• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rhardison

rhardison

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

I recently flashed a benq VAD-6038 with an original firmware to 1.60 using jungleflasher 1.66. When 1.61 was released i attempted to reflash using jf 1.67. Following the jf tutorial, I was able to read & integrate the latest firmware but when I attempted to read i got a failure and my PC froze. Since then my PC freezes every time I powerup my drive. I tried powering before booting and the pc failes to boot. I tried powering after booting and the pc freezes. Does anybody have an suggestions. Thank you in advance.

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

remove the via driver as per the tutorials instructions and it should work for u.

#3 ps2moduk

ps2moduk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

I assume you already have all the data for this drive so create the CFW and then flash it in dos.

#4 rhardison

rhardison

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Nov 1 2009, 04:38 PM) View Post

remove the via driver as per the tutorials instructions and it should work for u.

I looked through the tutorial & it states only do this if you have add-in card. My SATA is onboard.

QUOTE(ps2moduk @ Nov 1 2009, 04:44 PM) View Post

I assume you already have all the data for this drive so create the CFW and then flash it in dos.

Yes. I do have the original fw and the 1.60 hacked fw. What app do i need to flash in dos. I have downloaded dosflash16/32 but i have not done anything with it because my hdd is sata. when i used my win98 cd to boot to dos the hdd drivers are not loaded. I am trying to figure out how to boot to dos and have hdd recognized.

Edited by rhardison, 01 November 2009 - 05:04 PM.

#5 rhardison

rhardison

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

I just realized that the eject command on my ck3 does not affect my benq drive. How can I tell if this drive is bricked?

#6 antonio010

antonio010

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

I have had this problem before, you will need to flash in dos. This seems to be happening a lot when updating benq drives from 1.51 or 1.6 to 1.61.

Just do a search for a bootable usb drive and put the files on there.

#7 rhardison

rhardison

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(antonio010 @ Nov 2 2009, 01:10 AM) View Post

I have had this problem before, you will need to flash in dos. This seems to be happening a lot when updating benq drives from 1.51 or 1.6 to 1.61.

Just do a search for a bootable usb drive and put the files on there.

Thanks for the info. I was leaning in that direction. What app do I need to flash in Dos? Thank you.

#8 UrNowOWNED

UrNowOWNED

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

Hi, I have the problem aswell.

I have tried flashing in dosflash by creating a bootable drive with iprep and then just adding the firmware i intend on using to the root of the drive here's what happens in dosflash:

- I type dosflash

- it then comes up with a list of drives (MY BENQ shows up on number 7 but says something like no identify possible)

- i pick my drive

- i choose write (as i have drive key backed up)

- it starts to erase and shows Erasing..... But doesent do anything else

Also, I've tried to read etc in JF 0.1.55 but it says Reading bank 0...... and basically does nothing else

weird really as I've done in the region of 100 drives mainly benq and neer had a problem.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

#9 antonio010

antonio010

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE(rhardison @ Nov 1 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

Thanks for the info. I was leaning in that direction. What app do I need to flash in Dos? Thank you.

All you need is dosflash.

QUOTE(UrNowOWNED @ Nov 2 2009, 03:27 PM) View Post

Hi, I have the problem aswell.

I have tried flashing in dosflash by creating a bootable drive with iprep and then just adding the firmware i intend on using to the root of the drive here's what happens in dosflash:

- I type dosflash

- it then comes up with a list of drives (MY BENQ shows up on number 7 but says something like no identify possible)

- i pick my drive

- i choose write (as i have drive key backed up)

- it starts to erase and shows Erasing..... But doesent do anything else

Also, I've tried to read etc in JF 0.1.55 but it says Reading bank 0...... and basically does nothing else

weird really as I've done in the region of 100 drives mainly benq and neer had a problem.

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Does it ask you to turn your drive off and on?
Try choosing the erase command first, then run dosflash again and try to write.

#10 OmegaSix

OmegaSix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:12 AM

I was also having the issue where I would connect the drive and the computer would freeze at the BIOS screen. I had unplugged the power connectors to all other drives (IDE and SATA) except for the primary hard drive. I learned when I disconnected the IDE and SATA the power connectors AND the IDE/SATA data cables, no more freezing. Kinda weird since the drives had no power, but whatever... Hope this works for someone else!

#11 PhoneyVirus

PhoneyVirus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Left 4 Dead 2, BORDERLANDS and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC. Steam ID PhoneyVirus
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:18 AM

Since then my PC freezes every time I powerup my drive. I tried powering before booting and the pc faile's to boot. I tried powering after booting and the PC freezes. Does anybody have an suggestions.

I love benq drives because they are so easy to maintain.

Now for it showing up in windows...

Click Start Button then Click Run type devmgmt.msc in Run hit enter goto your DVD/CD-ROM drives look to see if there showing up Right click on the little Computer on top Scan for Hardware Changes that's to make sure every thing if fine before enabling your x360 drive now Power on your drive hit the eject on you CK3 then Scan for Hardware Changes the drive should show up install the drivers need and show up in My Computer.

Why I say eject before Scanning Hardware Changes is that the benq would hang after installing it trying to load noting so eject it before Scanning for Hardware Changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users