck. (and yes i have done the steps correctly) I will try with another game and post my result.
Thanks for all the help

#7 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(carl.holmberg @ Nov 17 2009, 07:50 AM) View Post

I tried to burn it once more with all the steps and burning with IMGBurn (I used CloneCD before), but still no luck. (and yes i have done the steps correctly) I will try with another game and post my result.
Thanks for all the help

i don't know what to tell you then, sorry. i have an extensive collection and they all boot just fine using this method (wave3 and wave 4 games included)

#8 birch97

birch97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:06 AM

Not that this will help you; but I'm having the same problem booting Wave 4 games. I previously patched Wave 3 games with Wave 2 files and that worked fine but no dice with the new Wave 4 games.

Question though, is this what happens with yours. I boot up the xbox and it goes to the dash, but when I go to play the game disc, it says it must install an update which I say 'ok' to, but then get a dirty disc error, and the xbox resets.

I'm still trying to find a solution, not sure how some people are having success with the NME with wave 4 and others not doing the same exact things.

#9 rwcottrell

rwcottrell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(birch97 @ Nov 19 2009, 11:06 PM) View Post

Not that this will help you; but I'm having the same problem booting Wave 4 games. I previously patched Wave 3 games with Wave 2 files and that worked fine but no dice with the new Wave 4 games.

Question though, is this what happens with yours. I boot up the xbox and it goes to the dash, but when I go to play the game disc, it says it must install an update which I say 'ok' to, but then get a dirty disc error, and the xbox resets.

I'm still trying to find a solution, not sure how some people are having success with the NME with wave 4 and others not doing the same exact things.

just make sure your running dashboard 8955 and it wont ask for the update.my system is flashed not modded but im guessing that will work for you as well.u can tell what dash your running in the system info sectionb on your xbox.

#10 birch97

birch97

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(rwcottrell @ Nov 20 2009, 04:30 PM) View Post

just make sure your running dashboard 8955 and it wont ask for the update.my system is flashed not modded but im guessing that will work for you as well.u can tell what dash your running in the system info sectionb on your xbox.

Duh, not sure why I didn't think to try that first..... problems solved, thanks!

#11 gumball64

gumball64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:19 PM

Are you guys playing online without getting banned? Are they still in the process of banning? I havent hooked mine back up to the internet yet and just wondering if it might be alright with the right patch?

#12 gekko_xbox

gekko_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

@fightclub:
Thanks for your detailed steps : but the procedure does not work for me.

I just ried Tekken 6 with your procedure.
My xbox recognizes the Disc as an DVD and play the video "please insert into xbox360", no game....

anyone with the same effects ??
anyone a clue?

#13 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

that is so weird... i'm thinking it must be the video.iso file and the pfi file i'm using... i just played cod: modern warfare 2 for 2 hours without a glitch... sorry i have nohing else to add (shrug)

#14 gekko_xbox

gekko_xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

@FIGHTCLUB
could you tell us, from which wave 2 game you extracted the video part and PFI ?

#15 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

i cant remember... is there a way i can tell?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users