Photo

Okay To Use Hdd From Banned Console On Live?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 noobcube

noobcube

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

I had my homemade 250GB HDD hooked up to my 360 when it was banned from Live. Could I safely use that HDD on an unbanned Xbox 360 console? And would I still be able to copy games to it and play from HDD? Also, is it better to play game backups from HDD or DVD? (should I copy backups to HDD?)

Thanks.

#2 magusdraco

magusdraco

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

well for starters it should be fine.

Now, it may be locked down and the saved games and stuff may not work on your new 360 (some people are reporting that, no clue if it's true, just see what happens).

if you can't access your saves on an unbanned 360 you'll just have to format it and recover your gamertag. It should work then (saves'll be gone but...saves were screwed when microsoft decided to do something to hard-drives on banned 360s. Then again, it's still hearsay so don't just format it without checking first).

as for which it's better to play on (dvd or hdd) that's up to you and the game. Most games nowadays run better on the hdd, but some of them (halo 3, I think GTAIV maybe) were designed with the dvd load times in mind and actually do a bit worse when installed to the 360.

#3 gepal

gepal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

It is safe to use hdd from banned console on unbanned one, just remember that DLC is locked to console on which it was downloaded.
And for me it is always better to run games from hdd because of load times and the noise.

#4 DeadlyRox

DeadlyRox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(gepal @ Nov 1 2009, 02:26 PM) View Post

just remember that DLC is locked to console on which it was downloaded.

Download it again in the new one ohmy.gif

#5 DemisesAngel

DemisesAngel

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(DeadlyRox @ Nov 9 2009, 04:21 PM) View Post

Download it again in the new one ohmy.gif

Exactly, it is locked to the console the first time and everytime after that only having that gamertag will let you download it or even use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users