todd93

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(PhoneyVirus @ Jun 9 2010, 07:52 PM) View Post

I was wondering precisely what to do in order to make working backups?

You purchased a second Xbox 360 drive to rip the disks with, witch is BenQ VAD 6038 flash that with 0800 firmware using JungleFlasher . Download Schtrom360 Xtract S360X v4.1 or Xbox Backup Creator, Schtrom360 Xtract S360X v4.1 would be best for copying higher Waves because Redline99 needs to updated Xbox Backup Creator Where are you Redline99? You can download it here also read my Schtrom360 Xtract S360X v4.1 Guide and Xbox Backup Creator Guide for more info.

How do I Flash my x360 drive?

For More information read JungleFlasher's Tutorial and JungleFlasher TroubleShooting Guide PDF on How-to flash your x360 drive with ixtreme Firmware, 64Bit OS Now Supported, with JungleFlasher 0.1.69 (75) Uses Schtrom's driver portIO driver, which includes 64bit support..

What Version of Firmware to use?

Hitachi GDR-3120L: ix v1.51 Play up to Wave 4 games

Benq VAD6038: Team HyperX ix v1.61 FW Waves 1-4-5 or C4eva-Team Jungle iXtreme LT v1.1 FW Play all Waves 1-6 includes Waveless booting

Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943: Team HyperX ix v1.61 FW Waves 1-4-5 or C4eva-Team Jungle iXtreme LT Coming Soon! smile.gif

Liteon DG-16D2S: C4eva-Team Jungle ix v1.61 Waves 1-4-5 or C4eva-Team Jungle iXtreme LT v1.1 FW (Recommended for Liteon's) Play all Waves 1-6 includes Waveless booting

There are two versions of Firmware one for playing your game's and ix16-0800 being a dedicated "ripping" drive Only. What IS "Wave 4"

What to do then Future Waves come out?

If your drive is flashed with a older version of firmware that only supports Wave 4 or Wave 5 a updated maybe needed to play future games example: Red Dead Redemption is Wave 6 and if your x360 drive is flashed with say Team HyperX iXtreme 1.61 FW that got Strict Wave 4 compliance means wave 4 games will only boot if they have correct PFI/DMI/SS etc that game might not boot at all.

If the game do manage to boot what about the $systemupdate$ that got to be applied to play the game this can leaded to The Ban Hammer if you ever go online again, because Microsoft can detect older versions of firmware so you should update the x360 drive before applying system updates. Remember if your x360 can do Waveless booting and don't care for online you may get away with it, but I wouldn't go back online. unsure.gif

OK, having a little bit of trouble here with the benq drive. I flashed it with ix16-0800, and I assume everything went ok, it reported as being ok, yet, it is not seen in Windows or in Schtrom. Is there anything special I need to do to make this happen? Or have I missed something?

Thanks

Todd

#32 PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Left 4 Dead 2, BORDERLANDS and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC. Steam ID PhoneyVirus
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

I two had this problem after flashing my Benq drive with ix16-0800 and it reported as being ok in JF, but it wouldn't show up in Xbox Backup Creator or Schtrom360 Xtract this can easily be fixed by going to your Device Manager.

1. Power down your PC hookup the SATA Cable and Power Connector to the x360 drive but don't apply power to the drive just yet and fire up your Computer.

2. goto Start/Orb Click Run or Windows Key + R to open Run Type Devmgmt.msc

3. Now that the Device Manager is open Right Click the little Computer icon/Comptuer Name and then Scan for Hardware Changes.

4. Power on the x360 drive and Press Eject to open the drive as it can hang with a loading icon. Then Right Click the little Computer icon/Comptuer Name in Device Manager again and Scan for Hardware Changes.

5. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives in the Device Manager to see if the x360 is detected. When done backing up your games Power down the drive and Scan for Hardware Changes again then Power down your Computer and disconnect the x360 drive.

If the problem continues and your notable to detect your drive try Flashing it again with JF and make sure it reports as Ok in the Running Log in JungleFlasher. The Benq/T-Samsung/LiteOn x360 drives can be flashed with ix16-0800 Firmware, The ix16-0800 is a dedicated "ripping" Firmware Only, Not to play games on. I Recommend you get two drives one for Ripping and one for playing game's or use the one in your x360 but you need that DVDKey from your Original drive before flashing any x360 drive with iXtreme to play Backup Game's. Hope this Helps smile.gif

#33 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

I have been hearing from people if you use xbox backup creater to rip any game that is ssv2 onwards it will only rip it as ssv1 even if using a 0800 firmware drive is this true?

#34 PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Left 4 Dead 2, BORDERLANDS and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC. Steam ID PhoneyVirus

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

If you get Errors when Ripping with Xbox backup Creator you may need Schtrom360Xtract because it needs updating. XBCr can Rip everything From Sep/Oct 2009 back including Original Xbox Games Xbox-scene.com/News.
[/QUOTE]

[c4eva] kreon=fail! Kreon Drivers Fail! ap2.5 check.

Looks like the only right way to rip games are with 0800 firmware and Schtrom360Xtract from what I can see. Have a look in Xbox360 Tools. smile.gif

Note: Nobody should be using any backups that have the fall dashboard update until LT+. forums.xbox-scene.com. sad.gif

Edited by PhoneyVirus, 12 November 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#35 WarezRat

WarezRat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(PhoneyVirus @ Nov 12 2010, 09:24 PM) View Post

If you get Errors when Ripping with Xbox backup Creator you may need Schtrom360Xtract because it needs updating. XBCr can Rip everything From Sep/Oct 2009 back including Original Xbox Games Xbox-scene.com/News.
[c4eva] kreon=fail! Kreon Drivers Fail! ap2.5 check.

Looks like the only right way to rip games are with 0800 firmware and Schtrom360Xtract from what I can see. Have a look in Xbox360 Tools. smile.gif

Note: Nobody should be using any backups that have the fall dashboard update until LT+. forums.xbox-scene.com. sad.gif

PhoneyVirus, I would like to thank you for the great tutorial that you put out. I modded my 360 a long while back and because of your tute and a little reading (C4, etc.) I was able to -reflash my box with the latest flash, reflash a spare Sammy that I now use for backups as my Kreon is NO longer valid and "fix" all of my backups with ABGX! This site is the BEST! Ya'll have a Happy New Year and keep up the good work! I know there is a lot of peeps responsible and would like to wish them all a Happy New Year too.

#36 WarezRat

WarezRat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

I have a question!
Which is the better game "ripper" for backups? Benq, HT or Sammy? or is there no difference?

Edited by WarezRat, 07 January 2011 - 04:38 AM.

#37 joe7u7

joe7u7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

Is it possible to make backups of games you already have, without flashing your xbox? i just want to backup because my games are getting scratched. Also flashing would be a little more difficult for me as i have an Xbox 360 250G Slim.

Any help is appreciated.

#38 PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

Is it possible to make backups of games you already have, without flashing your xbox?

No you need the drive flash with LT+ read my guides for more info, ABGX360 guide getting updated Soon!

Just remember to run all Images through ABGX360 before burning to disc. Anti-Piracy v2.5

#39 Benqo

Benqo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

Hey guys.

I have a probably stupid question about playing bad backups on LIVE. Why exectly do you get banned from LIVE? Can it be from playing singleplayer on a LIVE profile or do you actually have to play multiplayer on LIVE?

#40 radicalrad

radicalrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Can you add a bit more to your FAQ phoneyvirus please as to how you can use XBC With blaster CK3 and X360USB PRO together. If you can do this to backup?
thanks for the great FAQ man..

#41 Proudhackerwannabe

Proudhackerwannabe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

First off, I am a noob don't have hacking skills. Please bare with me for posting where I shouldn't be. But my reply to the answer of the question I will probably be in the right place. I am inerested in learning about hacking, for the knowledge and challenge of it, but I pay for all of the media I use

1) How closely are these forums monitored, by MS?
2) Have people actually gotten in trouble, ever like the people that uploaded the Exper1ence kio$k discs?
3) Possibly a long time forum member would like to privatly contact me and advise me quickly on some stuff that may be of interest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users