Photo

The Success Of Xbox Upgrade To Piii-s 1.4g/512k/133m ...

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#61 supmax

supmax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 1.4ghz CPU 128 RAM 2 TB HDD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Rommul @ Feb 7 2010, 05:55 PM) View Post

I have a question for those using this board.

What size harddrive are you using?

I hope to be able to use a 1.5TB or larger drive with this board

but I just want confirmation that this will work with this board?

Thanks guys.

You can use 1.5TB drive as long as youy format it properly. Im currently using 2TB with this board. You will need a proper SATA to IDE converter. Let me know if you have any more questions

#62 docentore

docentore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

Small update on temps there:

I reseated the cpu heatsink, also added somwthing like air duct from both sides of the hs and the fan

I'm getting ~55*C after watching AVI, ~62*C after mkv and 54*C idle

#63 supmax

supmax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:XBOX 1.4ghz CPU 128 RAM 2 TB HDD
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(docentore @ Feb 19 2010, 03:05 PM) View Post

Small update on temps there:

I reseated the cpu heatsink, also added somwthing like air duct from both sides of the hs and the fan

I'm getting ~55*C after watching AVI, ~62*C after mkv and 54*C idle

Could you please post a picture on how you have your setup? The lowest I got my temp is 65c.

#64 trusty

trusty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:XBOX,HDTV,Three guns project...<br /> to chat, my Email : trustyty@hotmail.com &amp; pansy_peng@vip.163.com
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(zorglub @ Jan 27 2010, 10:21 PM) View Post

First, tanks to all for your feedbacks and suggestions
It's a 'cold' room, never got over 18c, the xbox itself is under a projector, on a stand, it has barely enough space around.

About this, i have to ask to Trusty, (the board i received was pre-modded), after my xbox got shutted down by reaching 90C, it tried to pull off the heatsink to check but there is a sort of coating on the screws, then i won't think to try to remove the heatsink without further indications.

@Trusty
No big deal and thanks for the support i'm sure i'll find a way, like you said maybe the heatsink has lost a bit the contact with the CPU surface,.. the custom cpu board has two attach points with spring, when i put a little pression on the heatsink corner with no attach, i found it raises too easily.

The Air duct is one path to follow, I have to find a good flexible material to build an air 'corridor' covering the cpu to the fan because i still need the dvd drive, another solution would be to put the hdd outside the case and fix an extra fan over the cpu, but i don't like this kind of nasty trick + become way too noisy.

Hi,zorglub,

By now , how about the temperature result of your board ? or do you like this board ? it's ok if you post back the board to me? of course and I will return you all the cost you spent ...

Regards and sorry again..
Trusty

#65 Rommul

Rommul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(supmax @ Feb 19 2010, 05:59 AM) View Post

You can use 1.5TB drive as long as youy format it properly. Im currently using 2TB with this board. You will need a proper SATA to IDE converter. Let me know if you have any more questions

Thanks for the response.

I have to ask are you using a mod chip (is so what chip) or is your board TSOP flashed (if so what Bios)?

Thanks.

#66 zorglub

zorglub

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(trusty @ Feb 25 2010, 07:07 PM) View Post

Hi,zorglub,

By now , how about the temperature result of your board ? or do you like this board ? it's ok if you post back the board to me? of course and I will return you all the cost you spent ...

Regards and sorry again..
Trusty

rolleyes.gif apologies I made you wait
thank you for your proposal,
Real life took me busy recently, so I left it aside until now
It is standing on a shelf waiting for me to reoperation, so far I have not taken the time to look at different solutions,
the cobbled air duct i did just extended the time before the temperature limit so
tomorrow i'll be going to a friend's pc shop, we will look at it closer. I'll let you know.

#67 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

anyone tried cps3 emulation?

is there a guide to everything in one place? like how to install the heatsink/cooler and the best one to get for this upgrade and stuff like that.

#68 Geeba

Geeba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Anyone just bought this for XBMC? - I'm really interested in XBMC performance rather than emulators.... skin and scraper performance etc.... I know H264 still is a grey area. sad.gif

#69 trusty

trusty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:XBOX,HDTV,Three guns project...<br /> to chat, my Email : trustyty@hotmail.com &amp; pansy_peng@vip.163.com

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

Tips:

To ensure the good CPU cooling,it need the cooling fan always run at high speed,not only under XBMC,
you need set the cooling fan at high speed on BIOS level or hardware level, thus the fan spped can

cover XBMC,Emulators,games,,etc....
1.For BIOS level,you need set or patch your BIOS with high fan speed,
a, For the X2_5035 BIOS ,you need a put a x2config.ini to E:\ , there is a tool named "X2 Config

Live Build 5035" to make this config file.
b,The similar way for IND BIOS..
C.For M8 BIOS,you can patch the BIOS directly by using "EVtool_1.0.9" .
2.THe hardware solution for V1.0~V1.5 is putting a flying wire to connect :
pin3 of transistor Q3N1 <-----> pin1 or pin3 of the fan socket J3A1.
in this condition, the CPU fan runs always 100%.

#70 docentore

docentore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Also build the air-duct similar to the one in xbox 360. It helped to drop CPU temps in my machine from ~70*C to ~55*C

#71 trusty

trusty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE(docentore @ May 10 2010, 01:22 PM) View Post

Also build the air-duct similar to the one in xbox 360. It helped to drop CPU temps in my machine from ~70*C to ~55*C

Yes,,and the very simply way is putting two sheets at the both sides of the CPU fan to block the gap between the fan and the CPU heatsink, thus force the cooling air pass through heatsink's surface..to fix the sheets,you can use sponge gluet ape....

Edited by trusty, 11 May 2010 - 01:21 AM.

#72 trusty

trusty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE(trusty @ May 10 2010, 09:47 AM) View Post

Tips:

To ensure the good CPU cooling,it need the cooling fan always run at high speed,not only under XBMC,
you need set the cooling fan at high speed on BIOS level or hardware level, thus the fan spped can

cover XBMC,Emulators,games,,etc....
1.For BIOS level,you need set or patch your BIOS with high fan speed,
a, For the X2_5035 BIOS ,you need a put a x2config.ini to E:\ , there is a tool named "X2 Config

Live Build 5035" to make this config file.
b,The similar way for IND BIOS..
C.For M8 BIOS,you can patch the BIOS directly by using "EVtool_1.0.9" .
2.THe hardware solution for V1.0~V1.5 is putting a flying wire to connect :
in this condition, the CPU fan runs always 100%.

Simply short pin2 <-->pin3 of Q3N1 is the same as :

"2.THe hardware solution for V1.0~V1.5 is putting a flying wire to connect :
in this condition, the CPU fan runs always 100%."

I will do the "Simply short pin2 <-->pin3 of Q3N1 " for all the left 1.4G XBOX boards..

Edited by trusty, 11 May 2010 - 04:31 AM.

#73 rakan

rakan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

This is a awesome mod smile.gif It's like the friendtech xbox's, right? Do you think someone would be able to do this mod on their own? I can see from the pictures that you posted that you use two CPU adapters. Are these adapters easy to purchase?

#74 trusty

trusty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(rakan @ May 13 2010, 02:23 PM) View Post

This is a awesome mod smile.gif It's like the friendtech xbox's, right? Do you think someone would be able to do this mod on their own? I can see from the pictures that you posted that you use two CPU adapters. Are these adapters easy to purchase?

Hello, this adaptors are made by myself...

Regards!
Trusty

Edited by trusty, 15 May 2010 - 04:12 PM.

#75 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hello,

I got my own Trusty Xbox and I'm having a bit of an odd problem.

First of all, it's a a version 1.0 Xbox, so it has the daughter-board for the controller ports. Controller port 1 does not work, but ports 2, 3, and 4 do.

The first thing I checked was the daughter-board and controller ports. Luckily, I have plenty of spare parts. Unfortunately, the same problem presented itself, even with these parts swapped out.

To better diagnose the issue, I went to the info window within XBMC. When i would change the controller to different ports it would ALWAYS register as port 3. For clarity I will detail this below:

Port 1 - Nothing
Port 2 - Reads as gamepad in port 3
Port 3 - Reads as gamepad in port 3
Port 4 - Reads as gamepad in port 3

I checked the pin points and whatnot and I can't seem to see any issues. Could this be due to the fact that this is softmodded? I've always used modchips in the past, so I'm not as familiar with this exploit.

Does anybody have an suggestions?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users