Photo

Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

Poll: Was your 360 banned from LIVE recently (after Oct 28th)?

Was your 360 banned from LIVE recently (after Oct 28th)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 pcsrule

pcsrule

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

OK well just thought I'd add my experience. I hacked all my friends' xboxes (about 10) and as far as I know at least 6 of them are banned. They had all kinds of drives one was a hitachi spoofed to a benq. No lite-ons. all were flashed using xbox as power supply (ya stupid I know now). I'll ask around some more but it looks like the only one not banned is a hitachi I flashed most recently like beginning of November and its still going strong although they've decided not to play any burnt games for the past two weeks. I have yet to run that Z-code checker thing on them yet to see if that yields anything.

Now for my hypothesis as to reasons for this happening:
So far it looks like everyone that was banned played a bad burn some time in the last six months. This seems to make sense because the recently modded ones are fine. I think microsoft has been collecting a list of consoles to ban over the past few months and is just doing it now to prevent us from finding the cause. It looks like some consoles still arent banned but when I buy my next one I'm probably going to wait for that new lite-on firmware and be extremely careful to verify all my burns as well as getting a connectivity kit so I don't have to power up the xbox without a drive. As for my personal xbox, it red-ringed and I can't tell if it's been banned. Does anyone know of a way to check ban status on xbox.com perhaps if I cant turn on my console?

#182 JesseWHHS

JesseWHHS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

So I turn my xbox on today, first time in about a week. I get the horrible prompt telling me that I violated their terms of service and my console is now banned.

I've been running the 1.51 flash on my samsung drive. When flashed it was not using the xbox power supply.

The only games that I played that were burnt were all fairly old. No wave 4. The newest game was COD: WAW.

Hope my info will help find the reason for the bans!

edit: I was lazy and had a local guy flash my xbox. He pulled the drive and used the connectivity kit. Then he put it all back in, fired it up, but FORGOT to hookup the DVD power cable...... Maybe this is the culprit? If so do you think I'm entitles to a refund? lmao

Edited by JesseWHHS, 21 November 2009 - 09:51 PM.

#183 sexybeast099

sexybeast099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(tripaschief @ Nov 6 2009, 10:25 AM) View Post

muhaha.gif Danm it !!! Its plany valid True... you dont have to worry if you have modified firmware but play games on live with auto fix 3 abgx360gui, its PROVED !!! MODIFIED GAMES BAN FROM THE LIVE not the firmware hack... 'im safe for now only Auto fixed 3 games and some originals... and no unreleased games in my 1.51 Lite-on drive...

QUOTE(JesseWHHS @ Nov 6 2009, 10:25 AM) View Post

So I turn my xbox on today, first time in about a week. I get the horrible prompt telling me that I violated their terms of service and my console is now banned.

I've been running the 1.51 flash on my samsung drive. When flashed it was not using the xbox power supply.

The only games that I played that were burnt were all fairly old. No wave 4. The newest game was COD: WAW.

Hope my info will help find the reason for the bans!

edit: I was lazy and had a local guy flash my xbox. He pulled the drive and used the connectivity kit. Then he put it all back in, fired it up, but FORGOT to hookup the DVD power cable...... Maybe this is the culprit? If so do you think I'm entitles to a refund? lmao

My Hitachi was banned and I'm running iXtreme 1.51 (the highest available for hitachi to my knowledge) with autofix level 3 on all the games I have and no games before they hit the stores. I was being extremely paranoid about not getting banned and when I was, I went into shock. Then I realized all of the down-sides to getting banned and wondered how Xbox Live was allowed to take away basic functionality of my hardware like that! grr.gif

Now I'm done with live since my month-long subscription ran out and I don't have any plan to renew since I can't be on it anyway! It's still a great gaming utility, although greatly retarded now. mad.gif

I'll be constantly scanning for ways to unban my 360 and if any legit research comes to fruition, I'll take back the functionality I paid for. laugh.gif

side note: none of my games were beyond wave 3, I quadruple-checked and it was just after playing a newly burned version of WET after autofix3-ing it that I got banned. I thought it was because of that but I guess I was mistaken...

Edited by sexybeast099, 22 November 2009 - 04:11 AM.

#184 audiolizard

audiolizard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

I have A 360 That was flashed, but for some reason does not read backups. ( some mod huh? ) What exactly is wrong with it, I cant say But it has not been banned, and the console that I do my DVD drive hot swap with is not banned.... What is it that you all are doing wrong, you didn't know that Microsoft can literally see the disk that is being played by the firmware that is on the drive, and if the seek time is not right they know your playing a backup. There are several ways around this, one of which was just mentioned, come on people, putting a 2 phase bypass switch between two drives that are both flashed to one console is not that hard, you only need to put a switch between the 12v wires on the power cable.... I can't believe so many people got banned, Microsoft really put a number on people this time. But that is o.k. Be sure to keep in mind that both the Wii and the PS3 will be on sale everywhere for Black Friday. Imagine the money they are loosing for all of those 1.1 Million people that were paying for -box live, down-loadable content, and game add-ons. Is Microsoft really that smart for this, they should have just kept people from launching their games online, not keeping them from live all together.... I wonder what Netflix is going to do about losing near 60 percent of their customers... Think Microsoft is going to have another contract with them, when it is time to renew?

#185 en3myx0fxg0d

en3myx0fxg0d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

played MW2 nov 10th starting at around 10 oclock (2 hours before official release) with activate iso was banned next day. that prolly set off a flag for me. before that i was playing forza, brutal legend and COD4. alot of people are suspecting activate but a buddy of mine had just modded his xbox and had COD4 as his only game and was banned. so im suspecting dashboard updates more than I am activate iso

#186 SiXeM

SiXeM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

Not Banned wink.gif Yet

Drive :MS28
FW :Xtreme 4.2 (Older fw)

i don`t play games online , but do watch movies using zune

But My 360 never goes online unless i want to , i have manually configured my network
to always give my 360 a I.P number but left my dns to 0.0.0.0 unless i change this in my 360 only then it goes online ,

last played games
MW2
Assassins Creed 2
both played before launch date

Edited by SiXeM, 22 November 2009 - 11:32 PM.

#187 jmc15john

jmc15john

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

I've got a Hitachi 79 and I didn't get banned. It was fw 1.4 for the longest time. Probably since 1.5 years or more. I took a break from live for the last 6 months or so, and just recently started playing again like 2 weeks ago. I've since upgraded to 1.51 and played a few newer games with no problem.

#188 JBmtk

JBmtk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(gr33nsauce @ Nov 11 2009, 11:47 PM) View Post

so...I don't have a modded 360 (firmware chipset or whatever people do) I just got the Rrod on my console while I was playing Mw2 (no more warranty plus upset) anyways so I researched and did the x clamp removal so now my console gets banned for what me not plugging in the dvd drive while i let the thermal paste get hot? If so then why is Microsoft banning me because I decided to fix something that should have not been present in the first place?

This is good information....

#189 aprilleon

aprilleon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

There are very few differences between the people getting banned and not. In seems less people have been banned so far than have (it would be about 40% banned 60% not (This is only taking into account about 20 people that I personally know the setups etc of)).

It will be interesting to see if additional bans are handed out over the coming weeks, so at this stage it still seems a little to early to speculate how the bans are being applied.

regards,
april

#190 Eamon

Eamon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

LOL, people are still speculating that bans are due to bad burns?

c4eva practically admitted that MS has found a way to detect his ixtreme firmware. That's why he is making ixtreme Lite Touch and focusing on making it identical to original fw instead of security.
A nice feature about LT, is that it will run anything regardless of wave so no need to worry about reflashing every couple of months (probably). But the downside is that you will have to MAKE SURE your backups are verified and secure to play on XBL. I think splitvid is now required on every backup now.

Originally the past banwaves were due to bad burns or bad rips but this time, the firmware can now be detected.

#191 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

well im not modded but im still close 2 selling my 360 and do have a ps3 so i might as well buy a new laptop and get games from torrents connect a 360 controller n play my portable "benhecked" 360 that way lol.

ps @ jBmtk, ur sig had me on the floor lmfao srry just had 2 pt that out!

Edited by gsharpshooter, 26 November 2009 - 07:14 AM.

#192 PureNasty

PureNasty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

I just spoofed my samsung as BenQ and I might risk going online. Chance is I'll most likely get banned, but somewhere I read there was a fix to this. I don't know if this was a mith or not...hopefully not.

wish me luck!

#193 cjohnson419

cjohnson419

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(Eamon @ Nov 25 2009, 06:28 AM) View Post

LOL, people are still speculating that bans are due to bad burns?

c4eva practically admitted that MS has found a way to detect his ixtreme firmware. That's why he is making ixtreme Lite Touch and focusing on making it identical to original fw instead of security.
A nice feature about LT, is that it will run anything regardless of wave so no need to worry about reflashing every couple of months (probably). But the downside is that you will have to MAKE SURE your backups are verified and secure to play on XBL. I think splitvid is now required on every backup now.

Originally the past banwaves were due to bad burns or bad rips but this time, the firmware can now be detected.

the firmware can be detected eh? NOPE...I dont think so. I have a box with 1.6 firmware that has been online on Xbox live EVERY DAY for the last month. It only had a burned game played once for 5 minutes to test the mod. And that was OFFLINE. It is not banned and therefore the firmware mod is NOT detectable.

My guess is that the newer games have something in the code that is not copyable and when you put the backup in the console it flags it, leading to a ban. Maybe a date code?

#194 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(cjohnson419 @ Nov 28 2009, 09:22 AM) View Post

the firmware can be detected eh? NOPE...I dont think so. I have a box with 1.6 firmware that has been online on Xbox live EVERY DAY for the last month. It only had a burned game played once for 5 minutes to test the mod. And that was OFFLINE. It is not banned and therefore the firmware mod is NOT detectable.

My guess is that the newer games have something in the code that is not copyable and when you put the backup in the console it flags it, leading to a ban. Maybe a date code?

My Jasper got banned, I modded it and never had a backup in it. I did this to test if it could be detected, it lasted a week before being banned. I didn't use the 360 to power it when flashing the drive either. Lite-on drive.
If something is *not* banned, it proves nothing, it appears MS doesn't ban every console it can, but if one *is* banned then it shows what they are banning for. In this case, it isn't for playing backups, it isn't for powering up without the drive, it isn't for modding the fans, it isn't for playing bad rips. Somehow they detected the firmware even though *only* originals were ever in it. I have set up another 360 and modded it and have not put *any* discs in it at all, it so far has not been banned, but wether that is because they can't detect it or just haven't banned it, no-one can say at this stage.

QUOTE(PureNasty @ Nov 28 2009, 04:39 AM) View Post

I just spoofed my samsung as BenQ and I might risk going online. Chance is I'll most likely get banned, but somewhere I read there was a fix to this. I don't know if this was a mith or not...hopefully not.
wish me luck!

No, if you are banned there is no way to unban the console, the best you can do is uncripple you HDD to allow games to be installed to it again.

#195 moorebounce

moorebounce

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:30 AM

The only dumb part is M$ won't be getting that $50 from most of the people who got banned. I know I won't be renewing my XBL gold account. For a money hungry company like them its kind of doesn't make sense. I don't have to play online to enjoy the games. If I get that hard up I'll have my friends come over and we'll have a lan party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users